It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holes in "if it was a black man he'd be found guilty " Claim

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Many MSM, BLM activists, SJW and left leaning people have made the claim that if a black man shot someone and claimed self defence they would be found guilty if charged any kind of murder or other felony charges as Rittenhouse.

I say that is a lie, and will post some cases where the evidence says other wise.
Now the circumstances maybe different, being that so far it seems that most of the ones that I have heard about that took place during a riot have been scrubbed or not reported on. That seems a little funny to me because I know that I heard of shooting during all the riots.
That being the case, this is going to be an apples to orange instead of an apples to apples comparison. Due to page not found or lack there of. The charges will be similar and in most it will show that even when it turns out they were shooting at cops and someone died. Where in fact if they hadn’t shot at the cops, more than likely no one would have died.

My search was limited to cases with outcomes over the past year, some the incidents took place further back. I also found some that were still pending for one reason or another.

So here are the ones that I gonna go with for now,

This took place just days after the Floyds death,

Following a trial in July, a Hennepin County jury acquitted Jaleel K. Stallings, 29, of eight counts, including second-degree attempted murder, first-degree assault, second-degree assault and second-degree riot regarding the May 30, 2020, incident, five days after Floyd's death.

The footage then shows them encounter Stallings, who had a permit to carry a firearm in public, and did so because of the threat of white supremacists in the area, crouched behind his pickup in a parking lot near S. 14th Avenue. At 10:53 p.m. an officer fired a single marking round at Stallings, striking him in the chest. Stallings, who according to his attorney did not realize the unmarked van was full of police officers, returned fire three times as he ducked for cover.

Once in cover, Mr. Stallings learned that the occupants of the van were law enforcement officers, and Mr. Stallings immediately surrendered," Rice said in a statement. Nearby surveillance footage shows Stallings immediately go to the ground. Officer Justin Stetson and Sgt. Andrew Bittell punched and kicked Stallings, who did not resist, as he said, "Listen, listen, sir!" before he is pulled to a sitting position, bloodied and dazed.

Attorney for man cleared of returning fire in self-defense at Minneapolis police during riots releases evidence, body camera footage
So he returned fire due to what he thought was an attack on him. Surrendered once he knew they were cops.

Three things stick out to me here.
First, like Rittenhouse he thought he was being attacked and feared for his life.
Second, Once he realized that they were cops he surrendered. The correct thing to do. Not keep on shooting sayin I didn’t do nothing. But that’s not important part. The importance part is he surrendered.
Rittenhouse tried to surrendered, it’s not his fault the cops didn’t stop and see why.
Third, Not so much about the guy but the cops. They didn’t light him up and kill him when he started shooting.
Now they did give him a beat down and some of their comments can be seen as ( don’t know the right word to use so pick your own) and just should have shut up and arrested him.
But point is he wasn’t killed by the cops while shooting at them, and he was found not guilty claiming self defence because he was in fear for his life.
Second case,

VERO BEACH – A Gifford man who claimed he was defending himself and his girlfriend when he fired shots at deputies during an early-morning raid in 2017 was acquitted Friday of charges that carried a life prison term.
In a separate proceeding Friday, the same jury convicted Coffee IV of one count of possession of a firearm by a felon.
At his sentencing Jan. 13, he faces a maximum prison term of 30 years.
“The state will be seeking that maximum 30 years upon him,” Assistant State Attorney Chris Taylor said after court.

Two statements from the defendant,

Coffee on Wednesday testified on his own behalf as he did in March, during a stand your ground hearing seeking immunity from prosecution. Then, he told Circuit Judge Dan Vaughn he and Woods had been asleep when deputies at the back of the house broke out the window to his bedroom using a pole that then detonated a flashbang device.
During his March hearing, Coffee IV said he thought he was being robbed when he saw what appeared to be a rifle sticking through the open window pointed at him. He insisted he didn’t know the raid was underway when he fired a .45-caliber pistol out his bedroom window, shooting it two or three times. Deputies in turn shot more than a dozen rounds toward the bedroom window, court records show. After the gunfire, investigators searched the house. Woods was discovered deceased on a bed in Coffee IV’s bedroom.

Jury acquits Gifford man who claimed self-defense after girlfriend killed by sheriff's SWAT team in 2017 raid
Now this was a police raid, he said two things about why he started shooting, first it was a flash bang, which it may have been possible for a armed burglar/robber to get from the shady side of the street. But honestly how many times have you ever heard of someone being robbed using a flash bang unless it was in some movie. Then he testified he that saw a rifle in his window.
But we’ll just let that slide, seeing how common since sometimes flies out the window when your scared of being hurt, killed or going to jail.
This one is fairly self explanatory,

SOUTH BEND, Ind. (WNDU) - A man charged with murdering another man after a fight at a South Bend home is found not guilty. The jury today found 20-year-old Ernest Clark Junior not guilty by reason of self-defense. Back on March 1 of this year, Elijah Torres and Clark got into an argument that later turned into a fight at a home in the 1500 block of Liston Street. Clark told authorities that Torres was threatening him with a large kitchen knife. Clark says he fired a shot in the home to keep Torres away, but Torres still charged at him. Clark ended up shooting Torres. Torres was taken to a hospital, where he later died. When looking through the home, investigators found the kitchen knife on a bed, but no proof of a warning shot inside the house.

Man charged in murder found not guilty by reason of self-defense
Dead man literately brought a knife to a gunfight and lost.
Then everyone should remember the Breonna Taylor case, where her boyfriend was declared immune due to the Kentucky’s Stand Your Ground Law even though his shots started the whole shoot out. It should be noted that that he claims he didn’t hear them announce themselves ,Cops say they did. At least a dozens witness were interviewed by the New Times, all but one said they didn’t hear anything. The one who did was in the stairwell above them. Two months later he back tracked and said they took his statement out of context and that he said they half ass identified themselves.
continued,

edit on 20-11-2021 by TomCollin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   
So it fairly obvious that a black man claiming self defence does not always result in a conviction when charged with murder or other related felony charges.

To say other wise is just an outright lie, disingenuous at best

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The simple and sad reality is that some folks don't want justice, they want revenge, and like many social justice warriors on the internet their deficiency in common sense is directly proportionate to their inability to shut up and listen to actual facts.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

That or some just like to kepp sh@@ stirred up.

edit on 20-11-2021 by TomCollin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   
If come maybe, woulda coulda shoulda.
They can dream up anything they want to keep their racism and violent tendencies alive, I say tough sh!t.
They should shut their stupid mouths and get over it.
I am tired of their cries of racism at every turn.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   
three white men attack a white man who shoots his attackers

and all of a sudden it is about blacks

but no, liberals aren't manipulating blacks

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TomCollin
The left can cry all they want. What would happen "IF" was a minority makes no difference to this case.
First off the case and rulings are based off of facts. It was proven by the defense that all 3 attacks were in self defense.
Second, this case had no minorities on either side. So how does the opinion and hypothetical statement bare any weight on the outcome.

Kyle was judged by his peers and the verdict declared was not guilty. If anyone is guilty it would be the mayor and police for not enforcing the laws and quashing the riots before people felt they needed to protect their family's business.

When a case comes up and a minority shoots someone in defense, they can point to this case to show precedence.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I've said it once, I'll say it again. A boy around Kyle's age, only black, took a gun to school and shot his classmates. He claimed to be bullied and was not only dropped from msm but actually had excuses made for him by them. Oh and he's currently out on bail as far as I know. So I don't even want to hear that bs. Had that been a white kid, there would be a whole new push for gun laws and anti white rhetoric.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: GeoBricks

Good points all, It never was about Black or White, Vigilantism or any other BS they want to spew out their pie holes.
It was about Rittenhouse's or anyone elses right to defend themselves.

They tried the same thing with the ass known as Zimmerman. Didn't work then, shouldn't work now.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Oppositeoftruth

Is that the one they let out the next day?

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   
If it was a black guy who shot white people in self defense in the same situation, I would say that the guy should also have been found not guilty. If the black guy had been found guilty with an exact situation, then they should be complaining. You do not put a person in jail for defending himself no matter what color they are.

The evidence and law should determine someone's guilt, innocent till proven guilty applies. If a white biker would have shot those people, one that had a previous record, he would have been convicted because of his past actions...really that is not fair either, because if the situation was identical, that biker should have been found innocent the way it happened.

This kid had a lack of judgement, he put himself into a situation that could and did turn out bad. But kids are kids, I sure hope he learned his lesson not to put himself into a situation like this again and I hope this whole event dissuades other kids from going into this kind of situation and ruining their life. No matter what color anyone was there, this was a bad thing to happen to everyone involved. Those guys who scared this kid were not victims, they brought it on to themselves. We need to teach our citizens not to spew hate and fear on others no matter what color they are.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppositeoftruth
I've said it once, I'll say it again. A boy around Kyle's age, only black, took a gun to school and shot his classmates. He claimed to be bullied and was not only dropped from msm but actually had excuses made for him by them. Oh and he's currently out on bail as far as I know. So I don't even want to hear that bs. Had that been a white kid, there would be a whole new push for gun laws and anti white rhetoric.

source

On Monday, his lawyers and family said they had “extensive” evidence to back up their claims that he had been bullied. The attorneys, though, declined to share any of that evidence, which they said they expect to present at trial.

Simpkins’ family has said he was “threatened, beaten and harassed” since the beginning of the school year, and his lawyers said he was bullied through social media, text messages, emails and video.

Four people were injured in the shooting, including a critically wounded 15-year-old who was released from a hospital last week. His family could not be reached for comment Monday but has said he “does not have a bone in his body to bully anyone” and has a “heart of gold.”

Police hinted that he was involved in nefarious activities, probably gang bangin' or dope slingin', but, of course, the family knows better. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

The evidence and law should determine someone's guilt, innocent till proven guilty applies. If a white biker would have shot those people, one that had a previous record, he would have been convicted because of his past actions...really that is not fair either, because if the situation was identical, that biker should have been found innocent the way it happened.

If an excon, he would have been found not guilty on the charges of murder but found guilty on possession of a firearm...look up Andrew Coffee the 4th. Black excon staying in a known drug house was fired on by police. He didnt know they were police and fired back. Found innocent of the murder charges but got time for excon being in possession of a firearm.

So that blows the lefts theory out of the water. They will need to move the goalposts and make up some other false hypothetical claims.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

They all put their selves in a bad spot. At least one with bad intent, I'm still under the impression / thinking that he might have been manipulated into attacking Rittenhouse and had 2 accomplishes. One Is in prison now the other probably will be in a couple of months.

The other two,
The Gross fella I haven't a clue other than the lies he told on the stand was thinking. He had a video where he was running with Rittenhouse, then claims he ran back towards where pedo aronist was and on the way others told him what he did. Now it seems to me that if he turned around and went the in other direction Ritenhouse was going, unless it was just a few feet or yards which i didn't hear if he said. Could have gotten back to Rittenhouse as fast as he did afterhe shot skateboard rioter unless he''s the Flash. Skateboard Rioter hadn't hit the ground hardly before Gross fella was there.

Skateboard rioter must not have seen the outcome in if I recall correctly AZ where the last protestor attacked a man with a gun who had just shot someone, didn't end to well for him either.

One thing for sure none of them were heros like binger was saying.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   
If Rittenhouse was black BLM would be protesting the fact that he was even charged.

They would riot and loot because he was being chased by 2 white pedos and it was clear self defense

They would be screaming the only reason he was charged is because he was black and killed 2 white guys

You know that is a fact

Effing hypocrites
edit on 20-11-2021 by sciencelol because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The whole MSM "Black" comparisons and stereotypes are insulting to Blacks.

Especially the Voter I.D. claims that "THEY" can't get I.D. as easy as anybody else 🤣

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeoBricks

originally posted by: rickymouse

If an excon, he would have been found not guilty on the charges of murder but found guilty on possession of a firearm...look up Andrew Coffee the 4th. Black excon staying in a known drug house was fired on by police. He didnt know they were police and fired back. Found innocent of the murder charges but got time for excon being in possession of a firearm.

So that blows the lefts theory out of the water. They will need to move the goalposts and make up some other false hypothetical claims.

Came to the comments to see if the Coffee verdict had been brought up. Glad to see it was.

Here's a writeup for those interested:
meaww.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TomCollin

Yea tell Coffee that. Shot his girl in crossfire of shooting at deputies that had a warrant.....not guilty.

Hs shooter we were told was bullied...now we find he was selling bunk drugs and confronted. Was released same day. Insanity

(post by CovidKiller removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

join