It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling them looters now racist, how about O.R.C.S, Organized Retail Crime Syndicate

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: tamusan
Declaring state of emergency is clearly racist.

I mean, it's obvious.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

What does the acronym ORCS stand for?

It's in the thread title.

O.R.C.S, Organized Retail Crime Syndicate

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

ORCS: Organized Retail Crime Syndicate

They are calling it organized retail crime now on many stations I just added Syndicate because it is sometimes 100 or more in a group so it qualifies as the definition of a syndicate on Wikipedia.

A syndicate is a self-organizing group of individuals, companies, corporations, or entities formed to transact some specific business, to pursue or promote a shared interest.

It just seems to fit in this case all around.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

Also under California law, organized retail theft has a harsher penalty than looting. It overlaps with other crimes including conspiracy, receiving stolen property, shoplifting, and grand theft.

I heard them mention on a news show this morning that they have arrested 3 of the 90 suspects involved in the organized looting in San Francisco a few days ago.

I guess they see that as pretty goods odds.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   
What if we call them lootas? Still racist?

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Which ever term you adopt will eventually be deemed racist. That's what mainstream apologists do.

originally posted by: sciencelol
What if we call them lootas? Still racist?

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I am genuinely curious what MSM you think is credible?

Which ones have you not cancelled your subscription too?

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I hear Walmart is giving away turkeys today! To anyone who can outrun security

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
I hear Walmart is giving away turkeys today! To anyone who can outrun security

It's true but only to people who the turkeys cant outrun.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   
'Mostly Peaceful Bargain Hunting' might be an option.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
a reply to: machineintelligence

Under California law, looting is a specific crime, it upgrades the existing crimes of burglary, grand theft, and petty theft, where a state of emergency or evacuation order has been declared in a given location.

Also under California law, organized retail theft has a harsher penalty than looting. It overlaps with other crimes including conspiracy, receiving stolen property, shoplifting, and grand theft.

The news people are required to use the appropriate legal terminology when reporting.

Looting may not meet the statutory definition, but looting it is.

Until, of course, Webster's revises to the woke definition.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Realistically, the only way to stop this, beside closing the stores, is to have armed guards that are given legally authority to take lethal action. Considering that will never happen, I guess we will all eventually be limited to shopping online or maybe the stores will be open by appointment only.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: VierEyes

I agree that it is organized looting. I was mainly pointing out why the news is using the organized retail theft terminology.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The term 'Black Friday Sale' should probably be called racist too.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: network dude

When they know exactly how much they can take and not get put in prison even if they're caught, it doesn't help. There are limits on the theft in Cali. If you stay below the threshold in some places, they just catch and release.

So it's a nice system they have. Organize your group. Everyone takes the limit, and you pool your take later on. It lets you steal more without facing any consequences.

And that is the key if you want to steal a 4000.00 item you need 5 people to stay below the 950.00 limit. Thats why group stealing started i remember when anything over 250.00 was a felony with at least 6 months in jail.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
Yeah it connects cheap stuff with the color black.

We need to go back to 1929, find out who coined the term and declare everyone down the family lines racist.

Every. Single. One.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   
All Brick-and-Mortar stores will just have to start selling nothing under $950.

Problem solved.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
Yeah it connects cheap stuff with the color black.

We need to go back to 1929, find out who coined the term and declare everyone down the family lines racist.

Every. Single. One.

The term black friday came from accountants. Red means your in debt and black means your not. The day started because it is the first day where everything they sell to the end of the year is profit as inventory and labor has been payed for.
edit on 11/25/21 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I suggested that in another thread. Price everything at $1000.00 and have super discounts at the register. If stolen, the discounts have not been applied and therefore the item is still full price. They can be arrested and charged then.

Wow! My receipt says I saved $1998.00 by spending $2.00.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   
What if, the retailers made every item $975, and offer 87% off with coupon from register or whatever the percentage would be, so these opportunists would have to commit felonies, or pay at the register like non dickfaces would do?

<< 1    3  4 >>

join