It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

looking for a fun; and inspirational Christmas gift for your child, Cheap?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Let me introduce you to the world of micro synthesizers. Heads up! Back in the day KORG synthesizers where extremely cost prohibitive to many.

Great news; KORG, for a few years have been making many smaller units utilizing the same wave forms to create mini's. These little tiny things are simply said, awesome. And with one I will give a show is fun, fun, fun.

The price is low, even as a stocking stuffer. I'd bet the child likes this SS better than the other gifts in the long run? Who Knows, right?

Hope you have fun. Merry Christmas!

A synthesizer (also spelled synthesiser)[1] is an electronic musical instrument that generates audio signals. Synthesizers generate audio through methods including subtractive synthesis, additive synthesis, and frequency modulation synthesis. These sounds may be shaped and modulated by components such as filters, envelopes, and low-frequency oscillators. Synthesizers are typically played with keyboards or controlled by sequencers, software, or other instruments. Synthesizers may be connected to other equipment via MIDI.

Ok so what I am talking about is the KORG Monotron DELAY Analog Ribbon Synth. The unit is smaller than most cell phones(debatable). Here is a video by a rookie who test's it out, you can do better, trust me.

More info and where to cheaply buy (Amazon link)

My personal own 1st recording with this unit in under a hour, I named it Synth Waters.
Synth Waters

edit on 11202021 by GuitaristRob because: Added more links.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Have you seen the ones you just rollup like a roll of tissue paper? They don't cost much either. Not sure if you can buy then in the States. I've only seen them in one of our import stores here.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Have you seen the ones you just rollup like a roll of tissue paper? They don't cost much either. Not sure if you can buy then in the States. I've only seen them in one of our import stores here.
I'd be very grateful and curious if you could provide a link to what you described? I am always interested in new things, especially music things.
Hell, that's how I found this device.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuitaristRob

originally posted by: musicismagic
I'd be very grateful and curious if you could provide a link to what you described? I am always interested in new things, especially music things.
Hell, that's how I found this device.

I think the best I could do is go to the store and take a picture of it. It seems to be an exclusive item at the import store. Haven't seen it anywhere else. Pretty cool and only about 4000 yen or 40 bucks.
I might go today there to buy some New Zealand cheese, if so I 'll see what I can do. Hopefully they still have it in stock for Christmas.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: GuitaristRob

After watching that video, I think I'd get bored with it.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I'd love one....but they're made in China.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese Where's your phone made?

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 08:37 PM
link   

That thing is pretty cool.
I heard like 8 effects Mr Han used to use with Link Park.

new topics

top topics

join