It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SARS-CoV-2 In White-Tailed Deer: Should we worry?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Yes, I think we should be very concerned. To those fools who think that vaccination will prevent further mutation, this is the story for you. Covid has been let loose in the animal population (Deer, cats, mink, and god knows what else) and there is nothing that can be done with the virus maintaining animal reservoirs. As the story points out, flu virus jumps from animals to people and there is no reason to think that this virus will not do the same. It also appears covid is getting worse for cats. We recently had 3 snow leopards die of covid which was not happening last year when cats were testing positive.

www.medicalnewstoday.com...

The presence of SARS-CoV-2 in animal populations is a concern for scientists, as it raises the possibility that a new variant of the disease, which could potentially be more dangerous, could cross back into human populations.

Speaking with Medical News Today, Dr. Graeme Shannon — a lecturer in zoology at the School of Natural Sciences in Bangor University, Wales — said:

“Animal reservoirs have the potential to generate mutations that the human immune system has not come into contact with before. We see this regularly with influenzas that hop readily from birds and a number of mammals back into humans.”

“To date, several animal species have been considered as potential reservoirs of the virus, such as civets and pangolins,” she explained. “White-tailed deer were not considered a potential reservoir of the virus until researchers detected the virus in deer populations across several states.”

“What we do know, however, is that any animal species that has the capacity to maintain the virus permanently and potentially spread it to humans or other domestic or wild animals could be a potential reservoir of SARS-CoV-2.”

edit on 24-11-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Our cats have had the sniffles lately. They probably caught it from us in the first place.

I'm sorry if I sound insensitive but this sounds like another amped up fear story to me.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I heard that Santa Claus also has tested positive for covid. Such a shame. I blame the ones who’ve only had their first round of shots for this.
People that aren’t getting their boosters are the real cause of all this NONSENSE

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

I asked Santa for a new mountain bike and the tight bastard gave me Covid.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Our cats have had the sniffles lately. They probably caught it from us in the first place.

I'm sorry if I sound insensitive but this sounds like another amped up fear story to me.

The point is that makes it impossible to eradicate. So tryin to reach 0 COVID deaths or whatever the plan is supposed to be is AN UNATTAINABLE GOAL.

There is no study scientists can release that will stop tyrants from being tyrants. There is also no study or evidence that will ever stop some people from worshipping whatever the TV or democrats say.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrollMagnet

The point is that makes it impossible to eradicate. So tryin to reach 0 COVID deaths or whatever the plan is supposed to be is AN UNATTAINABLE GOAL.

There is no study scientists can release that will stop tyrants from being tyrants. There is also no study or evidence that will ever stop some people from worshipping whatever the TV or democrats say.

You are correct, I see no way to contain or eradicate this and there is no vaccination campaign that will prevent further mutation as some have claimed as a reason for 100% mandatory vaccination.

We have animal reservoirs, It will continue to mutate in those animal reservoirs, and surely those mutated variants will continue to be passed back to humans sooner or later.

The cat example surely shows continued mutation.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 07:36 PM
link   

a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

I asked Santa for a new mountain bike and the tight bastard gave me Covid.

Here is your solution: www.bikeforums.net...

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I seen about 30 deer in the last week while hunting. None of them had a couph, but my hunting buddy said a buck was wheezing heavily. The temperature was 55 degrees and the deer are in rut may explain why he was dog tired from chasing tail.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I read the article. This could get really bad.

The fact that it is still undetermined what causes sars-covid2 in white tail deer, and needs to be studied is worrisome.

They don’t know how they get it yet, possibilities: hikers throwing half eaten food (apples for example) that maybe the deer are eating. They also mention spit. What if it’s the water supply? Field mice?

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I know someone who works as a biologist for the usda. This is actually true. Unbelievably to me as well until I saw the study.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 09:11 PM
link   
not a problem.
they White (tailed).

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 10:03 PM
link   
They found antibodies in the deer, not active covid virus. Deer in the wild eat a lot of plant chemistries that inhibit M-pro and CL3. So they probably do not get very sick unless they eat foods that are not right for them. With the inhibition from those foods, they would just get a very mild case and make antibodies, just like grass fed cows would. Cats outside do eat some of the plants on occasion, but inside cats are more susceptable unless they know which of your house plants work to suppress it and you don't spray them with a water bottle when they chew on them. Dogs don't eat much antiviral chemistry at all, just like most people who eat the western diet.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Kinda puts that lab grown meat into perspective now, doesn't it?

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 10:59 PM
link   

interesting article

There's always an alternative.

Ivermectin does justice to the beef industry, it'd do us justice too if given the option.

Gain of function fauci smiles all the time he's so proud of his accomplishments.

🙏❤

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

I read the article. This could get really bad.

The fact that it is still undetermined what causes sars-covid2 in white tail deer, and needs to be studied is worrisome.

They don’t know how they get it yet, possibilities: hikers throwing half eaten food (apples for example) that maybe the deer are eating. They also mention spit. What if it’s the water supply? Field mice?

There is no magic going on here. The problem is that the people on TV are redefining airborne diseases as things that can be stopped by masks that are not respirators, and can only go an arms length.

Those are blatant lies, and many of us have known that for decades.

If you are sitting in a tree stand hunting, have the beginning of an airborne illness, and are upwind from a herd of deer, they can easily catch it if they are within 30 yards. With a slight breeze, your scent and exhaled breath are at the deer herd within a second or two. To argue that cannot happen is to forget the science it took us thousands of years to figure out, ignore the evidence, and embrace this new argument that airborne illnesses suck so bad at spreading anything on your face stops them. There is no merit to the arguments of the way we claim to prevent transmission through the air.

Mass delusion for useful idiots and gullible stupid people.

new topics

top topics

join