It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Brandon is more powerful

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Saying things like F off, or F this or that is very common, crude insult. It also implies a command to copulate, which I never understood - how can an insult suggest something that feels good?

In any case, people chanting F someone is pedestrian, commonplace, crude, low-brow and not very civilized. It's also so over-used, it has absolutely no mystery. Everyone knows what it means, everyone has heard it a lot, so it's in everyone's comfort zone. Nothing special about it whatsoever.

Some reporter suddenly laughably twists it because of cognitive dissonance or fear - they just can't bear to face, let alone report the truth, so they conjure up this mystical 'Let's Go, Brandon', although that's NEVER how anyone cheers on anyone. I have never heard anyone yell 'Let's Go', when they cheer for someone or something. 'Go, go!', maybe. But never 'Let's go!'.

'Let's Go' seems to me more like a command that a mom would scream to a lazy daughter when she's being unresponsive or using delay tactics so she wouldn't have to clean her room. 'In a minute', "NOW, Let's go!"

In any case, the media took this phrase in a really odd way, and here's why.

When you hear something you've heard a hundred thousand times already, it has no impact. It makes no difference. The old C-word used to pack quite a punch, but now comedians and other people have used it so much, it has zero impact. You can call me the C-word, and it won't make one molecule's worth of emotional movement inside of me.

When you hear something new, it's a completely different situation. You might not be completely sure what it means, which creates alertness and intrique, you might not be sure how to react. The media certainly didn't.

It also sounds like some kind of code for something - which it sort of became. But the full intricacy and meaning of that code remains unclear, because it's a NEW, and thus at least partially UNKNOWN thing.

This means your imagination becomes active, suddenly it can mean ALL KINDS of things, because its meaning is not yet clearly defined, and thus it's not as limited as the tired, old phrases. The F-bomb might be a bit annoying and shocking at some point, but we all know its limitations - we know EXACTLY what it means, so it never engages our imaginations.

But 'Let's Go, Brandon!' (Sorry, I can't write it without the Oxford Comma, as the meaning would change to "Let's Become Brandon(s)" - as in 'don't you go all Brandon on me now')..

..engages the imagination, exactly because we don't know its limitations, we don't know ALL the things it CAN mean, even if we do know sort of what it's supposed to mean. This makes it sound like a cryptic code, that can have multiple meanings and connotations, and since no one can know ALL of those possible connotations and meanings, it becomes SCARY to those that want to control everything to fit a certain official narrative.

So the solution is to BAN it, which only makes it even stronger. Can you imagine media trying to ban the F-bomb?

F-bomb is not as strong, because 'implied' that engages the imagination, is always more powerful (at least to the fearful mind) than the 'direct' that doesn't engage the imagination because you know it fully.

F-bomb is an old thing, everyone knows it, no mystery there.

"Let's Go, Brandon!" is a new thing, no one knows its limitations, it can mean almost anything, it can be a SCARY CODE that can mean something SO POWERFUL and scary that your imagination doesn't even dare go there! LET'S BAN IT!!

That's the power of imagination - it's like impressionism. You don't draw details, you let the viewer create those details in their mind. When something is crude or unfinished, your mind tries to finish it and this is where the imagination comes in. This is why some art speaks powerfully even though it might have almost no detail - simple things can be more powerful than complex, detailed ones sometimes. You become a co-creator of the art in a way.

The same is true of 'Let's Go, Brandon!' - because it's never defined anywhere, it's not fully realized, it's not fully understandable, it becomes a way larger than the F-bomb can ever be, and everyone can have their own interpretation and experience of it, and this makes it more powerful than the boring, old, predictable F-bomb.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   
It's way over used and has lost its meaning
Exactly like calling someone racist or a white supremacist
Or like F#$@ Trump

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Thanks Obama

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina
F Biden is all of those thing you said, but it makes me feel better.

At one time I held high respect for the office if not the man. Well, that ship has sailed. In the last 5 years the progressives have taught me a new set of rules. Respect is earned not freely give.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Good point in many regards. "Let's Go Brandon" will get to a wider audience because it's the clean version of "F-ck Joe Biden."

What about when people in 5 years search ATS for info on Joe Biden's failed Presidency. How many results will not come up, because "Brandon" was used in the thread's title, instead of "Biden"?

That is why I never use "Brandon" in my thread titles about Joe Biden.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The best things about "Let's go, Brandon" is the satirical element. Aside from making a clear statement about the Biden debacle, it throws the hypocrisy and utter stupidity of both the moron reporter who birthed the phase and the main-stream media in general back into their face.

Has anyone ever asked that stupid woman reporter (Yeah, I just assumed her gender.) what goes through her empty, vapid mind when she hears her brainchild repeated?

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Good point in many regards. "Let's Go Brandon" will get to a wider audience because it's the clean version of "F-ck Joe Biden."

What about when people in 5 years search ATS for info on Joe Biden's failed Presidency. How many results will not come up, because "Brandon" was used in the thread's title, instead of "Biden"?

That is why I never use "Brandon" in my thread titles about Joe Biden.

It makes little sense to replace Biden with Brandon. It's the phrase in it's entirety that points back to it's moment of inception that makes it powerful.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Let's go Brandon epitomizes the fake news agenda and the the left absolutely hates the phrase

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Why wasn't an Oxford-comma used in it's proper place ?

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Donald Trump was the best American president ever. Cannot be topped. Number 1 ever.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I am active on Twitter. Let's Go Brandon is far more powerful. I see it. It triggers the left far more than Fk Off Biden on Twitter. It is all psychological because 1. the news lady made a fool of the left and 2. because the rest of us have FUN with it and God forbid we be happy and have fun!
edit on 2021 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Thanks for the Rorschach of what you psychologically think about a "four" letter word.

It is invaluable to all of those that want to know how your mental ticker works.

I am of course not going to agree or disagree with you as it it your culmination of wisdom or "religion/philosophy" of life in connection with a single word like a enigmagramical map.

If you think about the post you've made here as time goes on it will be a sort of "map" as you progress over time and wisdom that has been gained and or lost.

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 12:43 AM
link   

No it's not for that reason.

It's to make fun of the dumb ass lying lidtard leftist media, that think they can put spin on everything and people not see it.

Trying to overthink it just ruins it.

edit on 23-11-2021 by TomCollin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I do feel a bit sorry for the real Brandon though, when all this was apparently misheard, or politely covered up with an impromptu "mishearing".

Even if I was a private fan of the gaffe, I'd feel a bit upset that my 15-minutes of fame (with my name on it) now refers to something completely different.

A slogan that's a derivative from another man's moment of glory (who to my knowledge never wanted to be a political activist for anyone).

(I'm saying "15-minutes of fame" considering how huge this meme is at the moment, I'm not at all knowledgeable on US sports or the fame status of the literal "Brandon", or his future career.)

Talk about being unwittingly, and actually unfairly swept up in a political, and possibly historical discourse!
edit on 23-11-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shoujikina

The same is true of 'Let's Go, Brandon!' - because it's never defined anywhere, it's not fully realized, it's not fully understandable, it becomes a way larger than the F-bomb can ever be, and everyone can have their own interpretation and experience of it, and this makes it more powerful than the boring, old, predictable F-bomb.

It represents a double meaning. When it was very clear the crowd was chanting "F-Biden!" the announcer told their audience that they were really chanting "Let's go Brandon" since one of the NASCAR drivers is named Brandon. That is it....

It took off due to the ridiculousness of the announcer's statement and grew as the left went all REEEeee on it too. So, now instead of many people on both sides of the idle chanting F-Biden! they do the same with "Let's go Brandon!"

It actually flows quite well in a chant as three words seem to work best too, so win win...

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Reminds me a bit of how Jani Lane (tragically deceased singer of Warrant) lamented the fact that he became the "Cherry Pie guy" (apparently a last minute composition producers insisted should be on the album as a catchy sing-along opening track).
Next thing Lane had to judge cherry pie competitions, and his dreams of becoming a "serious" rock star faded.
Some people might revel in that, and appear with cherry pies for life, but others can find misapplied fame soul-destroying.

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Incidentally, NASCAR already warned on 5 November that it will sue if their trademarks are used with the slogan.
www.newsweek.com...

Could the slogan itself be trademarked?
I'm not sure of the legalese in various countries and contexts, but maybe that's a possibility if one merchandises one set of events as a metaphor for another.
Arguably product merchants could say, oh but I'm referring to another "Brandon", just as I suppose "Jesus" or "Karen" can't be pinpointed.
But I think this has a very specific origin and reference.
Never mind related suits of the possible pain and suffering, reputational damage and so forth to Brandon Brown and even the journalist who misheard the chant.

Let's just say if I was an investment dragon, I wouldn't invest in "Let's go Brandon" merchandise.
The joke will soon be too costly, and better to invest in the more honest "F Joe Biden", which I guess is directly protected political speech.
Of course people can't be stopped chanting it, but making a buck of it seems ill-advised.

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 02:01 PM
link   
However, the law should also protect the poor hippie who's been living in the jungle for the past 30 years, and he starts selling T-shirts that read:

Let's Go Brandon!

Yeah, tell it to the judge:

"Your Honor, I was only trying to encourage Brandon Frasier to make another classic movie like Airheads".

"Oh, you meant Brendan Fraser. Nevertheless, ignorance of the law is no excuse Mr. Jungle George. Off to the penitentiary"!

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Are you a "Karen" ?

( asking for a friend's second cousin by marriage. )

top topics

join