It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid-19 variant: Omicron

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

It's one thing for the president to close the borders, but exactly what precautionary measures can you, yourself, take that I imagine you aren't already doing?

Not go to South Africa? What's your point?

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   

It's the same point that I've had since hearing about this variant. Let's wait and see if we are all going to die first before getting quite concerned. Did you have any plans to go to South Africa to begin with?

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Why Africa? Fewer than 6% of the population are fully vaccinated. Although most areas are rural, this is a large enough population of unvaccinated to produce a lot of variants.

I was under the impression that it's the vaccinated that cause variants.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Will the vaccines that were designed for the Alpha Variant stop this one as well as it works on the Alpha and Delta variant?
Will the world need weekly boosters? Will natural immunity ever be looked at from a science standpoint? these are all questions that remain unanswered. will any prophylactic measures be tried and approved by the same "science" that can't bother to check into natural immunity? Perhaps soon we will have those answers.

I think we already have those answers.

They want us to believe that only man can create a cure for a natural disease. And....
That only man can create a cure for a man made disease. Because man has eaten from the Fauci tree of knowledge and is now as a God.

Vaccines and booster will be a regular requirement to ensure that nature never has the opportunity to ever interfere with man's creation, and so they can control who lives and who dies.

No new vaccine or booster will be effective against a previously created variant, that would interfere with the continuous need for new boosters. It would seriously cut into the fear factor and the general revenue chain.

There will be proprietary treatments available, that come with no expectations of a cure. They will just make you a little less sick, and maybe prevent a trip to the hospital.

It is becoming the regular SSDD, routine of life with our government rulers. Their motto, "Be afraid." "Be very afraid."

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Just to add,

Deagal.com predicted a rise in population in most African countries by 2025, go figure.

Countries with red, white and blue on their flags suffered a drastic loss in population.

Deagal.com is not gospel, but there must be reasons it was removed from the interwebs

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   

It's the same point that I've had since hearing about this variant. Let's wait and see if we are all going to die first before getting quite concerned. Did you have any plans to go to South Africa to begin with?

LOL you dont have to go to South Africa it will be in your part of the world in 2 weeks .

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   
So , does Covid-Omicron have the some of the same symptoms as Ebola ?
Do we see Ebola disappear with Covid-Omicron as we did with the flu and Covid-19 ?
Too many questions , not enough answers.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   

No. Obviously. Never said anything about waiting to see if everyone dies first. That's just nonsense.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: sciencelol

LOL you dont have to go to South Africa it will be in your part of the world in 2 weeks .

Glad you find this stuff funny.

It's in Belgium.

Anything to say about the MMR jab lies?

Thought not.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: sciencelol
Awesome!!! That means there could be the potential for more $$$$$ for me to make, if it lives up to the hype. I'm currently not getting many scheduled weeks due to the slowdown.

edit on 26 11 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat

Why Africa? Fewer than 6% of the population are fully vaccinated. Although most areas are rural, this is a large enough population of unvaccinated to produce a lot of variants.

Were you, why?

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   

a reply to: Byrd

I thought we were calling the B.1.1.529 "Nu" yesterday. I guess Omicron sounds scarier. I also read an article that was just out less than 2 hours ago with the WHO warning against any knee-jerk reactions.

I just checked that article and it was updated 22 minutes ago, but still has the headline "WHO warns world leaders against knee-jerk reaction to coronavirus variant from South Africa as U.K. and EU impose travel bans". Although, they did change the name from Nu to Omicron in the article.

WHO warns world leaders against knee jerk reaction to coronavirus variant from South Africa

I think they changed it from "Nu" because of the confusing homonym with the English word, "new."

In spite of WHO's warning, many countries are going ahead with the travel ban, particularly ones experiencing a surge in Covid right now. I think that it's unfortunate, but at this point a quick proactive step would keep it from getting to the rest of the world.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Will the vaccines that were designed for the Alpha Variant stop this one as well as it works on the Alpha and Delta variant?
Will the world need weekly boosters? Will natural immunity ever be looked at from a science standpoint? these are all questions that remain unanswered. will any prophylactic measures be tried and approved by the same "science" that can't bother to check into natural immunity? Perhaps soon we will have those answers.

Too soon to tell, but like Delta, this one also hits those with prior acquired immunity (booster or having caught the stuff.)

As long as there's a large population that can be infected or reinfected we'll see new variants. This is the problem with "herd immunity" in a global community of billions of people. By the time you've got 95% of the population immune from either vaccines or getting it in the first place, you've had a big enough "petri dish" population for a lot of variants.

I suspect that like the flu we'll have to have yearly vaccines. I hope they've got this variant in time and that some aggressive measures can keep it from becoming a global problem.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Sry you keep falling for it...

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Were you, why?

Because the vaccine represses the weaker strains of the virus and allows the stronger variants to dominate.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   
At this point do people really think this is going to end? Did the flu? Come on and wake up my GOD. Once people are supposted to be getting better " But wait!!!!! Theres more!!!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I think that travel bans are probably a good idea until we have all of the facts. Although I believe that travel bans are not completely effective if every country that we are still allowing travel from does not also ban travel from the affected areas.

I just don't believe that there is any reason for the general population, who have been taking precautions all along, to do anything differently just yet. I also imagine that those who haven't been taking precautions for the entire time will still not do so. 
edit on 26 11 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Sry you keep falling for it...

Ah.
Thought that was what you were up to. Cast your bait elsewhere. This fish ain't rising to it.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Were you, why?

Because the vaccine represses the weaker strains of the virus and allows the stronger variants to dominate.

Does it?

Any evidence for that?

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   
skipped 2

The WHO made the announcement about the B.1.1.529 variant out of Johannesburg, South Africa, passing over a letter many observers presumed would be next — “Nu” — as well as the subsequent letter, “Xi,” which composes part of Chinese leader Xi Jinping‘s name.

To date, “Nu” and “Xi” are the only letters the WHO has opted against using. Officials didn’t provide an explanation, though the organization has been famously sensitive about expressing deference toward China, where Covid-19 began the province of Wuhan.

source

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join