It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of all the China incursions in Taiwan ADIZ: They haven't used any of their J-20 aircraft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Taiwan Ministry of Defense

twitter.com...

You can see twitter posts of all the incursions which identify specifically what aircraft have flown into Taiwan ADIZ - which apparently differs from airspace.

So all the ones I scanned through I did not see any J-20s. The J-20 is China's most advanced fighter jet. A 4.5 - 5th generation fighter

4th or 5th? or 4.5?
www.theweek.in...
discover.hubpages.com...

Explained: Why China's J-20 Stealth Fighter Can't Compete with America's F-22 or F-35 [Boils down to faulty engines] - 2018 article

nationalinterest.org...

China's Enhanced J-20B Stealth Fighter May Arrive Soon, Here's What It Could Include - 2020 article

www.thedrive.com...

Wiki has good detail w/ links.

en.wikipedia.org...

The most advanced fighter I've seen in these reports is the J-16.

So...the question is WHY has not China shown their J-20?

Problems with the jet? Or they want to hide the true capabilities / deficiencies of this jet?

This analysis feeds into an attack timetable. If you believe the press reports -- 4 J-20 Mfg lines are operational, making 1/month. That's ~50 aircraft per year. Not 100% clear how many J-20s China has now....but if we say the NEW J-20B (or whatever) is now entering production per reports in 2021...would take about 5 years to amass 200-250 of them.

edit on 28-11-2021 by dontneedaname because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2021 by dontneedaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2021 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dontneedaname

The point of the mission is to detect signals, such as radar, from potential opponents. You can locate SAM sites and C3i locations by triangulating them. But, while you’re picking up all their signals, they’re soaking up all your signatures and signals. Using your most advanced aircraft would allow you to get pretty close and get good data, but there’s no way to hide your signature completely.

posted on Nov, 28 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I very much doubt the PLAAF would use The J-20 for an attack on Taiwan in such a role, IE large formation fighter/bomber cover, there are few at the minute, they’d probably use them to pick off ships with anti ship missiles or targeting the first island chain

Since they’ve recently modified the J-20 to a two seater version, probably to accommodate a PLAAF versions of USAF loyal wingman type drones

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 02:29 AM
link   
The simplest and most accurate answer to your question OP is basic military tactics 101

You dont present your best weapon system unless you need it to attack or to deter your opponent from attacking.

China already tries to intimidate them with their pure numbers and hard direct threats.

there is literally no benefit at this time to show their most advance fighter.

could it be a dog... sure it could

but realistically given they steal, outright buy (much against our laws) and adapt advance weapons from whoever they want.

add to it despite all the "weenie waving our country is the best and no one else is" we see from our upper military ranks, politicians and some people here..
china is capable if developing some pretty advance weapons that can harm us and our allies.

the denial of such is not unheard of and history over and over has show us we suffer from this

In short they can learn anything from radar info, defense info and outright threats with current tech they have without showing their "best stuff"

scrounger

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: dontneedaname

The point of the mission is to detect signals, such as radar, from potential opponents. You can locate SAM sites and C3i locations by triangulating them. But, while you’re picking up all their signals, they’re soaking up all your signatures and signals. Using your most advanced aircraft would allow you to get pretty close and get good data, but there’s no way to hide your signature completely.

That's what I was thinking, admittedly because I've read your posts on the subject in numerous threads

In the same vein, could Taiwan only use certain radar sites when observing Chinese planes and leave some of their key ones "off" so China can't locate them?

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Oh certainly. There are a lot of tricks that can be used by both sides to get signals. These missions are at getting every type of signal you can, from radar to radio used by the intercepting aircraft. So the other side will use whatever trick they can to not give those signals away.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 03:11 AM
link   
J-20 is operated by Chinese air superiority command. For regular CAP I think they use Flanker types such as Su-35, J-11, J-16.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 03:33 AM
link   
A barking dog does not bite. A dog that does not bark will kill you. If you do see J-20 over Taiwan, chances are Taiwan has already fallen.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 03:36 AM
link   
J-16 is basically China's counterpart of F-15EX. It is more a match for any of Taiwan's fighter jets, including F-16V. That may be a reason why J-20 has not been seen flying over Taiwan.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: YongpengS
J-16 is basically China's counterpart of F-15EX. It is more a match for any of Taiwan's fighter jets, including F-16V. That may be a reason why J-20 has not been seen flying over Taiwan.

interesting perspective. But I don't fully agree, with Taiwan falling when J-20s are over Taiwan.

WHEN the USA enters the war, we would see J-20s fighting F-35, etc...maybe the J-35/J-31 will be around too. Seems like it will be in mid-2020s.

related:

Is China Capable of Tracking and Shooting Down the F-22 Raptor?
nationalinterest.org...

How China's J-20 Stealth Fighter Would Shoot Down an F-22 or F-35
nationalinterest.org...

Yes, China's J-20 Stealth Fighter Could Shoot Down an F-22 or F-35
nationalinterest.org...

new topics

top topics

join