It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CyberThom - AboveTopSecret Doesn't Like NORD VPN

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I am new to AboveTopSecret. I was having trouble posting anything to this site until I turned off my Nord VPN and now it works. Is there a work around for this other than turning off my VPN which I don't plan to do? This looks like a great site and I want to participate but I also want to protect my privacy and am not fond of being tracked by BIG Tech, Network Providers, or Government Agencies.
edit on 24-11-2021 by CyberThom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CyberThom

If you think Nord VPN protects you from the government then... 😂

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   

am not fond of being tracked by BIG Tech, Network Providers, or Government Agencies

You’ll have to stop using the internet then. A VPN can’t stop that.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   

You need a lot more than a vpn to stop all tracking, especially when it is being done by the government.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CyberThom
I am new to AboveTopSecret. I was having trouble posting anything to this site until I turned off my Nord VPN and now it works. Is there a work around for this other than turning off my VPN which I don't plan to do? This looks like a great site and I want to participate but I also want to protect my privacy and am not fond of being tracked by BIG Tech, Network Providers, or Government Agencies.

Try connecting your VPN in Canada

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   

You just joined today, so when did you turn off the VPN? 😎

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Use a VPN that uses anonymous servers. Do everything through an anonymous server with bitdefender, which also protects your browser, and use ExpressVPN which has no DNS leaks and you will sleep much better.

NordVPN has backdoor to its software....most American made software have back doors, especially those being paid by US government.

Use ExpressVPN and you will be tracked back to an anonymous server that has no log files on server. .

Your welcome.

edit on 24-11-2021 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

am not fond of being tracked by BIG Tech, Network Providers, or Government Agencies

You’ll have to stop using the internet then. A VPN can’t stop that.

You can make it easy for them, maybe with the " i have nothing to hide" or the "you can´t do anything against it anyway" mentality, or you can make it a bit harder for these dystopian data thieves, data dealers, ID2020 and new normal propagandists to make you own nothing anymore in 2030 and being happy about it. You can make it harder for them to establish a chinese style social score etc.

Or you can simply surrender because it´s way easier than to make it harder for them to conquer you. Those that fight have at least a chance to win, those that simply surrender, for whatever reason, have nothing anymore.

Btw, posted and edited with NordVPN running.

edit on 24 11 2021 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I use Nord, it's running now, no prob.

I got nord so I can watch a bunch of US TV.

I think the main problem is ATS not the Vpn.

it is pretty slow at times.

edit on 24-11-2021 by sarahvital because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   
NordVPN has DNS leaks and uses servers that have log files....you can be tracked.

originally posted by: sarahvital
I use Nord, it's running now, no prob.

I got nord so I can watch a bunch of US TV.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I've got mine set up to look like I'm working out of Hilary Clinton's basement.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Nord VPN was hacked like two years ago. I have a really cool nerdy friend who torrents A LOT and he showed me thousands of accounts and passwords which he piggybacked on for months.

Not a fan.

Private Internet Access is pretty darn good, no leaks. Express VPN was mentioned above and that's another well reviewed service with no leaks.

You can do a search for IPLEAKS.NET and on their site you can do several tests to see if your leaking DNS packets. Here: ipleak.net...

edit on 11/24/2021 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Use ExpressVPN and you will be tracked back to an anonymous server that has no log files on server.

Maybe...

Personally, I think all VPN services are all backdoored, essentially making them all honey traps.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl
And after all this? Who OWNS the satts in space...your...um.."vpn'g through" their stuff...

They own all...how safe can anyone be

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Some of the problems are not attributable to Nord, but to the site itself. It needs a major update, but for some reason the new owner won't do it.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I have seen similar effects with OpenVPN based software.

At first everything is OK, but it seems that after ATS has had a chance to 'profile' your connection, things become flaky and eventually the site won't even respond.

This seems to have only started happening in the last two weeks.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Hi There " CyberThom ", and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community!

So while your trying to work out your VPN situation...for now, you can reply to any thread in any of the forums of your choosing, as well as send & receive Private Messages (PM's) to Staff (only for now). Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Here's some handy links, important must read links (and more links).

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read, we take these very seriously and so should you!).

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum A cornocopia of almost every thing a new ATS Freshman would want under one roof.

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice This section includes how to Contact Staff, make Alerts and help maintain the ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Great information as we want your thread to get the visibility it deserves, so make sure you've got great content backed-up with links (so we can see it for ourselves), and then add your thoughts on the subject matter.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS. Before you link a website in your post or thread, please read this.

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images
This is the place to find "the how to's" and what sizes will work for your personal Avatar or Profile Pic.

Uploading Pictures unto Post-2013 ATS, Serving up member's pictures and snapshots since the retooling of ATS back in 2013, and here's a little secret on your Picture uploads. Always make sure they 'end' with one of these three formats; jpg, gif, png... (a jpeg needs to be changed to .jpg to be accepted as only 3 letter formats are accepted).

Take your time and enjoy, ATS is a pretty large place

There's a lot of great spots to explore and share your comments in. Being this large it's safe to say that not everyone is going to agree with what you might say. And actually that's a good thing as this allows all voices, theories and ideas to come out for discussion.

But be aware that sometimes, people's conviction's can get the better of them and they might attack the person and not the subject being discussed. This is when the T&C's are your friend and on your side. Please notify us of 'their offense' immediately by using the complaint/alert feature. To report an offense, find the little "top-torso-person silhouette" to 'click-on' in their avatar/meme area, make sure the post that your wanting to alert us about is where you click 'that alert' from. These reports are reviewed by staff as we take all complaints and Alerts seriously.

Some areas will require a thicker-skin for discussion and debating and they can get rather heated (in certain arenas). Other areas require you having an open-mind and a need to consider thoughts and theories that don't fit the 'norm'. If you like to tip-toe in to darker areas, you'll find 'like-minded' and curious members that are also into UFO's, the Paranormal, Cryptids and Conspiracies.

There's also places to just chill and cool-down from all the craziness and frustrations of this wild world. Whether it's showing off your artwork in Member Art, or sharing a piece of music you like or created in the Music forum. Maybe you'd like to toss in your "2 Cents" in the General Chit Chat forum.

If you like to read (and compose) good stories, there's a few places for the "mighty fine creative minds" of ATS to hang out at.... including one my favorites the "Short Stories" forum.

And finally... remember these words as "you" are responsible for "your" posts, so please..... " Post unto others as you would have them post unto you!! "

Johnny Anonymous,
Staff-Moderator.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Did you know if you layered a Nord VPN map over an NSA data and communications map it would line up perfectly!

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Hello and welcome!

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: tanstaafl
And after all this? Who OWNS the satts in space...

We do.

edit on 11/25/2021 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join