It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop using the term 'Anti Vaxx'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

originally posted by: sciencelol

I Was never anti vax until this vax.

Now I am anti all vaxes. I believe they cause autism

Are you being serious? If so, that claim was thoroughly debunked about the MMR jab when that nonsense was spread.

Debunked by who? The same people who say this vax is safe and effective?

Or CNN

CNN? I'm a Brit.

By just about everyone, actually. FYI:

www.england.nhs.uk...

Have you noticed how many of these articles refer to experts and “experts” like the article you posted?

I’m not sure how we are to get to the truth of the matter with articles and “peer reviewed papers” when the only experts and peers that are taken seriously and allowed to contribute are the ones that agree with the narrative.

As soon as a peer or author step outside the narrative they are deemed to be pseudoscientists and anti-vaxers.

This is unhealthy science. True science encourages opposition to ideas and established norms. This is how progress and discovery is achieved.

Science is supposed to be one big ongoing argument that should constantly improve knowledge and innovation.

I don’t see this happening right now.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: ScepticScot
Not everyone who choses not to get vaccinated is anti vax .

However its a convenient shorthand for those who post lies, misinformation and completely made bollocks about vaccines.

Since there are plenty of those in this site I will continue to use the term, thanks all the same.

Some folks are anti-vaxx in respect to the experimental Covid vax .
And some folks are anti- fact in respect to the experimental Covid vax .
The latter cannot make up their own minds so therefore they have to rely on government , the media , and their neighbors to tell them what to do .

So, according to you, antivaxxers are cool and the latter are all credulous fools?

I think you have it the wrong way round.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff

Are you being serious? If so, that claim was thoroughly debunked about the MMR jab when that nonsense was spread.

Or CNN

CNN? I'm a Brit.

www.england.nhs.uk...

Have you noticed how many of these articles refer to experts and “experts” like the article you posted?

I’m not sure how we are to get to the truth of the matter with articles and “peer reviewed papers” when the only experts and peers that are taken seriously and allowed to contribute are the ones that agree with the narrative.

As soon as a peer or author step outside the narrative they are deemed to be pseudoscientists and anti-vaxers.

This is unhealthy science. True science encourages opposition to ideas and established norms. This is how progress and discovery is achieved.

Science is supposed to be one big ongoing argument that should constantly improve knowledge and innovation.

Then why don't you provide some argument about what that link says? Or anything? Scientific or otherwise?

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   

However its a convenient shorthand for those who post lies, misinformation and completely made bollocks about vaccines.

Since there are plenty of those in this site I will continue to use the term, thanks all the same.

The latter cannot make up their own minds so therefore they have to rely on government , the media , and their neighbors to tell them what to do .

Anti vaxers are anti fact. It's kind of their thing .

You can make up your own mind but you don't get to make up your own facts . Something anti vaxers seem to have an issue with.

One has to look at facts from both sides and make a decision .
Not just listen to the folks mentioned.

Help Deny Ignorance .
Become informed .

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I am not anti all vaxx, I am anti these MRNA vaccines which have been rushed through and are causing massive and sometimes deadly side effects. My child was vaccinated as a baby, on a slower regime, but vaccinated all the same. At this point, I will not take any vaccine because I simply don't trust the new regime to inject me with the MRNA on the sly. All this shaming and denigrating is just more of the psy op bull# that is being used against us.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   

So, according to you, antivaxxers are cool and the latter are all credulous fools?

Self-induced ignorance is never cool .
One has to look at facts for themselves.
Not be told what to do .
I blindly follow no one.
That is for lemmings , and not informed humans .
edit on 11/26/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Not be told what to do .
I blindly follow no one.

Neither do I?

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   

You can make up your own mind but you don't get to make up your own facts . Something anti vaxers seem to have an issue with.

Help Deny Ignorance .
Become informed .

Listening to facts is good. The facts are extremely clear in favour of vaccination.

What anti vaxers are selling isn't facts.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I personally know of at least 6 people in my small circle of family and friends who've had very serious side effects from the jab, so call me what you like, I'm not getting this crap injected into me.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Or CNN

CNN? I'm a Brit.

www.england.nhs.uk...

Then why don't you provide some argument about what that link says? Or anything? Scientific or otherwise?

I’m afraid that I could only provide information from “Pseudoscientists and Ani-Vaxers”. They have been deemed unreliable by their opposition in the scientific community and the media.

What’s the point as I already know that will be the counter argument?

FWIW I’m not convinced either way regarding MNRA medication causing autism but I sure would be interested in hearing open discussion from both sides without the media, big pharma, and government pushing their opinions and agenda which muddies the waters and encourages a one sided narrative.

The undisputed fact that pharma has caused a lot of damage and harm in the past would be a good starting point to develop a starting hypothesis.

After all, in the Regan era, didn’t pharma threaten to stop producing vaccines unless they could be relieved of liability due to all the law suits from damages caused?

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Or CNN

CNN? I'm a Brit.

www.england.nhs.uk...

I’m afraid that I could only provide information from “Pseudoscientists and Ani-Vaxers”. They have been deemed unreliable by their opposition in the scientific community and the media.

FWIW I’m not convinced either way regarding MNRA medication causing autism but I sure would be interested in hearing open discussion from both sides without the media, big pharma, and government pushing their opinions and agenda which muddies the waters and encourages a one sided narrative.

The undisputed fact that pharma has caused a lot of damage and harm in the past would be a good starting point to develop a starting hypothesis.

After all, in the Regan era, didn’t pharma threaten to stop producing vaccines unless they could be relieved of liability due to all the law suits from damages caused?

It was MMR that I was talking about.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Sorry, my bad, my thumbs have become accustomed to typing MNRA so many times!

I need to take better control of them. Damn thumbs.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Not be told what to do .
I blindly follow no one.

Neither do I?

If one has to use a question mark , then they are still undecided .
I cannot answer whether you follow or not.
That is for you to become informed and answer for yourself .

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Not be told what to do .
I blindly follow no one.

Neither do I?

OK. Neither do I. Happy now?

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
I personally know of at least 6 people in my small circle of family and friends who've had very serious side effects from the jab, so call me what you like, I'm not getting this crap injected into me.

I personally know lots of people that haven't. So there you go.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Help Deny Ignorance .
Become informed .

Listening to facts is good. The facts are extremely clear in favour of vaccination.

What anti vaxers are selling isn't facts.

Then you haven't spent enough time in research .

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat

I personally know lots of people that haven't. So there you go.

Lucky you..?

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Not be told what to do .
I blindly follow no one.

Neither do I?

My happiness is not determined by someone else .

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Or CNN

CNN? I'm a Brit.

www.england.nhs.uk...

It was MMR that I was talking about.

But I’m still interested on your take on the current scientific climate and how, by stifling experts that know far more than you and I about their field, we are ever going to get to the truth of the matter.

Very few scientific discoveries become a Law. Many remain a theory hundreds of years after their discovery.

What makes vaccine theory so different and immune to critique?

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Not be told what to do .
I blindly follow no one.

Neither do I?

My happiness is not determined by someone else .

Me not by a question mark. Which was my point.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join