It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN whispers - it's not clear if climate change human-caused

page: 1

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I caught this on Thanksgiving and have now looked into it. First, here is the title and some snippets:

The Arctic Ocean began warming decades earlier than previously thought, new research shows

From article:

Francesco Muschitiello, an author on the study and assistant professor of geography at the University of Cambridge, said the findings were worrisome because the early warming suggests there might be a flaw in the models scientists use to predict how the climate will change.

"And this is something that's a bit unsettling for many reasons, especially because the climate models that we use to cast projections of future climate change do not really simulate these type of changes."

The real kicker:

Notably, the AMOC weakened after a period of cooling ended in the mid-1800s in the North Atlantic region, which researchers suggest could have led to rapid Atlantification along the east Fram Strait.

I found the report and forged through the chart forest. There are some interesting facts. Here are a couple of examples:

First, detrended SST and salinity time series in the Atlantic Ocean are investigated, starting in 1870 and 1900, respectively (Fig. 2). As previously reported 30,45, the only negative SST trends are found in the ‘warming hole’ south of Greenland (Fig. 2a), and similarly, the strongest negative salinity trends are found south of Greenland and in the Southern Ocean (Fig. 2b). The exceptional negative trends in the subpolar gyre region south of Greenland are consistent with a slowdown of the AMOC…

Bigger

…in the southern Atlantic Ocean, where a salinity pile-up has recently been observed…

(I have to point out right here - this imbalance of salinity - that we can learn to balance the saline through observation and re-salinating as the Kryon have said would happen in less than 150 years…)

By comparing observed SST anomaly patterns in the subpolar gyre region with shorter-term observations of AMOC strength and simulations from a suite of models from the Coupled Model Intercomparison Project (CMIP), and showing that decreases in the SST-derived indices are consistent with the reductions of AMOC strength in the models, fingerprints of a weakening AMOC over the last 150 years have been inferred30.

The results presented here hence show that the recently discovered AMOC decline during the last decades is not just a fluctuation related to low-frequency climate variability or a linear response to increasing temperatures. Rather, the presented findings suggest that this decline may be associated with an almost complete loss of stability of the AMOC over the course of the last century, and that the AMOC could be close to a critical transition to its weak circulation mode.

---

My assessment is that this all looks very much like John Casey’s work - Icycle2 did a recent and exhaustive post on Casey's work and other ATSers have posted in the past.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The CNN article, posted on Thanksgiving Day, refrains from communicating the key points of the report; ocean/weather patterns are changing and we need to prepare for some cold weather. Will Greta get the memo? Not likely, because these people are committed to their Dark Winter plan.

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BlissSeeker

I think people been burning everything down for so many years that all of that reproduced dirt from organic value went poof. It takes yearz to catch up butt most of what humans do do.

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The change is just happening faster these days. Just like communications.

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Kudos to CNN. But anyways... It's the sun! Always has been.
It's just people are stupid enough to believe in stuff
like official stories, etc.

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Your OP is false. The article you referenced does not draw any conclusions about whether climate change is human-caused or not. You made that part up out of your imagination.

The AMOC is basically a phenomenon where atmospheric heat that is absorbed in water in the tropics is transported by ocean currents to the North Atlantic where it is released back into the atmosphere to warm the surrounding land. That process does not change the overall heat balance of the lower atmosphere, it simply moves around the places where the heat is concentrated.

Climate change is the process whereby excess heat is concentrated in the lower atmosphere thereby raising the overall temperature of the lower atmosphere, globally. The AMOC is a regional effect, not a global effect.

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 11:25 PM
link   
There is no such thing as a "climate crisis" nor "energy shortage";
Tesla solved these issues almost 100 years ago. JP Morgan squashed him then the gov't killed him and stole all his patents.
No need for any of this and a lot of people know it. Also a lot of people choose to ignore it and play political divide and conquer games, war games, and so on. But some of us know it's all BS and knowing is half the battle.

posted on Nov, 28 2021 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer
Your OP is false. The article you referenced does not draw any conclusions about whether climate change is human-caused or not. You made that part up out of your imagination.

The AMOC is basically a phenomenon where atmospheric heat that is absorbed in water in the tropics is transported by ocean currents to the North Atlantic where it is released back into the atmosphere to warm the surrounding land. That process does not change the overall heat balance of the lower atmosphere, it simply moves around the places where the heat is concentrated.

Climate change is the process whereby excess heat is concentrated in the lower atmosphere thereby raising the overall temperature of the lower atmosphere, globally. The AMOC is a regional effect, not a global effect.

The OP stated he drew his own conclusions based on the data he dug through. (good thing you read the whole post!)

The AMOC is NOT a regional effect. It's the global circulation pattern where one section affects the next, which affects the next, etc. The increased salinity of the water at the polar extents means it's not providing the same amounts of heat to the surroundings at the polar extents, it's drawing/retaining the heat to exchange it at the equatorial region instead where the salinity is lower.

posted on Nov, 28 2021 @ 06:29 AM
link   

that's very interesting. Now read the OP and comment on that.

posted on Nov, 28 2021 @ 08:19 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2021 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Climate change exists. It's NATURAL! In some areas where the ice has receded they've found the ruins of villages. That means that the area was clear of ice at sometime in the past.

Manmade Climate Change is a Political Scam. The volcano that burped in Iceland a few years ago put more "greenhouse gasses" into the atmosphere then we have in the last 100 years.

When the clown who came up with the "hockey stick" graph mentioned having to "massage the data" that was enough for me.

Anybody remember the so called hole in the Ozone layer? It was supposedly caused by fluorocarbons. I have a simple question, actually I have two questions. Fluorocarbons are heavier than air, how did they get up to the Ozone layer? The second is how did they all gather in only one place?

posted on Nov, 28 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I agree there is no climate crisis but the planet is affected by the Sun and solar cycles as Casey documented in his work, and, we are heading for a big change. So big that preparation is required. February 14, 2021 showed us some weak spots in our infrastructure.

I also agree there is no energy shortage in the US but we really need an energy source that when impacted by weather or hostile forces does not take down power to hundreds or hundreds of thousands of people.

www.msn.com...
www.ktvb.com...
watchers.news...
patch.com...

I'm a proponent of using magnets to generate power.

Justoneman wrote a muy interesante post the other day:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I will tell you all i have seen a generator on magnets the owner of it sold the patent to Ford Motor Company for 1 Million $ about 1978.

a reply to: FraterAetherius

posted on Nov, 28 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   

We've had some November snow for the first time in years.

Climate change is natural.

posted on Nov, 28 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I worked for the local phone company in 2004. We had 15 inches before Halloween.

When I was a kid we had "White Christmases"

posted on Nov, 28 2021 @ 07:54 PM
link   
yes, cyclical.

posted on Nov, 28 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The damage that humans do has very little to do with climate change.

What we do is pollute, poison and destroy.

The oceans are becoming toxic to all sea life.

Our fresh water is becoming poisoned enough to kill us.

We are cutting down the rain forests which support all life in so many different ways.

The climate will still be fine when we are all dying and still spurting out bull# about climate change.

There are currently 46 erupting volcanoes spewing out trillions of tons of C02, SO2 and microscopic glass particles into the atmosphere all over the world. Make sure you adequately dispose of your used spray paint cans and household cleaners and if you are sitting in traffic.... by all means shut your engine off

reply to: BlissSeeker

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Didn't get a car until I was 35 (but I lived in a big city) but haven't owned a car since 2011 - hubby and I ride bikes or take delivery. Been recycling for almost 30 years - stuff that just felt like I could do...that's all anyone can be expected to do

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: FraterAetherius
There is no such thing as a "climate crisis" nor "energy shortage";
Tesla solved these issues almost 100 years ago. JP Morgan squashed him then the gov't killed him and stole all his patents.
No need for any of this and a lot of people know it. Also a lot of people choose to ignore it and play political divide and conquer games, war games, and so on. But some of us know it's all BS and knowing is half the battle.

then musk stole his name for a car.

what? me worry?

ahh the sky is falling cult, what we need are portable mini nuke plants for everyone. the size of phone charger.

until then, coal and black gold, texas tea. as they say, coal miners do it deeper!

new topics

top topics

join