It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the real garbage that happened at carmines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Claims of racism, vax and anti-vax rhetoric, more violence, protest mobs, bad press (now simply just called press), of course lawyers with twitter followings, political maneuvering, state bashing, and free paid time off.

Everyone involved is terrible, like always. Opportunism at its finest involving everyone that touched this dog turd of a situation.

Everyone is special right? Yes, special like touched in the head……

everyone is full of it and always opportunistic

…..as of September 13, the restaurant’s hosts had been turned into compliance officers, taking vaccination cards at the door in accordance with the city’s new vaccine mandate for indoor dining.

A little before 5 p.m. that day, on September 16, a server finishing up the lunch shift ran into the back room where the meeting was happening. “We need help,” he begged, asking the general manager to come outside. She hurried out after him; Matt and some of the other servers followed.

When they reached the sidewalk on Broadway, all Matt could see was a mass of flailing bodies tangled up in a brawl, with Carmine’s servers and managers on one side and what seemed to be dining patrons on the other. In the middle, he could make out one of the hosts, a new employee, screaming, “Oh my God, What the #!” while a woman on the other side grabbed hold of her shirt, and another appeared to throw a punch into the fray. A mix of patrons and Carmine’s employees were trying to pull them apart as the host podium went flying. [....]

As the video gained traction, it quickly became cannon fodder in the national battle over vaccination holdouts, of which New York, as the first city with an indoor-dining mandate, was the epicenter. For many New Yorkers, the fact that the tourists were from Texas meant they were an effective stand-in for all manner of right-wing political villains: “This is why New York makes Texans leave their handguns at home,” tweeted Claire Potter, a New School professor and historian. [...]

But this first viral version of the story was not strictly true. The women, eventually identified as Sally Lewis, 49; Kaeita Rankin, 44; and Tyonnie Rankin, Rankin’s 21-year-old niece, did, in fact, have proof of vaccination. They had arrived with three other people, as a group of six who all had vaccination cards and accompanying identification, but three more men who showed up to join them did not. Neither Carmine’s nor the police had corrected the record.
[...]

It is clear from the video Rankin heard something that made her follow the host back outside: As she passes Rankin’s right side on her way out, Rankin whips her head around, and immediately trails the host out of the entryway. And it seems like that was not the first time they were at odds; additional footage Carmine’s shared with New York shows the host, at some point before the incident when Rankin and others were going in and out of the restaurant, speaking exasperatedly and gesturing toward Rankin when she is pulled back and led away by a server — perhaps the “lunge” Newsome referenced. But it will probably never be unequivocally proven what was said in the entryway. Carmine’s claims it was something to the effect of “Have a nice dinner,” though, if it was said, they acknowledge it may not have been in genuine spirit. [...]

edit on 19-11-2021 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Nov 19 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmmed way overlong quotes IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman
Thats a hell of a lot of quoting, that is a quote right?

ETA, Nice fix.

edit on 11 19 2021 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Hahaha. Yeah it’s quoting. You don’t like quotes?

Why rewrite the mess that was laid out for me to cut and paste?

The idea is the important factor, I am not the one who did the leg work on this. I am the guy passing it off to you
edit on 19-11-2021 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

I’ve been following this story and it is just crazy.

Everyone is just sick of it all and this is one of the reasons people don’t want to work in the restaurant industry.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yes. I left. I am a quitter. I just got my real estate license. Im done

People are truly selfish animals

top topics

join