It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Canadian health official caught lying about her "Indigenous" roots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Well this is just weird. At first I thought this woman was trying to cash in on her "Native ancestry", (like Elizabeth Warren did) but upon further reading, I've concluded she must be mentally ill.

Public health expert Carrie Bourassa has been suspended by two public institutions in Canada after an investigation showed gaps in her claim that she has Indigenous roots.

Elizabeth Warren got away with being a fake Native American for years. Her long-term scam was beyond shameless. But this Canadian woman has taken it to new levels. She wears robes, and she carries beads and feathers. She gave one lecture in a blue shawl, braided hair, and told her audience “I’m Bear Clan. I’m Anishinaabe Métis from Treaty Four Territory” She called herself "Morning Star Bear". When confronted, she doubled down, saying that she was even more native than previously thought, with Métis, Anishnaabe and Tlingit tribal roots. Her claims got more fanciful by the day. This reminds me of the 'gender-fluid' people. They think that if you want to become something you're not, you need only "identify" as that thing. It's simple, really! You can somehow magically become a different gender or a different race. But if you attempt to point out the truth, then you're the one with the problem. You're the crazy one.

According to Morning Star Bear, her accusers have launched a smear campaign against her. It looks like she's going to use the Elizabeth Warren defense. "When I was growing up, we had these stories that were told in my family. "We're Native Americans! My grandfather said that we're Native American."

edit on 28-11-2021 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   
If she can identify as native I can identify as vaxxed.

posted on Nov, 28 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied

I like the way you think.

posted on Nov, 28 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Sounds like Rachel Dolezol.

posted on Nov, 28 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Mental illness or deliberate false claim to a protected characteristic for the benefits that accrue?

posted on Nov, 28 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied

I don't see why not, and if you get COVID ... well, it's obviously a breakthrough infection.

posted on Nov, 28 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Sounds like Rachel Dolezol.

The way society is trending with its rhetoric, does anyone blame her for seeking to shed her whiteness by identifying as a member of a victim class in this way? There's going to be a lot more this if they continue to push stuff like CRT.

posted on Nov, 28 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

DNA tests are not a perfect technology.. for all we know, she is part Native... Big deal over nothing..

Real question is why she is shamed to be white

posted on Nov, 28 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   
For all my life I have stated that I was Finish and Swede, never claming to be anything other. Come to find out through Heritage I am like one point seven percent inuit...I did not even know what Inuit was before that. Oh well, maybe that is why I got along so good with Native Americans...I like the name Indians better. Except at Georges bar in Lanse Michigan, that was their bar, the customers there definitely expressed their dislike for white people in their bar...Bartender appoligized for the drunk Indians and told me it would be better if I left.

I am not inuit though, I don't claim to be one even though I have a little of their genetics. I was brought up as a Finn, my grandfather and father lived the Finnish culture. All I inherited from the inuit was my love of fish and fishing and that I pee out all excess salt. Why would someone ever want to claim they are something they are not. It is possible she could be one of those that were French settlers in Canada, some of the French people actually have skin color and traits that look a little indian like and also long before Columbus there were settlers from other European countries in Canada. It is less distance from Greenland to canada where there were some settlements than from Iceland to greenland. They knew of Canada seven hundred years ago in parts of Northern Europe, they even mapped it. There were settlers that went there and they could have lived with those people for many hundred years yet stayed genetically different marrying into their own settlers gene pools.

There were Europeans even into the Northern USA that greeted the explorers when they came through that had lived there for many generations. Reading some of the Lewis and clark and other explorers papers that I was steered to by my archeology group showed some things like that.

So I cannot say she was lying, she could have believed she had native blood in her, I know others that found they were not native through ancestry and they had a family history which showed they were native American. The ones I know that applied to were actually french settlers that came to Canada and the native Canadians listed as Indians were on the womans maternal lineage side with both of these people, their great grandma was supposed to be native but was most likely not.

posted on Nov, 28 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   

It's a handy dandy lie to tell scamming for grant money

new topics

top topics

join