It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cali asking Retirees and Stay at home parents to work

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
Well here in PA. ( not cali )
What angers me about this is. There are perfectly healthy people refusing to go back to work because they've been getting $600.00 per week here where im at. The local super market is offering $17.00 per hour with benefits after 3 weeks. They're also offering unlimited riding for bus passes. Some are offering Uber, Lyft and other means for paid transportation.

My store barely has supplies in certain sections like frozen foods which those refrigerators are empty. Everybody quit, that 600 a week to do nothing isn't really helping. Thankfully many businesses were able to now star to letting those employees go snd quit paying their unemployment. But the search for new employees is tough, who will take the jobs.

off topic but I'll mention that a friend at American Airlines needs flight attendants badly. pay is good but you need to move to Philadelphia, Dallas and Chicago. I HAVE CONSIDERED THIS even in my physical condition.

My Father retired 12 years ago only to go back to work delivering school buses for a friend that installs all the seating, lights, bells and whistles. It's last minute and time consuming because they'll drive them ftom Gibsonia Pa (Pittsburgh suburb) to as Georgia, Florida.... Indiana. The man was in 2 wars worked 36 years for the local water authorities. Retired with a good pension and healthcare.
They need young and healthy drivers.... though the company currently has a group of old geezers pulling the weight because some off the younger generation think it's "Un Cool"

S&F👍🏼😊
jobs.aa.com...

Cue random hot guy winking.

edit on 19-11-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

What angers me about this is. There are perfectly healthy people refusing to go back to work because they've been getting $600.00 per week here where im at. The local super market is offering $17.00 per hour with benefits after 3 weeks. They're slso offering unlimited riding for bus passes. Some are offering Uber, Lyft and other means for paid transportation

Yup, here too. They are offering rides from Milwaukee to various warehouses. $22, sign on bonuses and all the overtime a pitiful human body can endure.
edit on 19-11-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Huh... I'm leaning towards the other direction and am planning to retire early. Maybe as soon as New Year's Day. The past two years have really burned me out. I need an extended stay at home vacation. I'm still 15 years away from collecting full social security, but my advisor says I will be just fine.

I think that automation is the way businesses will ultimately go. Machines don't need sick days, raises, or racially or sexually harassing their coworkers. I also think that wages have gone up about as much as they will for a long time. Some restaurants have closed in my area because they could not pay or did not want to pay a higher wage. They were diners with greasy food that I shouldn't eat, so maybe I will be better off with the temptation gone. One thing to note is that cannabis stores have seen incredible sales over the past two years. I co-own one, and my wife does the accounting, so I know what kind of money is flowing. We are paying the employees $20 an hour and are still making a killing.

Did you have a link to the article. It's not that I don't trust what you quoted. You are one of the few here that I do trust for accurate information. I just want to read the rest of the article.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: generik

this is actually getting to the point of insanity. due to vaccine mandates the public transit system my father worked for is begging retirees to come back to work. think about that for a minute. is it really wise to try to bring back OLD PEOPLE to drive buses on busy city streets?

This is exactly what I thought of. I’ll give it to the elderly, many of them have unbelievable work ethic, but medically many can’t do the job anymore even if they wanted to.

yet another issue is they are asking some of the most vulnerable people, to not just work for low wages, but those are also jobs that put them at highest risk for catching the virus. and as we all know, the older you are, the more likely it will kill you if you get it.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

Link for the quotes I used. When I edited my OP I must have accidentally deleted it!

news.yahoo.com...

We are not talking about people that are working for free, we are talking about people who have time on their hands that they might be able to allocate that to some of our businesses,

I find this quote interesting. If you think about it, any job is asking you to trade YOUR LIFE for that job. Make sure it's worth it. To me dealing with a bunch of Karen's and Ken's isn't worth all the money in the world!

edit on 19-11-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

The scary thing is, right after he was sworn in Biden said he wanted to make the entire US look like California. I live here. I laughed my ass off. Then got scared.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Retired and back to work. Making lots of money working 1/2 days 3-4 days a week. 3x the pay I used to make and management seems fine with it.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Turned 63 last week and originally had hoped to be retired already. My advisor also says my wife and I should be fine with the nest egg...yet the Dems would love to tap into that and I don't see anyone stopping that from happening in the future.
So I work...going back to the home office tomorrow, since wuflu is raging in our building. I hope I never return to that 30 min each way commute

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   
California has a labor shortage because people are leaving

Why would a normal family accept that they will never own a home pay the highest prices for goods and deal with a ever growing crime problem when they can just leave

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: markovian

Why would a normal family accept that they will never own a home pay the highest prices for goods and deal with a ever growing crime problem when they can just leave

And these places are trying to guilt people into working, because... you know, how else will business owners stay rich?

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: markovian

And these places are trying to guilt people into working, because... you know, how else will business owners stay rich?

They are also leaving ca has become a failed experiment

Alot of the economy is tied into property value a single family home in LA is 800k imagin what it must cost to rent a buisness location

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   

If it were up to me I say let cali drown in its own sh1tstorm. No one should lift a finger to help them until they admit their policies are complete failures and begin to reverse those policies. If they aren't willing to help themselves, they shouldn't get help from anyone else either.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   

"-they close because they can’t keep up with changing times"

And that particularly applies to Restaurants. I think what we have all learned is that restaurants are pits of disease, staffed by dirty, germ ridden people where food is prepared by nasty dirty people working in filthy kitchens.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Wow, that video shows how crazy some people have become. It would have been great if all of the employees jumped over the counter and beat the woman who threw the coffee. I worked fast food in high school and never had to deal with any of that kind of insanity, but the 80s were a much different time.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Folsom, CA has a population of approximately 80,000. Until the 1980's, it's primarily source of income was from tourism associated with the Folsom lake dam/reservoir, and it's famous state prison.

The eighties and nineties saw a large influx of "new money" (gentrification), over-flow from Silicon Valley investment types, and, oddly, immigration from eastern European countries.

Suffice to say that now, thirty to forty years hence, the typical Folsom resident, especially those of "retirement age", has next to zero inclination to rejoin the daily grind - they see themselves as those who are to be served, not those who serve.

Additionally, as to the issue of wage parity, along with the neighboring enclaves of Rocklin, Granite Bay (where Eddie Murphy once, and may still, owned a multi-million dollar mansion), and Loomis, living and housing costs these cities would far preclude the possibility of service workers being able to afford living within 15 miles of their employment.

And, due to these cities origin as rural farming communities, no mass transit infrastructure was ever actively established. With the influx of wealth, any infrastructure that might support a resident service-worker population has been ignored by the dominant residential population in favor of their expensive luxury SUV's: keeping that "rustic vibe" alive!

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   
People are surprised, upset, angry even when they discover that regular people do not want to work.

And I am truly puzzled.

People do not actually want to work.
They especially do not want to work to provide someone else with the opportunity to not work.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   
At least I'll not be on the rig. Fine.
But it worries me...if this is goin on all over...with so many med profs gone...if you need to get folks out of retirement to work? When we go...then what?

Thnx JS...always best to you n fam! PS Happy Thanksgiving

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Bingo. You have hit the dystopian dream scenario.

And this part of the whole last two years is just as well planned and insidiously malignant.

a reply to: everyone

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 12:45 AM
link   

edit on 11/20/2021 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Charliebrowndog

and just WHO? is buying up all that property DIRT CHEAP in the lawless sections
especially.........pelosi? and 2 other prominent cali. families

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join