It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AKA The Arberry Trial

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I think everyone can agree that what these 3 men did was wrong.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

Trying to disarm someone with a gun is how things happen, but that's beside the point. If they were going to shoot him, they were going to shoot him had he been trying or not.

From what little I know, there was no reason to shoot Arberry as he had made no aggressive moves, even if he went for the gun. They had no reason to believe he was armed himself. This bore no parallel at all to any of the police shooting incidents we typically see.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Trying to disarm someone with a gun is how things happen, but that's beside the point. If they were going to shoot him, they were going to shoot him had he been trying or not.

From what little I know, there was no reason to shoot Arberry as he had made no aggressive moves, even if he went for the gun. They had no reason to believe he was armed himself. This bore no parallel at all to any of the police shooting incidents we typically see.

If he went for the gun, that was the reason to shoot him...

Regardless, these dumbasses should have just called the police (although I believe they are former cops).

Arberry was no saint and the whole jogging through the neighborhood is BS.

Judge is not allowing his criminal history which includes him having a history of confronting police and thefts. he apparently has used the jogging excuse for cover previously.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

If he went for the gun, that was the reason to shoot him.

Sure, but not legally. You can't just point a gun at someone who is not armed or not threatening your life.
edit on 24 11 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

What is the defense attorneys problem? He has made some fairly colorful remarks if I recall. Not that he doesn’t have the right to say these things, but…surely this isn’t helping their case

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'd have kept running if I were him and gone in a direction that the trucks could not follow.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   

If Rittenhouse's history of beating up girls and wanting to shoot random pharmacy shoppers can't be used, then this man's history cannot be used either. Also there is the fact that in the months prior and including that day that Arbery was in the construction site, not one thing was stolen, the saws,wiring,lawn mower. Nothing.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Another casualty of criminal justice reform. Can't jail the criminals because it's racist mass incarceration. Usually it keeps going until the criminal kills someone (see Waukesha). In this case they shouldn't have shot the guy amd deserve jail but where does it end? Protect the criminals at all cost, it's only property?

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   

He was blocked at every turn and run into a ditch. He ran for over 5 minutes trying to get away from these people. The defendents said they had him "trapped like a rat". Why is it the victims fault He couldn't get away?

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

This is my instinct as well vonclod, I usually watch the ones that look like there is potential for something unexpected or unprecedented but I remember watching at least one of the videos right when it happened and thinking they are done for

At first I thought the attorneys were just doing their job and defending their clients, but some of his statements and requests have been bizarre

Haven’t had this many surprises since the Casey Anthony trial!

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

This was the idea I was thinking anyhow, haven’t read any serious theory that doesn’t result in some kind of murder charge against the shooter/accomplices

At first I could not understand why the video man was charged until finding out he was driving one of the vehicles that blocked him in

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: JBurns
I can’t say one way or another, but from what I did watch the shooter admitted Arberry did not threaten him.

Have fun in prison, scumbags, hope you have a soap on a rope.

Ummm...Hope they don't...

And they are scumbags...

I don't as a personal rule practice hatred...However...when you judge someone then create an altercation then murder them...merely on the basis of their skin color and race...cause face it that's what it looks like to me...

Then it does cause a strong dis-like to cloud my equanimity...

And it makes me ill to feel this way...

YouSir

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ah sounds like they do not have any plausible explanation for running him down and forcing a confrontation

When the officer had said he would’ve trespassed the victim I figured they were in a bad spot. But from the looks of things they earned what is coming

It’s always surprising when a jury takes longer than folks expect, but I imagine there is just a lot to go over and the jury is doing it’s due diligence

Worst part about this case is how long they went without charges. It took one of those clowns “leaking” his video and a GBI investigation

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   

You can. If someone invades my home and I catch them, I can point a gun at them. I suppose you can say a home invasion is threatening to my life, but they can claim they were just stealing and not intending me harm at the same time.

But in my home, I can catch an invader and point a weapon at them.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

I just looked at the satellite image of Satilla Drive in Brunswick, Georgia. That's where it happened, right? I saw houses lining the street with no fences and wooded areas behind the houses on the side opposite of the river. I'd have made a dash through the woods. And yes, I know what the woods are like in that part of Georgia. I lived in Kings Bay from 2nd to 5th grade and I played in the woods all of the time.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I made the exception of someone being in your home in my post on the previous page. I was trying not to repeat everything that I've already said in my post that you replied to.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
It’s always surprising when a jury takes longer than folks expect, but I imagine there is just a lot to go over and the jury is doing it’s due diligence

I'd be surprised if the jury doesn't get it over with today so they can enjoy their holiday while the murdering scumbags don't.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I don't know if all 3 should be convicted of 1st degree or malice murder, but from what I've seen, it seems like these guys, collectively, decided they needed to play the roles of Cameraman, Cop, Detective, Judge, Jury, and Executioner.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   

It's easy to say what you would have done without actually being chased and blocked and struck by men with guns in vehicles numerously blocking your exit points. So you're going to run through people's yards without a sure clear path hoping those home owners don't have guns or that the vehicles don't cut you off again on the next block.

Again why is it the victims responsibility that he couldn't get away and therefore was killed? I would certainly like to know how this is his fault.

People in other threads did not believe me when I said there were members who believe that it was Ahmaud's fault for not getting away and here is another example.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

I also wouldn't have been in his position, so yeah, you are right, I don't know.. I look like I might be white, I only run at a track, and I carry a concealed weapon. There is also one detail about me that would have completely changed the scenario that is going to be left unsaid here. So, I agree that I shouldn't be trying to put myself in his shoes.

Again why is it the victims responsibility that he couldn't get away and therefore was killed? I would certainly like to know how this is his fault.

Where have I been blaming the victim?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join