It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upset about Rittenhouse trial, or just uninformed?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Again, you are citing an opinion piece, my cat can write an opinion piece, an opinion piece is not news. Are you against people having opinions and get them publish? Because that’s kind of what we do here on this site…lol

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch
a reply to: MiddleInsite

As far as the fact of the case, I said in another thread that I watch CNN and MSNBC and from the beginning it was clear that this was a strong self defense case and no black people died in this incident.

Really???? I think you're full of it, trying to defend the mercilessly left media. I can't speak for the 'black people' portion of your comment, but I challenge you to go find one article on CNN or MSNBC which says Rittenhouse had a..."strong self defense case". Just one. You'll find 10,000 articles talking about 'political division', 'polarization', and the like. Here is the intro paragraph from one of today's articles...

Three days after his acquittal in a polarizing case in Wisconsin, Kyle Rittenhouse is now a teenaged avatar for a nation divided over the nature of justice, the societal role of guns and violence in political discourse.

Link

So your 'strong self-defense case' is really being characterized as an..."avatar for a nation divided"

You guys regurgitating MSM this and MSM that without actually knowing what some of those station were reporting is equally ignorant as well.

Well, I won't speak for others, but I sure know what they are saying! They're saying things like this (from the same article)...

The sight of Rittenhouse, 18, walking free on Friday after shooting dead two men and wounding another last year in unrest sparked by the police shooting of Jacob Blake, a Black man, also opened a fresh debate over state laws on self-defense and the concept of vigilantism.

and this gem of journalism (trying to connect the SUV incident without actually saying it)

The debate on Sunday talk shows and elsewhere about Rittenhouse came hours before an SUV plowed into a holiday parade in Waukesha, Wisconsin, striking more than 20 people. Officials said multiple people were killed but gave no exact figures as relatives of those lost are notified. Police gave no details on the motives of the attack but said they had a person of interest in custody. ...

Same Link

If it wasn't related, then why even bring it up??? Because they WANT it to be related!

The MSM WANTs division, they WANT violence, they WANT hate...they're INCITING it!!

I've seen you post on no less than 3 similar about how you watch all the media, and how they're not portraying anything other than the facts, despite members here saying otherwise. I think you're not being accurate, or honest with those statements. That, or you're looking at things through a pair of lenses which distort reality.

Now go find me that article from CNN or MSNBC which says Rittenhouse had a..."Strong self-defense case". I'm very interested in seeing that article! I don't think you're going to find it, but I'll be interested in reading it if you do!

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
I am pissed because no one else is....

If you are referring to the MSM not doing their job, you're wrong. They are doing their job. You are just mistaken as to what their job is.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

a reply to: Bunch

What is driving the opinions of the leaders of the democratic party? Opinions or news?

Hey let’s keep your own thread on topic. I want you to show me your proof. Let’s go!!

www.cnbc.com...

Biden says he’s angry and concerned over Rittenhouse acquittal for Kenosha killings, but ‘we have to abide by it’

White House press secretary Jen Psaki earlier in the week implied that Rittenhouse was a vigilante.

these are the leaders of the United States. Again, you and I know the facts, and the conclusion the jury came to was inevitable based on those very facts. So again I ask, how does the leadership of the US get it so wrong? Or will I get to see those amazing mental gymnastics while you try to cover for them yet again?

I don’t need to cover for anything because let me let you in on a secret…everyone is entitled to their opinion in this country.

For some Rittenhouse is a hero,,,
For some Rittenhouse is a murderer…

That’s their opinion they are entitled to it. Nothing you can do about that.

link   

So what verdicts don't we agree with. Please enlighten us.

link   

Again, you are citing an opinion piece, my cat can write an opinion piece, an opinion piece is not news. Are you against people having opinions and get them publish? Because that’s kind of what we do here on this site…lol

Well then submit your cat's article to MSNBC, and they will gladly post it as long as it fits with their agenda.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 07:38 AM
link   

What is driving the opinions of the leaders of the democratic party? Opinions or news?

Hey let’s keep your own thread on topic. I want you to show me your proof. Let’s go!!

www.cnbc.com...

Biden says he’s angry and concerned over Rittenhouse acquittal for Kenosha killings, but ‘we have to abide by it’

White House press secretary Jen Psaki earlier in the week implied that Rittenhouse was a vigilante.

these are the leaders of the United States. Again, you and I know the facts, and the conclusion the jury came to was inevitable based on those very facts. So again I ask, how does the leadership of the US get it so wrong? Or will I get to see those amazing mental gymnastics while you try to cover for them yet again?

I don’t need to cover for anything because let me let you in on a secret…everyone is entitled to their opinion in this country.

I agree with that, but as I said, those who have that opinion, have no idea of the facts. The facts, the video, the reality shows exactly what actually happened. You can believe the sky doesn't look blue. That doesn't make it right.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 07:38 AM
link   
How about you get off the computer and put your cat on?

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Read what I said. I don’t need news to feed me an opinion or conclusion…that’s sheepish!!

What I said was given the reported facts I came to my own conclusion.

So you guys come here and complain about MSM this and that and I’m here telling you I watch some of these outlets you guys deride so much and from the very beginning I could tell it was pretty much a self defense case.

Maybe someone else watches the same information and come to a different conclusion… stuff like that happens everywhere.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Not going to happen. Cat's too smart. They will never publish his article. Cat won't swallow the MSM propaganda.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Read what I said. I don’t need news to feed me an opinion or conclusion…that’s sheepish!!

So you guys come here and complain about MSM this and that and I’m here telling you I watch some of these outlets you guys deride so much and from the very beginning I could tell it was pretty much a self defense case.

Maybe someone else watches the same information and come to a different conclusion… stuff like that happens everywhere.

you don't seem to grasp the point here. It's not just that the MSM lies, it's that people BELIEVE those lies and now believe that things happened that never took place. Where did they get those ideas? maybe just from opinion bits, as you said, but regardless, they got those ideas somehow.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 07:46 AM
link   

www.cnbc.com...

I agree with that, but as I said, those who have that opinion, have no idea of the facts. The facts, the video, the reality shows exactly what actually happened. You can believe the sky doesn't look blue. That doesn't make it right.

Their are people that have no idea of the facts and support the verdict!

I’ve read a whooooole lot of people posting here something to the effect that he was innocent because he was defending a town and stores from looting. That’s not why he is a free man… he is a free man because he was defending himself…
Had he gone looking for people to shoot that night he will be in jail right now.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 07:47 AM
link   
A minute ago you railed against a member for not providing 'proof' to you. Now you're hiding behind "Well that's just like, my opinion man"....

After railing against opinion pieces prior to saying that, I can assure you that the irony is just.... Yummy delicious.

If you don't have double standards, as an obvious lefty, you'd have none.

He acted like a man because no one else would. Rosenbaum was an absolute trash human being, utterly contemptible. So were the other reprobates that were burning and looting, putting Kyle in the position they did. You're so far off the reservation matey.

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

But opinion pieces aren’t news!!!

Is like me saying that Hannity and Tucker Carlson speak for all conservatives. They might speak for those who are draws to their ideas and opinions. They aren’t journalists though as Fox News has stated multiple times in courts.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   

www.cnbc.com...

Their are people that have no idea of the facts and support the verdict!

I’ve read a whooooole lot of people posting here something to the effect that he was innocent because he was defending a town and stores from looting. That’s not why he is a free man… he is a free man because he was defending himself…
Had he gone looking for people to shoot that night he will be in jail right now.

are you trying to play the "they do it too" card here? weaksauce

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Is like me saying that Hannity and Tucker Carlson speak for all conservatives. They might speak for those who are draws to their ideas and opinions. They aren’t journalists though as Fox News has stated multiple times in courts.

Yes, I understand. But when the leaders of the United States are basing their opinions on lies and not on facts, it's a problem. Where did they get those lies from?

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

So let me get this straight?

You watch all kinds of TV and online news and aren’t able to formulate you own opinion on the facts presented?

Is that really what you are saying?

LOL!!

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   
There is a difference between misinformed and or ignorant and a paid agitator. There is nobody that gets paid to cover this crap that didn’t know what really happened. They intentionally spread misinformation in an attempt to cause conflict among the people. At this time in history when the elites are trying to consolidate power they can not afford for the peasants to be united.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 08:00 AM
link   

You stated, and I quote..."I watch CNN and MSNBC and from the beginning it was clear that this was a strong self defense case..." That is a direct quote from yourself.

I see a lot of words in your reply, but one thing I don't see is a link from CNN, or MSNBC, stating Rittenhouse had a..."strong self-defense case"...as you allege was so clear from these two sources. Again, I challenge you to produce such a link. Personally, I think both CNN and MSNBC would show their collective asses on TV before they ever made such a statement, but I'll wait to see if you can produce a link.

What I do see from these two sources is an endless amount of BS talking about all the people who disagree with the verdict, as they carefully wordsmith and weasel their way around avoiding saying it's THEIR opinion! I see a whole lot of BS about "division", and "polarization", and then a see 'cute' little things like attaching the tragedy with the SUV trying to make it seem like it is somehow related by referencing it.

What I do see...is a bunch of reprehensible GARBAGE from two organizations who should be labeled as "Domestic Terror" organizations for their outright lies and manipulation of the population!
edit on 11/22/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Yes, I understand. But when the leaders of the United States are basing their opinions on lies and not on facts, it's a problem. Where did they get those lies from?

This is kind of like an egg/chicken situation.

Politicians lie all the time and manipulate and create news cycles. By you saying that MSM feeds lies to our leaders you are absolving them to a degree of their own responsibility of speaking the truth. That been said I refer to my previous post in regards to people presented the same set of info and drawing different conclusions/opinions. It happens all the time in politics and outside politics.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join