It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A lad and his paper bag (commentary by RiffTrax).

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I like watching these very old educational flicks they once showed in schools, the army or even factories.

Anyway, this one informs us all about paper in the US (I guess nowadays partly historically so).

Humorous commentary is supplied by RiffTrax:

RiffTrax is an American company that produces scripted humorous audio commentary tracks intended to be played in unison with particular television programs and films, featuring comedians Michael J. Nelson, Kevin Murphy, and Bill Corbett and others. The three comedians' commentating style originated from their earlier television series, Mystery Science Theater 3000 (MST3K), in which they would similarly mock (or "riff") films aloud while watching them. RiffTrax products are sold online and delivered by app, streaming video, and DRM-free download.

en.wikipedia.org...

That face on the paper bag gets a bit creepy, perhaps?

I guess nowadays a plastic bag could last you a lifetime.
Or sigh, shall we return to those quaint ole days, when your talking paper bag only lasted a week or so?

How educational would this be currently?
I suppose some facts about the post-War US paper industry might still be true.
edit on 23-11-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

The ones I remember from school were "Mr. Bungle".

"See? Mary washes her hands before she eats like a good little girl. Mr. Bungle comes by and body slams little Mary into a mud puddle, steals her lunch and then goes and robs a 7-11 for a couple packs of Winstons. Don't be like Mr. Bungle."

"Billy is polite and waits for other people to finish before speaking; he doesn't interrupt other people when they're talking like Mr. Bungle does. When Mrs. White tells Mr. Bungle to wait his turn to speak, Mr. Bungle stabs her in the face with a soldering iron and steals her Honda Civic. Don't be a Mr. Bungle."

edit on 11/23/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
LOL where did you go to school, Alcatraz?

We didn't have anything fun like that at my school.

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   
And somewhere in 2021 - Willy always keeps a pipe in his pocket, because imagine, paper might disappear.

Such as under South Africa's 2020 Covid-lockdown, for example, when rolling papers were banned along with tobacco products.

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

LOL! There's actually a bit of truth in that post (though some of it is an exaggeration, of course).

Mr. Bungle was actually real. They would show these educational movies with this kid called 'Mr. Bungle', and he would make all these manners violations. They'd always show some kid doing the right thing, then Mr. Bungle doing the wrong thing. Then they'd say..."Don't do like Mr. Bungle does; always (insert proper manner action). Don't be like Mr. Bungle"

Even back then (late 60's and early 70's) the movies were so dumb to us kids that we'd always make up funny endings to the Mr. Bungle stories (like what I wrote).

edit on 11/23/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Saving money at the supermarket.

Funny, maybe, but mostly still relevant:

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Similarity, nothing should come between a lad and his sting-ray.

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 06:32 PM
link   
No really, did you know that buying oats in bulk is much cheaper than buying them in packets?

But they're still similarly depressing.

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   
So gee Uncle Ben, why don't we have an effective HIV/AIDS vaccine yet?

Because it's too costly, and nobody wants to see "uncle Mercury" die of old age.

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Marijuana: imagine how much you could save by growing your own.

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 09:38 PM
link   
What's legal in California, and legal in Canada, but you can't take it across the border?

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Gerbils, Canada has better gerbils than the US.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Another RiffTrax classic: Santa And the Ice Cream Bunny.

I dreaded it would be a miserable day, because mom had a low-fever, although she insists it's arthritis related and not Covid (we're all "fully" jabbed).
But not wanting to harm anyone else I decided to go into cautious isolation for a day or two to see if that fever disappears, or symptoms increase, or spreads to me.

Thought I'd have a miserable day without my buddies, but flip this had me laughing so hard, the house was shaking!

Thanks RiffTrax!

edit on 8-12-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The "church bazaar" these days.

Flip that's not a flea-market, that's a super-spreader supermarket.

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 03:07 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

join