It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wheel of time copies ideas?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The Wheel of Time on Prime video is a half plagiarized turd sandwish. Whoever made it copied 75% of what I have seen so far.

Want's to be Game of thrones, Brittania, and RPG in one. Maybe copying other popular shows in one could work. Not so far!

Just me?

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: randomthoughts12

I had the 1st episode on twice and the 2nd episode once. Cant get into it at all. The acting and or writing is horribly flat and the characters just meh and unbelievable.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 08:27 PM
link   

It's not as bad as the Seeker series they made out of the Sword of Truth.

It's not one to one, but I think it's still watchable.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 08:30 PM
link   

GRR Martin was hugely inspired by Robert Jordan, author of the Wheel of Time books (most of them). He gave Jordan credit for getting word out about his first book, giving it the stamp of approval for fantasy readers and the TOR crowd of the 90's.

I don't really see how WOT could try to be GOT considering their publication dates.

If you mean solely the TV show, consumers want fantasy television shows. And a lot of the resource material is somewhat in the same vein. I don't really see it considering GOT was a political/royal intrigue that happened to have dragons; and WOT is much more about the magical.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I read and enjoyed the books a long time ago, but I don't think that I am interested in watching the Prime show. I expect it will somehow diverge into preachy woke propaganda.
edit on 24 11 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The Wheel of Time is my favorite
book sci-fi Series.
I’ve enjoyed the books for years and Agree
That GRR Martin thanked Robert Jordan for his help into this fantasy world.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I watched all of the available episodes. I am pretty disappointed. It is just plain woke drivel.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: darkwingduck
well crap.. I guess it was what I expected though. Read and loved this series. Maybe I will just reread the books.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Actually better than I expected.And it's nothing like GOT,,lDeviating from books,yeah,but for a TV show it's not bad.The second and third episodes were getting better,so hopefully it's going to improve

new topics

top topics

join