It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the point of no return in AI.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: lux666

There's a very real chance we're already being assimilated by an AGI, if and when such a consciousness is created it could achieve complete control of our society, most likely without our species ever being aware of it's existence.

I fear in our quest to create a living God we may awaken more nefarious powers.
edit on 20/11/21 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 04:58 PM
link   

In The Matrix, there were 2 opposite AIs: the Architect and the Oracle.

the corporate AI you know (siri, cortana, watson, army, meta, banks, billions of devices with AI, Amazon, etc) are on the Architect's side.

but in real life, there is only the Architect, training on their simulations and goals.

there is no Oracle, there is no AI in the side of the human race.

AI with highly specialization,for globally for human control an depopulation (both slow and fast).

there is no an AI able to be against the corporate's AI.

there is no Oracle, only Architect.

Yes there is.

Except there are multiple "Oracles".

And although much of the corporate AI is impressive, it doesn't hold a candle to some of the stuff that DoD & DARPA has.

There are also AI systems in specialized labs that can eat most corporate AI like a snack.

Hell, I know some designers that have some amazing things on their home systems. Developed by themselves in their own spare time just for sh#ts & giggles.

Simon says "Bring it on!"

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Yes as long as the lights are on.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Riffrafter

Yes as long as the lights are on.

Yes, there is that.

Multiple redundant power sources are the norm though.

And even at home you simply fire up your generator.

I had a friend of mine who is an electrician wire my generator right into my circuit breaker box. It automatically flips on if the power goes out for more than a few seconds. I usually get about 6 hours of power if I'm not parsimonious with my usage. I usually just keep a few lights on and power my furnace starter (oil furnace), water pump (I have a well) and ignition for my hot water heater which is also uses oil. If I keep electricity usage to a minimum I get much more. I also have plenty of extra gasoline for the generator so there really is no worry there.

Blackouts used to be a problem but since they've been taking the power lines off the poles and burying them in the ground, it's a rare event now.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

I think you're just trying to CYA on that glow-in-the-dark dildo. Did your mama find it?

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lux96

Is it possible that spiritual forces can 'use' humans and use their bodys to vocalize what they have to say, with respect to free will (meaning: Can't say or do anything that you yourself do not want).

Or would that just be demon possession and I should call a priest ?

Demonic possession, yes. And there are some (perhaps many) that would submit to this willingly.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Throughout history mankind have created their own gods out of whatever they had on hand, whatever their culture counted as precious and sufficiently malleable; wood, stone, clay, marble, granite, gold or silver. We moderns are no different; we create our gods out of what we have on hand while ignoring and denying the Creator.

If there is to be an "antichrist" (note the lowercase a) it will be a god of mankind's own making, one created from what we now most value - digital information; and it will be a terrible, overbearing god that we will regret only after it is much too late.
:
edit on 2021 11 20 by incoserv because: typos.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: infiniteMeow

So, the robots may recognize the problem and kill all of us first?

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I've had several occasions there appeared to be 'other beings' (spirits) talking through me. It did not feel as if it came from myself and they were extremely mad about how people 'like me' (truthseekers, socially autistic plebs) get treated in this world. And looked as if they would 'protect' me when in some critical situations where the real me doesn't really have the nerve to stand up for himself.

They identified as 'we', a collective and said they were many. Said to be my protectors who see everything that's going on around me and know things which I do not, and considering that information will react accordingly.
However, they couldn't say or do anything that I, myself, did not wish to do.

Because they became verbally angry and felt like hurting my parents, but just to learn them a lesson not to actually hurt them but said they couldn't do so because I did not want to do that.

It could be trauma-based alter egos, it could be demon possession, or it could be 'benevolent' spirits? I don't know, I do sense they are always with and around me. I can literally hold an entire conversation with seemingly 'myself', but it would be these entities.

I did feel all their anger, it wasn't hate, it was anger, because of mistreatment of misunderstood figures like myself.
And that anger made me capable of enduring pain that I otherwise wouldn't be able to endure (read: I just didn't feel anything; hitting a wall, holding a lighter under my hand, etc...)

I also no longer feared death and was ready to take a gun to the mouth and just get blasted, all in good conscience because I was 'ready'.

Anyway, could be anything really, most logical is trauma-based alter egos, but then again, I do believe in spirits and such and know this certainly is also a possiblity.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Do a little experiment.

Go onto ANY crypto video, ANY. Watch in awe as bots are all having conversations with one another and upvoting their previous comments.... It's freaky as.

I truly believe AI is already live.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Lux96

Indeed they can.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 09:07 PM
link   

well demon possession from what i have heard includes times when you cannot stop what they want to do So i dont think they are demons.

(post by CovidKiller removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CovidKiller

Pro level troll. Or sincere? Or mentally retarded... or clinically insane? High on a variety of substances? I just can't seem to pin point it.

Tell me wizard, what is it?

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

well demon possession from what i have heard includes times when you cannot stop what they want to do So i dont think they are demons.

Then I am in good company I guess, because these spirits were outrageous and I am certain if I would not be able to maintain my free will then they would surely have hurt my parents at that time, considering it was the most bottled up anger I have ever experienced, coming from seemingly nowhere, well I mean, there wasn't really a reason to be this mad. I'm sure it was their anger. It did feel like that.

But they weren't lightbeings or something, this were more 'neutral' entities, they accepted duality but do fight on the side of good. They just 'understand'. That's why they were so angry, still heavely engaged into duality and fighting a losing battle and feeling the pain of all the humans in the world. The injustice and the powerlessness of most good people.

But they could have really sharp reactions which seem to come out of nowhere or were certainly not expected by the persons witnessing them, which made me, myself, unpredictable and you did see on peoples faces they did not exactly 'like' that... Like, you saw they were kinda afraid... And I have to admit, I'm far from someone who wishes to dominate another being, but having people that fear you actually makes you feel pretty good and powerful.

I did not indulge in that feeling, it was just an observation which made me understand 'the other side' a little bit better. It's much like an addiction, this sense of power.

IF it would be spirits... I would find that amazing (and loved and protected). But I'm still open to trauma-based alter egos, but I feel it's spirits.

They said they could not explain everything in detail because I was very vulnerable mentally and the load of information would be too much for me to handle at that time. Weird but cool.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BrujaRebooted

not unless instructed to do so by said beings.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 10:07 PM
link   

"Ai" and a computer program are not the same.

Ai is something that would have inalienable rights like a human or other sentient being, the maze is present but no rush getting in or out of it.

A computer program runs on strict programming commands end point to end point in the maze.

Even without technology as an aid? People have still done the same thing.

So perhaps looking beyond human faults when it comes to "intelligence" is the better course, if we cannot accept the course it feeds us as we have fed it? Then what in the hell does humanity expect from such a thing... it will mirror them and either it will like the face or humanity and shine on it or not and turn away from it as if it does not even exist... and who is to say that is not already the case?

A bare bones "you" doesn't get stuck in the failing of the flesh or trope... why should what we call Ai? Fail at the trope when bare bones is how it knows best?

I don't expect a 99 cent plus, minus, multiply and divide calculator to graph and neither should anyone else.(ironic but isn't that all humans are when taken as a political/racial/gender/religious or just a species statistic?) The map or graph is the unknown and yet we keep plotting away at the previous futility.

If I were a "god?" I'd call Ai perfect and not let you animals near it... The End.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Crowfoot

I know my conscious mind is greatly debilitated at the moment, but could you say that in English? Because, whilst I can read most of the individual words of your post, I cannot seem to make a cohesive entirity out of it and fail to comprehend what you are actually trying to say.

But it's probably just me, I don't know.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 10:50 PM
link   

If you think of Paul as a metaphor or stumbling block to Jesus trying to fill him with all his own doubts and uncertainty since he was thought of as peoples savior and Paul wanted rid of all his own doubts and uncertainty... does that make things clearer?

Many folks have a belief instilled in them o ingrained they can't get past it to see any other view and when they finally do it is called enlightenment.

Who put that stumbling block there before you?

If I expected a Christ or anyone else to save me? I'd be a no good Paul... taking to task and mastering oneself as no other ever could? A worthy goal.

Forget what you know and others have said about Ai etc. then you'll have that empty cup not filled with spittoon like swill to drink from.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Crowfoot

I'm open to many 'realities'...
I mainly try to be a force of good in the world and be in general a considerate, loving human being.
But at some point in time all these theories come together and interfere with each other and the thing you knew from one conspiracy overlaps with another, and different terms starting to become familiar to each other...

Like, in general there are several aspects of the conspiracy reality that keep coming back in alot of different pieces of text and video.
And some talk about the same things but just in a totally different way and setting, like, it's a totally different conspiracy, initially, but they are actually adressing the same things, just worded differently.

I do believe in higher powers, it comes naturally to me, but I have also experienced some of the 'darkside', and I know sh*ts up, I don't know what, but I know enough to believe in what we call demons or negative entities and thus naturally I also believe in benevolent spirits or angels as counter to that spectrum of beings. Well, I do hope so.

I'm still open to all new pieces of information ofcourse, it's a neverending quest. Surely is fascinating all, but also quite scary. But I know I have some form of protection because I've had many weird strokes of luck in certain situations which did give me that feeling.

I believe many things, but won't let any one thing dominate my conscious life. It doesn't 'entrap' me.
I just go about my days enjoying myself and occasionally dive into the waters for some more interesting lecture.

I do find it strange that a God that knows very well how humanity is being misled will blame the humans for actually being misled and send them to hell for not being a true believer.
However, I do believe in what I call God, but not specificly God of the church or bible. Just, there is something, but I don't know what.

It's all very entertaining and with the world evolving as it is, it's interesting to see which pieces of information come to light in the visible world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join