It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge: Vegas man’s vote fraud claim ‘cheap political stunt’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   
"A Las Vegas man’s admission that he voted twice in November 2020 in a case that state Republicans seized on to claim voter irregularities amounted to “a cheap political stunt” that backfired, a state court judge said Tuesday."

apnews.com...

In summary the original claim was the fact that because a vote had been cast under his wifes name who had passed away previously this was indicative of rampant voting fraud . Depending on which source you read this then was picked up by the GOP who ran with it as an example of proof of their claims. When the truth came out in court however the whole claim was a lie and the husband had not only started the initial claim but was in fact responsible for the vote being placed under her name.

I am not claiming that this proves their hasn't been fraud in the past, wasn't fraud in this election or won't be fraud in future elections because we simply do not have enough information to make an informed decision . The Legal system deemed the proof for this claim to be sufficient enough to indicate that it was false so that is why I am posting it.

Additional sources for info on this

1. thenevadaindependent.com...

2. lasvegassun.com...

3. www.latimes.com...

When researching things recently I have tried to not use CNN or The Gateway Pundit as primary sources since in using either a % of users here will automatically dismiss what is being said as false because it doesn't match their political ideology or because both of those sites have a tendency to color what they post . This story however is being covered by hundreds of sources so I don't need to look if either CNN or TGP are reporting it or what their respective spins are on it if they are.
edit on 21-11-2021 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

LOL... second thread on this in 3 days.

posted on Nov, 21 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   

MOds can close.
I was too busy making sure my post was accurate and fact driven so I should have searched if it was posted previously .

posted on Nov, 21 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

This kind of story is very inconvenient to your narrative isn't it.

posted on Nov, 21 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

its not unkown for people to post the same thing (copy and paste even) within multiple threads....is it? pot kettle

this thread seems to be individual enough

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Very interesting... so because one -- just one -- proven fraudulent vote was uncovered and resolved, that means that ALL similar claims MUST be fraudulent? That's what we're supposed to believe here???

Because there were a whole lot more claims than just this. For example:

In the affidavit obtained by Fox News, the worker also claims they “personally witnessed two people handing multiple unopened mail-in ballot envelopes to two other people who then opened and filled out the ballots against" the side of a "Biden/Harris van.” In another case, the worker claims that a group of people “formed a human wall” to block visibility as they were “marking ballots and placing those ballots in pink and white return envelopes.”

The worker further alleged that they “regularly saw people walking in with multiple ballots.” The Trump campaign submitted the sworn statement to the Department of Justice for review, Fox News is told.

Nevada election worker alleges voting irregularities, Trump campaign submits affidavit to DOJ

Nor does it address any of these issues:

The following evidence of election fraud in Nevada was presented to the US Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs, Full Committee Hearing, examining irregularities in the 2020 Election, December 16, 2020. Chaired by Senator Ron Johnson. Jesse Binnall presented testimony that:

Over 42,000 people voted more than once. Experts reviewed list of actual voters, comparing it to other voters with the same name address and date of birth. Also caught people using different variations of their first name. 1

1,500 dead people were detected as having voted 1

19,000 voted in Nevada even though they didn’t live in Nevada. This was discovered by data matching with US Postal Service’s national change of address database, amongst other sources (taking care to exclude military voters and students). 1

8,000 voted from non-existent addresses 1

15,000 votes came from commercial or vacant addresses (based on US Postal Service’s data on commercial addresses or addresses vacant for more than 90 days) 1

4,000 non-citzens voted, as determined by comparing official DMV (driver’s licence) records of non-citizens 1

The legal team were denied further access to perform forensic audits

“We were denied access to almost anything meaningful that would allow us to verify [results, including] the paper backups for the electronic machines–we were denied any access to those, except from one machine in the entire state of Nevada. We brought forensic experts all the way to Nevada–people that could have discovered this information, people that could have told us what happened with these machines and we weren’t allowed near them we weren’t allowed any forensic audit–nothing that could have given us any transparency. That’s what we were denied, in Nevada.”

Election Fraud in Nevada

I doubt anyone has any problem believing that this guy -- and lots of guys -- have voted for their recently deceased wife... and no doubt plenty of women have voted for their dead husbands. Probably some kids voting for their parents... and vice versa too.

But it certainly doesn't account for ALL the irregularities and illegalities in Nevada.
edit on 22-11-2021 by Boadicea because: changed "obviously" to "proven"

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 06:27 AM
link   
So a Las Vegas man admitted that he voted twice in the November 2020 election and this administration of voter fraud is ment to convince me that their was no voter fraud in the 2020 elections?
edit on 22-11-2021 by dandandat2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Where is it said in the OP I made that this explains any or all reports of fraud?

If that is a jump that the last two posters want to make then more power to you since I clearly stated this ,"I am not claiming that this proves their hasn't been fraud in the past, wasn't fraud in this election or won't be fraud in future elections ...."

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Gee... it would have been much appreciated if you had actually replied to my comment directly, thus giving me the opportunity to address it directly, rather than me lucking upon it when I refreshed the page before closing it out.

However, since I'm here, I shall do so.

Neither of us "last two posters" accused you of anything. Rather, we were responding to the article itself, which does indeed imply and suggest that ALL claimed irregularities were part of this so-called "stunt." I won't presume to speak for the other poster, but I do still actually read links. I know it's old fashioned and not cool these days to actually read before posting (or having an "opinion"), but that's how I roll.

From your first link:

LAS VEGAS (AP) — A Las Vegas man’s admission that he voted twice in November 2020 in a case that state Republicans seized on to claim voter irregularities amounted to “a cheap political stunt” that backfired, a state court judge said Tuesday.

“This seems to me to be a cheap political stunt that kind of backfired,” Kierny said, “and shows that our voting system actually works because you were ultimately caught.”

The first excerpt especially suggests this example is the only example "Republicans seized on to claim over irregularities."

If that was NOT the intention, then the article (and the judge) would have been very clear that this is just ONE of NUMEROUS examples of voter irregularities and illegalities that Republicans have cited.

It also seems to me that if the article had intended to be informative, instead of inflammatory, then the article would have given us more information about how the Republicans came to find out about this particular case, how it came to be known that it was the husband who had voted for his deceased wife, how many other examples have been found of invalid/illegal ballots cast, how they were found and determined to be questionable, and how many of those have likewise been investigated and resolved.

top topics

join