It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida did it right all along

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

DeSantis has been slammed by critics in the media since the start of the pandemic over his opposition to government-imposed mask and vaccine mandates. In 2020, DeSantis was accused by a Democratic politician of going on a "killing spree" for opposing mask mandates and a Vanity Fair headline from September of this year referred to the governor as an "angel of death."

At the same time Florida reported the lowest amount of new cases in the country per capita, coronavirus cases are surging in many states where strict lockdown orders were issued by Democratic governors.

Desantis continues to impress. He stands up for the individual, and makes rules based on well thought out planning, and not based on what the chief boot licker wants. Because of his leadership, it appears that in the state with a large number of old folks (the most vulnerable) and with the least lockdowns and mandates, because of his actions, the numbers and data show that his approach was the correct one.

Sadly, this seems like it will go the same way some of Trump's border policies went. Sure they worked, sure they solved the immediate issue, but if we cave in and follow them, we won't seem as woke. So let the building burn to the ground, as long as we don't give in. Like after 9 months of trying something different (aka, doing nothing) the idiots in charge have decided that the "remain in Mexico" thing was a winner.

It's not really a difficult way to do business, if you can put your ego aside. You look at all the data, all the different ways of management, and the results, and find a way to duplicate the good results. If this was not a political game from wake up to lights out, we could have the nice things. And if you are honest at least with yourself, you will have to realize that no matter who "started it", those in power can end it, and fix things in a matter of hours, if they chose to.

I look forward to seeing more of Ron Desantis in the political world. His leadership is the good kind.
edit on 27-11-2021 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I live in Florida, DeSantis is the best governor in U.S. He's also cutting the state gas tax to bring down gas prices 25 cents per gallon. He's also giving unappreciated law enforcement from blue states to come to Florida $5000 bonus.

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Mark08

I'm impressed from here, I imagine the direct results of his leadership are even better. I'd like to see more of that.

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
www.foxnews.com...

DeSantis has been slammed by critics in the media since the start of the pandemic over his opposition to government-imposed mask and vaccine mandates. In 2020, DeSantis was accused by a Democratic politician of going on a "killing spree" for opposing mask mandates and a Vanity Fair headline from September of this year referred to the governor as an "angel of death."
(trimmed)

I think fairly early on, Florida's data-driven approach to Covid impressed everyone.

The weird thing I began to notice was the savagery and frequency (and the frequent baselessness) of the attacks against him made me pay more attention to him, and it really didn't long to figure out the decisions he was being ripped for were most often, imo, correct.

At first I wondered, "what kind of monster must this guy be?", but quickly turned to "Why are the Democrats so afraid of this guy?"

I think I know, now.

The way he handles the often-manufactured and hysterical criticisms hurled at him reminds of the the saying:

The lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of sheep

edit on 27-11-2021 by squittles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I live in Florida, moved here from New York last year. Best decision of my entire life. We're open, doing business, and the lowest infection rates in the country.

How anyone can think the NY solution to the issue was the better choice is beyond me. I see friends from back home posting about return to mask mandates, and Vax requirements to go to businesses. Hochul has now put a state of Emergency in effect, for a variant that hasn't even been found in the entire United States. Somehow there is still people fervently supporting the politicians up there.

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: BigOldCaddy
When northerners come visit- they're a Yankee
When come here and stay - they're a damn yankee

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Get ready because democrats can not let De Santis win, they will be hoarding more illegals across the border and inundating Florida with them sick and unrestricted.

Then they will claim the new variant is killing people in florida and is De Santis fault.

Like they try to do with the delta and the buses of illegals that were send to Florida.

Right now my daughter said that most infected coming to the ER are illegals that have recently come to the state, Haitians, mainly.

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I just a tidbit in one of England's "popular" newspapers in which one Europe's "experts" stated that the cases of the Omicron variant seen so far have been very mild. Time will tell?

Cheers

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

It will no be like that in the US, because covid is political, already the piece of crap NY new Mayor has declared state of emergency because is all about power and politics for the Democrats in their run down to the ground states and cities, I can not wait for Californica to declare state of emergency too.

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Yeah, much of the fear mongering in Europe is political as well. This situation is a boon for the control freaks.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Get ready because democrats can not let De Santis win, they will be hoarding more illegals across the border and inundating Florida with them sick and unrestricted.

Then they will claim the new variant is killing people in florida and is De Santis fault.

Like they try to do with the delta and the buses of illegals that were send to Florida.

Right now my daughter said that most infected coming to the ER are illegals that have recently come to the state, Haitians, mainly.

But Marg, that may not be all bad. When they see how well they will be doing in FL, because they WILL be doing well, without all the BS from the Democratic rule, they will want things to stay that way. I believe they would support DeSantis as a matter of logic, security and freedom. It only makes sense. And since the majority of Americans aren't making sense nowadays, we may have to fall back onto the security of sane 'illegals'.

Regardless, anyone in FL who doesn't support the current political system in place would be a fool. You don't have to like every aspect but overall, it's good for most of the people.

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   
DeSantis is a Hero to me and i Don't live in Florida.
The Aholes in DC that are in charge have to be some of the DUMBEST
MFers i have seen in all of my 66 Years.
a reply to: network dude

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: bluesman462002

Some of the Eurocrats are saying, "Hold my beer."

Cheers

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

I feel I am living in a bizarro world where politics dictate even what I eat, how I dress and what to say, US is falling down fast and while many are trying to keep it within the states it is like a darn festering sickness and have nothing to do with covid.

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigOldCaddy
Somehow there is still people fervently supporting the politicians up there.

that right there is what blows my mind. They know their leadership sucks badly. The know the policies don't work. They can see the results of the political choices, but when it comes time to vote, do what you always did, vote democrat.

It's like the folks fleeing from CA to TX. What will they do when they get there? Vote just as they did where they came from. As if they can't handle the simple math. It's a true conundrum.

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mark08
a reply to: BigOldCaddy
When northerners come visit- they're a Yankee
When come here and stay - they're a damn yankee

They Yankees are alright. Just as long as they stay in the mega retirement trailer parks and vote correctly.

After a couple years of sunshine and hard drinking you can hardly tell the difference.

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I have lived in GA and now Alaska through this debacle and both states have pretty much continued as business as usual, and for the most part I have seen a pretty fair representation of the news.

I would imagine in those places like California, Michigan, and NY they get fed a carefully crafted version of the news so it doesnt look like the epic failure of covid policies it is for those Dem lead states.

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: REDMORGAN

Must have changed from the old days. Used to be--

Anyone in the north was a Yankee.

Yankees who visited were damned Yankees.

Yankees who STAYED were God-damned Yankees.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Covid is simply a cover for implementing all those rules. I see that Santa Cruz implemented masks for households indoors just in time for Thanksgiving. Crazy times.

The rule, which applies to residents regardless of vaccination status, allows individuals to remove their masks “when they are actively performing an activity that cannot be done while wearing a face covering,” such as eating or drinking.

The order asks the sheriff, police chiefs, and law-enforcement officers to “ensure compliance with and enforce this Order,” adding that violations are punishable “by fine, imprisonment, or both.”

As it's been said time and time again, the evil are testing the waters over their ability to control the people. I have no doubt that there will be an uprising and a great upset. But just which straw will break that camels back????? Only time will tell.

For now, stay strong, have faith and believe in the good. Stay away from situations that bruise your quality of life or degrade your resolve if you possibly can.

I am thankful that ATS is an available venue for people to touch base and not feel quite so isolated in their standards and beliefs, enabling us to easily communicate with others of like mind....or not, lol.

edit on 27-11-2021 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
a reply to: REDMORGAN

Must have changed from the old days. Used to be--

Anyone in the north was a Yankee.

Yankees who visited were damned Yankees.

Yankees who STAYED were God-damned Yankees.

Cheers

I thought they only talked like that in corny black and white movies that leaned into cattle herding stereotypes to make fun of dumb city folks who don't understand what stereotypes are.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join