It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Art for art's sake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Today I discovered a troll underneath a bridge while securing a parking lot for a client.

You cannot see it unless you stand exactly in the spot I was which made me wonder why some artists produce work that most people living in the city for decades will never even be aware of.

A real life easter egg.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

....made me wonder why some artists produce work that most people living in the city for decades will never even be aware of.

In order to get good at it, some people practice a lot painting things in many areas that will never be seen. That and also some people seem to get addicted to it, and find it hard to not paint a nice smooth wall in a location where they know they won't get caught.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 04:41 AM
link   
The M.O. of a great graffiti artist.

I think it really comes down to the artist's personality or mood at the time. Paint something cool where everyone can see it? (Those usually get removed/painted over quickly) Or a hidden gem under a bridge few will ever see. Like a hidden Easter egg. Pretty cool.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SuicideKing33

Your reply triggered memories of many moons ago in Leipzig, Germany a graffiti artist caught my attention around the city as I was exploring.

He always wrote the word 'Snow' and if I remember correctly always written on near impossible to reach places.

Makes sense.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Great artwork!

Graffiti can also indicate a territorial marker, so under that bridge could "belong" to someone or some gang.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Some additional info this little English town is so run down now huge potholes in the streets and garbage everywhere. People and animals ignoring traffic rules. It was Grahamstown in a former life. Now it's called Makhanda or, Wakanda as I like to call it.

Must have been painted some time ago as I don't think anybody would care to 'clean it up' nowadays.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Absolutely right.

For example in Cape Town everywhere you see 'Tapz' you don't want to be hanging around after dark.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Maybe it’s possible for someone to create art for arts sake, with no ego or personal attachment to it what so ever. A rare thing in this day an age.

new topics

top topics

join