It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US THEM paradigm

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

You can't tell me that the media was against him bringing it down faster while at the same time calling the burning and looting of cities a 'mostly peaceful' protest. I don't buy it.

I could but I won't. I could point out that most of those protests did not call for violence, that there were many if not most of those people who wanted to protest peacefully, and did. However, those peaceful people were overly naive . And that is part of the liberals problem, believing that there can even be ''mass'' peaceful protests at this point in history. That's 1960's thinking and even that was based on the older Gandhian template. It doesn't work any more. Always in its cover are and will be the radical element and with the radicals as cover, the criminal element. Hard truth. Harris was wrong to attempt to defend them for fear of alienating part of her base. Toss in any other ''liberal'' politicians here as well.

But back to the Us vrs Them paradigm. Boadicia hit it smack on in their first reply. We are us and they are us as well. Thinking of us and them is bringing us down. IT's not easy thinking like this. Acting like this but it must be if we want to move forward, or even survive. I try to think in terms of us with no them. It ain't easy.

We are so conditioned to think in those terms. Take school sports for instance. My grade school had it's own colors, mascots and sports teams. We were encouraged to root for our team and against those other grade schools. Then we moved up to secondary school where most of those students and athletes were now going to our secondary school with us. No longer them but now, part of us.

And of course then we had other secondary schools to root against and other thems to happily defeat. Until we moved into high school where process continued. Our high school against those other thems in those other high schools. Move on up to community colleges where people from all the high schools went and they became part of we competing with those other community colleges and on into university where competition with other universities is encouraged. Then of course the pros. Fans are fans across the board yet you could not tell it from the paint jobs and wild antics and fervent defense of ones own team. It's all bull dash.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

If political cheerleaders on BOTH sides would STFU for a second and joined forces to support things that benefits BOTH party then we could have a chance to get back our gov't .

I have little hope of that happening short of an Armageddon event. I see more political hatred being generated generated not less. Perhaps the Armageddon event in the US will be civil war with the upsurge of paramilitary groups being founded almost daily, ala the Boogaloo movement and far left anarchists.

The problem is that big industries and corporations are not only buddy buddy with our gov't they have taken over it. Hence they create legislation in their favor an the general public pays the price .

If the corporations are infact the government. What will change that. It's an offshoot of Capitalism where money talks and BS walks and all that matters is the bottom line; to be protected at all costs, thru any means possible.

edit on 20-11-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Yeah, and one of those hard-lessons that we need to learn collectively, is when we see those fluffy terms like " Build-Back-Better™ "; " Sustainable-Development™ " ; or " Inclusivity™ " : we need to turn hide 180° and run-away as fast as possible !! LoL !!

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin
a reply to: Boadicea

Yeah, and one of those hard-lessons that we need to learn collectively, is when we see those fluffy terms like " Build-Back-Better™ "; " Sustainable-Development™ " ; or " Inclusivity™ " : we need to turn hide 180° and run-away as fast as possible !! LoL !!

Your point is well taken... but the whole reason they use those terms is because they know that's exactly what the people want and need. I'd rather yoink those terms away from them and make them do exactly what they really mean... actually live up to their words and their promises!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join