It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upset about Rittenhouse trial, or just uninformed?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I don't really know what your mission here is on this forum, you adress me in private because of my post concerning demons and that I ask for help, telling that you know # and know about demons and wish to help me.

Yet, you seem to be such a douche with non-opinions who doesn't even adress the topics concerend and could be regarded as a troll.

How do you combine the 'being good' and 'being an ass', now I know it's possible to possess both traits but you do not come across as a sincere person and I am happy I did not reply anymore to you.

I'm sorry that I am judging based on some snippets of texts but you seem not to be the person that initially presented himself to me and I think the other people have the right to 'know' (as far as my knowledge goes, it's just opinions really) because you might be willing to 'help' someone else and it might not be what they need.

This post will probably be deleted, I don't care.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch
a reply to: network dude

But opinion pieces aren’t news!!!

Is like me saying that Hannity and Tucker Carlson speak for all conservatives. They might speak for those who are draws to their ideas and opinions. They aren’t journalists though as Fox News has stated multiple times in courts.

The problem is a lot of " news organizations" wrap their opinions up in the guise of news. Also, a lot of people watching or reading the news don't bother to differentiate the news from opinion. I think that's the crux of the problem. Most of the "news" today is really just opinion pieces.
edit on 22-11-2021 by Khaleesi because: Typo

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I’m not standing up for the media. I’m trying to have you guys open you eyes to something you already know but seem to have forgotten which is on many corners of the left guns are repulsive. Anything that starts with a gun and end with a gun is deemed almost like an evil act on many corners of the left.

This is something that I have argued against on my leftist circles. Many of us have guns and try to explain not necessarily the need of having one but how guns are a right and about the rights of self defense.

I’m seeing a very slow shift on the left when it comes to guns, very slow, but it has picked up in the last 4-5 years. I’ve seen many people on the left talk about buying guns and taking lessons, go to shooting ranges and all that. Unfortunately I sense this uptick is mostly tied up to a perceive threat of political violence by extreme right wings followers, which makes it kind of sad.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

You are correct. I usually watch cable news up until the opinion shows starts. I don’t get nothing from watching agitators like Hannity, Ingraham, Carlson on Fox and Don Lemon and Cuomo on CNN. Once opinion shows start I’m usually watching sports or local news.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Unfortunately I sense this uptick is mostly tied up to a perceive threat of political violence by extreme right wings followers, which makes it kind of sad.

I see the extreme right wing militia types as very few. I feel like the majority are normal folks who understand the ramifications of their actions. People who may not like things, but would never use violence against them. But those same people are the kind that cheer the ability to consider self defence as a right.

You are an anomaly of the left, and you even admit that. Imagine if education all around could be had without the political influence.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I want the cat's viewpoint.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

Um, we all know who the guilty parties are. MSNBC, CNN, NY Times, Biden, countless other democrats. Does someone need to make a list for you? Maybe you'd like someone to write a summary of their statements with references? How about you look for yourself? If you watch CNN and MSNBC surely you've heard them call him a white nationalist, white supremacist, etc. Also, who in their right mind watches CNN and MSNBC??? I had a grandpa with dementia who watched Fox news. Are you someone's grandpa with dementia too?

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I consider myself center-left, my wife sees me as a wild liberal and may daughters see me as a RINO…lol.

You are right about the extreme right wing militia and I will take it a step further to say that political violence is very rare in this country. Acknowledging that even one case is too many and separating political violence from racial violence, political violence cases aren’t prevalent in this country.

For that reason is that it surprises me that of all the reasons people have for owning a weapon in this country many leftist have decided that the threat of political violence would be the one that got them to get armed up.
edit on 22-11-2021 by Bunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Just chiming in with the following example of the media misleading everyone.

They persistently report that Rittenhouse shot three blacks when they were, in fact, white.

But, God forbid, they adhere to objective journalistic standards.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I’m not standing up for the media. I’m trying to have you guys open you eyes to something you already know but seem to have forgotten which is on many corners of the left guns are repulsive. Anything that starts with a gun and end with a gun is deemed almost like an evil act on many corners of the left.

This is something that I have argued against on my leftist circles. Many of us have guns and try to explain not necessarily the need of having one but how guns are a right and about the rights of self defense.

I’m seeing a very slow shift on the left when it comes to guns, very slow, but it has picked up in the last 4-5 years. I’ve seen many people on the left talk about buying guns and taking lessons, go to shooting ranges and all that. Unfortunately I sense this uptick is mostly tied up to a perceive threat of political violence by extreme right wings followers, which makes it kind of sad.

The left is buying guns because of being what? scared the extreme right is gonna resort to political violence? That is not how the extreme right does political violence. We are on the eve of the day that shows how the extreme right does political violence. Well unless you really believe January 6th was a strategically planned event. 95% of them were just yutzes caught up in the moment.

But more so it's just highly possible more and more people feel less safe in public. Crime Rates here are up substantially, violent crime is way way up, we had an officer stabbed and assaulted in our quiet neighborhood not too long ago. My liberal daughter was likely saved when a drugged crazed ex-con broke into her apartment while she was there alone, He already had her purse and iPhone, and he was coming into her bedroom where she was sleeping, Thankfully she heard him as he was trying to open her bedroom door. She told him she was armed and she was about to shoot through the door, he rattled the door again and she cocked her revolver and repeated she was about to shoot. She called the police immediately when she heard him inside, Police did show up 23 minutes later and they finally caught the guy, he still had her iPhone. Most major cities are full of liberals its where all the political violence happens as well as the real violence.

www.cnn.com...

Major American cities saw a 33% increase in homicides last year as a pandemic swept across the country, millions of people joined protests against racial injustice and police brutality, and the economy collapsed under the weight of the pandemic — a crime surge that has continued into the first quarter of this year.

Sixty-three of the 66 largest police jurisdictions saw increases in at least one category of violent crimes in 2020, which include homicide, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault, according to a report produced by the Major Cities Chiefs Association. Baltimore City, Baltimore County and Raleigh, North Carolina, did not report increases in any of the violent crime categories.

edit on 22-11-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Like I said on my previous post, political violence is very rare and usually a lone wolf type thing. Leftist that I see buying weapons due to fear of political violence I put in two groups:
1. Will buy the weapons, place it somewhere where they will probably forget they bought it rediscover it 5 years later and will get rid of it.
2. People that will recognize the obvious blessing of the 2nd amendment and embrace it.

I’ll think many of them will fall to #1 lol

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   
As usual, The general liar MSM has 90% of specific populations all bulls#ted up 😧

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Do any of those stations report actual news? I know some local stations will report on local news, but as far as the big national news networks it's pretty much 100% opinion packaged as news. Opinions have their place, it's just not on anywhere that can be labeled as news. Unfortunately most aren't smart enough to differentiate between opinion and news, so you have to keep them separated as much as possible. For example if CNN wants to do opinions, that's fine, they are no longer a news agency and have press credentials revoked, same applies to Fox "News". If you want to have opinion programing on your station, you can no longer air actual news.

People are still going to flock to the opinion stations because quite frankly the actual news is boring and everyone loves a good confirmation bias.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Al Sharpton said after the not guilty, how terrible it was that an automatic rifle crossed state lines and killed those protesters who were upset over Jacob Blakes "unjust killing" This race hustler didn't even know Blake was not dead, not automatic rifle either and no rifle crossed state lines

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Al Sharpton said after the not guilty, how terrible it was that an automatic rifle crossed state lines and killed those protesters who were upset over Jacob Blakes "unjust killing" This race hustler didn't even know Blake was not dead, not automatic rifle either and no rifle crossed state lines

these are the same lies others are spewing. They are rooted in a place, likely MSNBC. I'm not sure who started the lies, but it's clear who is still selling them.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

Fox News is America Reports and America Newsroom and good and CNN from 9am to 3pm PT for me. I think they still do a good job reporting the news but when they break to analyst if they don’t have a balance approach I get bored very easily.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Sometimes it is impossible to balance.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   

a reply to: putnam6

Like I said on my previous post, political violence is very rare and usually a lone wolf type thing. Leftist that I see buying weapons due to fear of political violence I put in two groups:
1. Will buy the weapons, place it somewhere where they will probably forget they bought it rediscover it 5 years later and will get rid of it.
2. People that will recognize the obvious blessing of the 2nd amendment and embrace it.

I’ll think many of them will fall to #1 lol

Sounds like you want to include the right to gun ownership in the DNC party platform?

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I'm going to make a reasonably broad assumption based on what I've seen here, you're mentioning that they have news programs that run during the daytime hours. I would imagine most who are inclined to watch a news report would be working during those timeframes. Sounds like that for the most part they're being exposed to the opinion side of things and nothing else.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   

If the leave it in the box unopened, in five years it could be a good investment. I bought a 9mm Browning HI Power from my Division officer in 1984 (didn't like the POS .38 S&W the Navy issued) for $40. I've been offered $400 to $500 for it as is.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join