It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AKA The Arberry Trial

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I don't think anybody cared enough about this case to watch it. Everyone knew how it was going to go so tuning in wasn't worthy. Not for any sides. You can't get excused for riots and violence without the verdict going the way you didn't want it to. There's a crowd of about 18 people outside of the courthouse cheering. Rittenhouse stole the show when he was found not guilty and America won.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Your comment aged like milk.

Thankfully, I like cheese!

The verdict doesn't change the fact that the defense was shameful and offensive. Or, that the crime was racially motivated and the defense used racist dog whistles throughout the trial, that jury selection even had the judge saying the defense was using discriminatory practices to pick their jury or that the defense called for banning of black pastors in the court room.

The Brutal Racism in the Trial of Ahmaud Arbery’s Killers

From tossing around “colored people” like it was the 1960s to describing Arbery’s “long, dirty” toenails, the trial itself put racism on display.

It began right at the start of the trial, when somehow all potential Black jurors were cut from the final 16 except for one, thanks to the defense’s strategy. But it didn’t end there: racist terms like “colored” were tossed around like it was 1960; racist assumptions about a Black man were passed off as normal; an attorney for the defense suggested admitting Black civil rights leaders to the trial would be somehow equivalent to admitting white people dressed up like Colonel Sanders; and Arbery’s character was assassinated down to his “long, dirty” toenails.

edit on 24-11-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

From my understanding this is the most truly racist murder in the US that has gathered public attention in the past few years. Absolutely despicable stuff.

Let ‘em swing for it.

If they'd chased him down for being black then you'd have a case, but they didn't. Only because of the media over the past several years did this look racist.

For the most racist in a long time, look no further than Darrell Edward Brooks, Jr. Normally an act that racist would be plastered all over every news site, including the racist tweets he'd made that twitter scrubbed.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrujaRebooted
I wonder why the MSM isnt pumping this case like they did the Rittenhouse case.

This wasnt self defense, this is murder. Even if the guy had stolen something from a construction site.

I guess its not as controversial, so they cant get emotions stirred up.

Bingo. Everyone knew how the charges would go in this one so there were no tensions to raise, no sheep to feed.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: Edumakated

If Rittenhouse's history of beating up girls and wanting to shoot random pharmacy shoppers can't be used, then this man's history cannot be used either.

I bet you'd believe anything.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Thankfully, I like cheese!

The verdict doesn't change the fact that the defense was shameful and offensive. Or, that the crime was racially motivated and the defense used racist dog whistles throughout the trial, that jury selection even had the judge saying the defense was using discriminatory practices to pick their jury or that the defense called for banning of black pastors in the court room.

The Brutal Racism in the Trial of Ahmaud Arbery’s Killers

From tossing around “colored people” like it was the 1960s to describing Arbery’s “long, dirty” toenails, the trial itself put racism on display.

It began right at the start of the trial, when somehow all potential Black jurors were cut from the final 16 except for one, thanks to the defense’s strategy. But it didn’t end there: racist terms like “colored” were tossed around like it was 1960; racist assumptions about a Black man were passed off as normal; an attorney for the defense suggested admitting Black civil rights leaders to the trial would be somehow equivalent to admitting white people dressed up like Colonel Sanders; and Arbery’s character was assassinated down to his “long, dirty” toenails.

And it backfired..good!

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

From my understanding this is the most truly racist murder in the US that has gathered public attention in the past few years. Absolutely despicable stuff.

Let ‘em swing for it.

If they'd chased him down for being black then you'd have a case, but they didn't. Only because of the media over the past several years did this look racist.

For the most racist in a long time, look no further than Darrell Edward Brooks, Jr. Normally an act that racist would be plastered all over every news site, including the racist tweets he'd made that twitter scrubbed.

Meh, they never got up to chase any white dudes, I believe instances were provided, I'd have to dig.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
What is on display is the in your face racism from jury selection to asking the judge to ban black pastors from the court room to blaming Arbery for his own murder because he had "long dirty toenalis"! www.foxnews.com...

LMAO! LMFAO!!

Sookie's comments always age like milk.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
Hopefully...the results of this trial, will go a long way in suppressing illegal vigilantism in the United States.

Yeah right... bLM and antifa will still go around terrorizing juries and causing billions in damages to black communities in the name of equality.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Besides the color of the skin involved, where did you see racism in this case? You people also try to claim Kyle Rittenhouse is a racist. Your claim is as solid as boiling water.

The defendants made life altering choices, but never did the evidence ever point to racism.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

lots of people in the orignal thread believed it would go a different way, lots of gone off milk in that thread

New leaked video of black jogger gunned down by a white father and son duo

thats why a jury should just be allowed to do its job and come to a verdict they believe to be true, the internet is full of opinions and every one seems to think theirs is valid, again justice has prevailed, hopefully the sentences handed out will be accepted as fair based on the severity of the crime, cold blooded murder

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Let ‘em swing for it.

Meh, they never got up to chase any white dudes, I believe instances were provided, I'd have to dig.

Did any white dudes come around looking for things to steal?

What the McMichaels and their buddy did was wrong, and they're paying the price for it, but making it about race is inaccurate. We have enough media, Jessie Jackson's, Al Sharpton's, and Ben Crump's running around flinging out race cards faster than an electric card dealer, we don't need any more.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpThenDown

lots of people in the orignal thread believed it would go a different way, lots of gone off milk in that thread

thats why a jury should just be allowed to do its job and come to a verdict they believe to be true, the internet is full of opinions and every one seems to think theirs is valid, again justice has prevailed, hopefully the sentences handed out will be accepted as fair based on the severity of the crime, cold blooded murder

I agree, other than the guy being a jogger.

How much effect do you think it has when Ben Crump, Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson, and 100 black pastors show up for the trial?

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I believe in the State of GA both convictions carry life imprisonment, only the Malice Murder is also death penalty eligible.

Felony Murder is a charge in addition to the underlaying felony conviction that lead to the death in the first place

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Let ‘em swing for it.

Did any white dudes come around looking for things to steal?

What the McMichaels and their buddy did was wrong, and they're paying the price for it, but making it about race is inaccurate. We have enough media, Jessie Jackson's, Al Sharpton's, and Ben Crump's running around flinging out race cards faster than an electric card dealer, we don't need any more.

Just stating what I read!

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpThenDown

I agree, other than the guy being a jogger.

How much effect do you think it has when Ben Crump, Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson, and 100 black pastors show up for the trial?

How much effect do you think the video evidence and the perps own evidence had?

Guilty as hell. As the jury found.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Good news. Justice prevails... again!

Georgia laws on murder are pretty straightforward. They don't have as many nuanced degrees as many other states do. Here's the definition of murder from Justia.com:

§ 16-5-1 - Murder; felony murder

(a) A person commits the offense of murder when he unlawfully and with malice aforethought, either express or implied, causes the death of another human being.

(b) Express malice is that deliberate intention unlawfully to take the life of another human being which is manifested by external circumstances capable of proof. Malice shall be implied where no considerable provocation appears and where all the circumstances of the killing show an abandoned and malignant heart.

(c) A person also commits the offense of murder when, in the commission of a felony, he causes the death of another human being irrespective of malice.

(d) A person convicted of the offense of murder shall be punished by death, by imprisonment for life without parole, or by imprisonment for life.

Despite what others have said, citizen's arrest (including detainment until police arrive) is legal in Georgia... this is also from Justia.com:

§ 17-4-60 - Grounds for arrest

A private person may arrest an offender if the offense is committed in his presence or within his immediate knowledge. If the offense is a felony and the offender is escaping or attempting to escape, a private person may arrest him upon reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion.

Here's the problem with that... Ahmaud was spotted loitering around a construction site, but he didn't steal anything; nothing was reported missing. The plaintiffs therefore could not have witnessed a crime first-hand... there was no crime to witness. They then pursued Ahmaud in a malicious manner, when simply trailing him to allow police to handle the arrest would have been far more prudent. Finally, when they managed to confront him, after escalating the situation by their reckless pursuit, they used excessive force negligently to try and detain him, which directly led to his death.

Even police are not supposed to pull a gun on a suspect unless they feel their life (or the lives of innocents) is in danger. Ahmaud was not attacking them; he was attempting to flee.

Self-defense is not even in the picture (except maybe for Ahmaud had he survived). The defendants instigated the confrontation without being in danger. They pulled the guns. So that's out.

So without the defense of this being a citizen's arrest gone wrong, this was murder; plain, simple, malicious murder. All three are now awaiting sentencing which can be as much as life in prison. Travis McMichael could have been facing the death penalty; he was convicted of murder with malice, which according to Georgia Code § 16-5-1 (b), combined with the verdict, it is clear the jury found him "of an abandoned and malignant heart." Such a finding suggests they wouldn't have had a terribly big issue with capital punishment.

In short, three men took the law into their own hands, acted improperly, maliciously, and recklessly when attempting to make a citizen's arrest which the law did not allow, and as a result an innocent man died. I'm not going to grieve them if they get the maximum punishment.

As for those who want to bring up Ackery's previous criminal record, that is absolutely irrelevant. Previous run-ins with the law may be used to demonstrate the need for harsher treatment upon a new conviction, or even to show a pattern of behavior when being tried for a crime; they are not relevant when determining if their death was justified or not. Ahmaud Arbery was an innocent man who was killed for trying to protect himself.

Georgia do good. Heck, I think the next time they play Alabama, maybe we should go easy on them Dawgs... not let 'em win, of course (we don't have to be fanatics), but just beat 'em a little less spectacularly. Kind of a "Thank You" gesture.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   

If you are disregarding both videos of him doing those things then you are more apt to believe anything than me. The defense did not want them included in the trial. The defense did not state they were not authentic.

All I stated was his prior behavior was not included which was the same as in this case.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Race in this case was truly irrelevant, swap skin colors the outcome would be the same.

They ran the deceased down, initiated the conflict fired the shots while never truly being in danger.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Yes white people are also on video in the construction site. You apparently also missed that nothing was ever stolen from the site. He was on video before running in the neighborhood and in the site. The saws,lawnmowers and other items were never taken. On video he never goes to handle those items or touches anything in the house.

Considering McMichael called the police as an emergency for "a black guy running down the street", " he must have done something" and standing over his dead body calling him a racial slur, along with the GBI testifying in the pretrial that the defendants texts were full of abhorrent racial slurs, there was no doubt there were racial elements in their actions.

The prosecution however did not bring up race and stuck strictly to their actions and the law. She was excellent in supporting the case.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join