It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A fun video about your immune system

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 05:32 AM
link   
So, these guys made a video earlier this month about the functionality of your immune system, they make great informative videos.

This video doesn't come to conclusions, only gives you facts, but due to sensitive nature I figured the pit is the best place.

So, enjoy, it's 12 minutes, and you won't even realize you watched the whole video.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I don't know what to think because my TV told me to ignore this type of information and inject myself with experimental drugs, thing is, when my body fights off viruses etc I'm still a free person but If I agree that experimental drugs is the Truth I also lose my freedom ??

I think it's best to stop thinking altogether because it hurts my head and It's scary so I will just let my TV do my thinking for me.
edit on th113377 by Smigg because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Smigg

Ignore current tv and you should be fine.

These guys also made a vid in May 2019, explaining vaccines, you know, before the definition was changed...

Dangers from the vaccines they refer have produced less adverse effects in over 40 years combined, combined meaning all vaccines in use at the moment, than covid vaccines produce every month.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I used to use a very much condensed form of this story to explain to my patients about the immune system and how it worked.

If I where still doing hands on patient care, I would probably get the book, just for added creative material to assist with my patient teaching.

They may have a problem though, since our natural immune system is being devalued by those in positions of authority, in favor of artificial methods of prevention, care, and treatment.

It may shock a lot of people if they looked back to history and saw how the science first started in many places.

I just found out about the contribution made by Onesimus. Again showing there is nothing new under the sun.

My grandmother, a medicine woman, and many like her over generations, used leaves, roots, bark, and many other natural items to cure ailments, long before big Pharma ever was developed.

Bigger, easier, more convenient, and more expensive, does not mean better, but they have convinced many that big Pharma produced pills and shots are superior, when that is not always true.

Definately not true if you don't have access or can't afford them.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Wait! What?

You said, "patient teaching?"

You mean that you actually sat down with patients and explains stuff to them? Helped them to better understand what was happening and how to deal with it?

Novel idea!

A few years ago my wife had an issue. We went to see a physician and she recommended a $20,000usd highly invasive surgical procedure. We went home, did some research and discovered a $70usd noon-invasive alternative. Went back to the doctor, presented the option and we're e essentially told, Oh, yeah, that'll work, too.

Go figure...

ETA: Kudos to you for being an actual doctor. Pity you're no longer practicing.
edit on 2021 11 29 by incoserv because: ETA

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I was trained with the old school nursing method.

We were taught back when the scientific rationale the the teaching method of choice. The one question you "knew" you would be asked, when performing "any" care, treatment, or procedure, for any patient, was the dreaded, "What is the scientific rationale, for your actions?"

There was no task too simple to not have a scientific rationale for those old nursing instructors. From combing the hair of a patient, to the changing of the sheets on their bed. If you did not have a valid scientific rationale for your actions, you were scolded and informed that, "If you don't have a valid scientific rationale for what you are doing, then you shouldn't be doing it."

The new technique they use is what they call evidence based. It is close, but no cigar. Scientific rationale forces you to think about what you are doing "before" adapting a course of action, based on the science that most fits with the issue or problem.

Evidence based leans more to looking at statistics and data that is more commonly used that may have yielded the desired result, most often. Big problem with evidenced based, is that it does not take into consideration, strongly enough, the fact that every patient is different. Their symptoms may be similar, but that does not mean their results will be the same.

To me, the scientific rationale method was patient centered. The evidence based practice is more data centered. Of course, that is just my thoughts on it. Following the science can become extremely complex. The data may lead in a direction that is not what is best for your individual patient, even if it worked for 100 patients before the patient that you are caring for at the moment. Centering on the patient, over the desired results, is my prefered method. Most have heard the tale of the amazingly well performed surgery, but the patient died. I always keep my eyes on the patient.

But to get to speak to your question. Yes, patient teaching is the most important part of patient care. My cases take upward to four hours or more. The majority of that time is taken up by careful, patient centered "listening". The next largest portion of my services, is teaching. The physical part of my exam rarely takes over 15 minutes.

Listening and teaching is the bulk of patient care, as far as I see it. But remember, I am old school. I am more of a patient advocate, and the patient is always my highest priority. This often causes friction, when it comes to administration, and sections of the team, that are more data focused.

The members of my team that are expected to solve the crimes and apprehend the bad guys, are expected to be more data and result focused. My job is to remind them, when necessary, that the patient is not just a crime scene, but a human being. So I always wear many hats. Nurse, advocate, consultant, teacher, practitioner, and mamma bear.

I can't stress enough that I work with some of the greatest detectives one could ever ask for. I would not be able to do my job well, without them. We may not always agree, and we bump heads sometimes, but we always seem to bring out the best in each other. That is when we are listening to each other, working together, and always putting the patient first.

top topics

join