It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling them looters now racist, how about O.R.C.S, Organized Retail Crime Syndicate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko 25 years ago when I worked retail we had a thievery ring that would send grade schoolers into the store to steal and then meet them around corner to give them the goods because they knew if kids got caught they would only get parents called in and they would be asked to pay 3 times amount stolen as restitution. But guys running the ring got away Scot free because they did not get caught stealing. HAlf time they would bring items stole back for a refund. At my dept store all they cared about on refunds was that upc or sku numbers matched items we sold.

posted on Nov, 28 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33
a reply to: ketsuko 25 years ago when I worked retail we had a thievery ring that would send grade schoolers into the store to steal and then meet them around corner to give them the goods because they knew if kids got caught they would only get parents called in and they would be asked to pay 3 times amount stolen as restitution. But guys running the ring got away Scot free because they did not get caught stealing. HAlf time they would bring items stole back for a refund. At my dept store all they cared about on refunds was that upc or sku numbers matched items we sold.

how is "they would be asked to pay 3 times amount stolen as restitution", even legal? that seems to be extortion. and i do know it is done, although i never heard of it being used on "shoplifters", just employees. employees who were, or "may" have been stealing. but also used against employees the store wanted gone, but had no valid reason for terminating. such as getting away with drunk driving, plus other things the company didn't like, such as also being a stripper as a second job. with lots of talk about it in the store. or domestic abuse issues between workers in the store. as well as things like being off of work too long, and getting benefits or workers comp during that time, or on "light duties" too long.. and all of a sudden within a short period of time, they are amazingly "caught stealing". and given a "choice". either "pay back what they feel is the value of what they stole" (generally in the thousands of dollars), and they "won't call the cops and have you charged", thus ruining your life. or of course have you criminally charged (they would apparently even give you a day or two to consider your options). like i said extortion. i know of one case where an employee's parents apparently sold their house, to cover the over $100,000 "stolen money" (and i am pretty sure in this case they were guilty, and stole that much cash (in just a couple months)), that was "owed".

<< 1  2  3   >>

join