It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange waking dream (fighting motes of cinder)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Been a long time lurker. Dont post much. This is long and full of nothing, sorry. Politics gets old and this is weird. Hopefully someone manages to get through my novella.

Had a strange waking dream. I sometimes enter an informal trance state when listening to music. Usually end up with about ten or twenty minutes of lost time, and that’s about it. Can happen anywhere, any time, as long as I’m relaxed and contemplative. I first “trained” this ability on long commutes; I would autopilot for dozens of miles fully aware. Never on purpose, just a state I dropped into sometimes when I needed to think deeply and time travel. I usually contemplate abstract concepts and do not do anything further. The “actions” I describe doing were instinctual imperatives at the time of my waking dream.

This particular time (luckily at home and not driving) I entered what would normally be a lucid trance state, and about ninety percent of my surrounding awareness was greyed and overtaken by a fuzzy black sphere, floating at an intangible distance.

As I examined the fuzzy blackish grey sphere, I noticed the surface roiling like a cloud of army ants. Motes of cinder. A nanite cloud was my mental analogy at the time so I will stick with that. I sensed something underneath and poked with my mental intent. The cloud fought me, bounced like jello and snapped back, noncompliant.

Determined, I focused my intent into a mental lance and was able to drill a funnel shaped bore through the nanite cloud until I reached a hard, flat, dark surface. I was able to clear what I thought was a dinner plate sized circle. I felt that the nanite swarm was corruption and I was compelled by some unknown duty to push it away/clear it.

Unable to exert enough force from a distance, i felt the instinct to imagine myself as a generic human avatar and touch down on the surface. I pushed away “in person” on this surface in this planet sized cloud, and was able to gradually clear more cloud away. I sensed a hint of edges and pushed the cloud away to them but could go no further.

I returned myself to perspective, and could see a square plane had emerged from where I’d cleared. Yet another attempt to clear the motes, I began to use sheer mental willpower to “unexist” them from the construct. I declared my control. The cube shifted perspective inside the sphere. It shifted again. The cloud fought, but I won. Thin swirls of cloudy motes lingered, but I had uncovered a featureless black cube inside an invisible spherical construct, which was only previously visible as it was containing the cloud and cube within it.

I was unable to disengage this state, until I had “defeated” the cloud with mental brute force, me literally stating it would be so because I said so. Once this happened, i had a feeling that I had somehow “cleansed a node”. Of something. The cube and its containment sphere no longer had any ominous feeling, but felt more like a simple construct, like an optical projection lens or something of the sort.

I dont know what or where this was supposed to have been, or what I was supposed to have been doing. It just sorta happened.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Sharpobjects

That's awesome. How did you feel your ability while driving. I would love to learn more

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sharpobjects

Is this supposed to be related to ancient worship of Saturn and the black cube or some death of the ego concept? What do you practice exactly?

edit on 30-11-2021 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Sorry I didnt see your reply. I don’t practice anything. I just don’t particularly discount things as “my imagination” when they are unusual and persistent.

It was invasive, and cost me about 10-20 minutes of frozen time that I would rather have used to contemplate on art or philosophy.

Edit: I’d like to add that I have heard some chatter about the cube of saturn but not particularly looked into it, nor is there all that much out there.

That said, at least for me in my experience, this was the “gunmetal grey cube of black fuzzies”

After considering you asking whether I practice anything, this happened in the shower, when I usually try to think about things like the humanities/arts.

I first started dissociating working a job driving a long commute. Not on purpose. Maybe as a mental protective mechanism.
edit on 12-12-2021 by Sharpobjects because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2021 by Sharpobjects because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Sounds like a third eye rebirth business consciousness is supposed to exit out of the top of one's head and doing so at the third eye point falls short of the goal as do OBE sort of "exits" these I think of as being buried under a pile of dirty laundry and shoving it off the awareness was in the dirty laundry the consciousness that put it there and the consciousness rolled away or others mistakenly perceive as a self thinking they are "you" or a you... one is regret that they didn't do that laundry in clinging the rolling off or out is the stink on it of previous work and neither of those two are really a "self" mistakenly thinking so only tries to give rise to suffering or a duality the mistake of the duality is forgetting the "third"

new topics

top topics

join