It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 Years Ago Today the World Lost Freddie Mercury

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   
To my mind the greatest frontman that ever lived , Freddie Mercury had an affinity with his audience and an ability to control a show like no other , he loved his audience and they loved him , a genius songwriter and superb vocal talent Freddie was a gift to music lost far to soon , today 30 years ago news broke of his death and music has missed his presence ever since.

Bohemian Rhapsody , a timeless classic.

Radio Ga Ga.

One Vision.

Don't Stop Me Now.

Who Want to Live Forever.

Gone but never forgotten , RiP Freddie.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

my priest told me freddie mercury became cristian right before he died does anyone know if this is true

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It doesn't seem like thirty years to me.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Such an astounding vocal talent. He is still missed.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Some truly great songs there Gortex - RIP Freddie.

Here's 'Under Pressure' (with some skateboarders).

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Let's not forget Freddie had a huge passion and love for classical music, in particular opera.
He had a dream of writing an opera before he died. I also have a vague recolection that Bohemian Rhapsody was based in an operatic format.
Anyway, here he is with Montserrat Caballé singing Barcelona. The album is fabulous if you haven't listened to it.

Rainbows
Jane
edit on pm114America/ChicagoWednesday2021-11-24T16:10:57-06:0004America/Chicago11000000 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Ever since Live Aid, nobody hardly remembers anybody else but Freddie and Queen.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 03:07 AM
link   

The best band of all time!

RIP, Freddie - what an absolute genius with the most extraordinary gifts for singing, performing and writing. The world become a far lessor place the day he died.

I'd have posted One Vision and Who Wants To Live Forever, but you had the excellent taste to beat me to it, Gortex. I'll go with these 2 from the god of rock and his argonauts...

edit on 25-11-2021 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I can't believe that time has passed so quickly. Freddie was amazingly talented and will forever be remembered for bringing so much joy to his fans around the world. I was fortunate to have seen Queen live years ago.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Freddie Mercury had an affinity with his audience and an ability to control a show like no other , he loved his audience and they loved him..

Bohemian Rhapsody , a timeless classic.

You could also say that President Donald Trump also had the same affinity with Freddie Mercury

top topics

join