It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UT Austin research program teaches white 4year olds about ‘anti-Black racism’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 12:31 AM
link   
There are those who claim that CRT isn't being taught or its not real apparently that isn't true.A Austin UT research program teaches white year olds about anti black racism.

indoctrinating you're children/youth while they are young.
This is what parents are speaking agaisnt it and some are being silenced by the Biden as some on MSM are keeping quiet on it.

UT Austin research program teaches white 4-year-olds about ‘anti-Black racism’

Kids Against Racism

The research program is called “GoKAR,” the KAR standing for “Kids Against Racism.” A recruitment flier states: “Listen, Talk, and Learn About Anti-Racism with GoKAR!” The program “creates opportunities for caregivers to engage in dialogue about anti-Black racism with their preschool-aged children at home,” the flier adds.

“My interpretation is it’s a pilot program, a research study on the effectiveness of the program.” The program also recently prompted a complaint to the Office for Civil Rights by economist Mark Perry, a professor at the University of Michigan Flint.

The complaint stated GoKAR “is a racially segregated, racially exclusive, and racially discriminatory program that operates exclusively for caregivers and children who BOTH must self-identify as WHITE and illegally excludes and discriminates against not-White caregivers and children on the basis of their skin color.”

Perry said in an email to The College Fix that participants are financially compensated with a $25 gift card and an additional $20 gift card for completing an optional parent interview, for a total of $45.

“So only whites are allowed to benefit from this race-segregated ‘educational opportunity’ that includes financial compensation, while all non-whites are denied the opportunity to learn about racism (based on their skin color) and get compensated for that experience,” he said.

Perry said he has yet to hear back from the Dallas-based Office for Civil Rights regarding his complaint. Bird, the university spokesman, had no comment on the complaint.

edit on 19-11-2021 by HawkEyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I don't even know where to begin to reply

Lawsuits for causing emotional distress are needed . Hit them where it hurts $$$$

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Lemme get this straight.

This research program opted to spend tax-payer money in order to teach kids (not even in kindergarten) anti-racism?

I’m guessing the little scholars all mastered their multiplication charts and possessive pronouns. No?

How about the Pythagorean Theorem and essay structure. Not that either?

hmmm

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkEyi

WTF? Kids are 4 years old!

Tell them that every human being deserves the same respect and that skin color is like eye or hair color, it can be different but is just the most visible difference. Some regions more white skinned live, some more darker skinned, some regions have more blue, brown, green or black eyes. It's a difference like a name or age.

My three year old once asked my former neighbor why he does not shower, in front of him. That wasn't embarasing at all because I kneed down on eye level and told her the above. We then compared forearms, he told her about some animals and that topic was done.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I like that.

When I was young, I was told much similar.

Everyone is different, but we all deserve the same, actions determine good or bad.

I then attended public school, where I realized how true this was.
For one year, I attended a private school. I saw pure racism at that private school, it was very real. I will gladly testify to this fact under oath, but I actually had a teacher ask me to stay after class one day. That teacher then asked me if I was of "pure blood" I proudly told him no. He retired the next day.

I have encountered racism multiple times throughout my life. I don't believe it is something that has to stop any individual.
It should probably be taught to children the same way that different religions are taught to children. Different people have different beliefs. There are "religious beliefs" there are "social beliefs". Racism is a form of social belief.
edit on 19-11-2021 by Archivalist because: I think racism is a social belief, similar to religious beliefs.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

I've came to the conclusion that racism is strongly connected to cultural prejudice.

As each race also has a sort of culture, or different ones, sub cultures, these differences are most visible in mindset. I don't really like that term "each race", we're all with slight different genetic foundations, though.

Like, for instance:

During the refugee crisis 2015 and onwards in Europe, I had some very bad experiences in public pools with Arabic Muslims. These experiences are not based on their genetic markup, but rather the culture they grew up in. Therefor, I can not be mad at the individual itself, because they are a product of culture and surrounding environment. Just like me.

They were raised like this, this is their worldview. That women are worthless. You know who I blame, as a woman, for this? The women. They teach their own daughters how their culture disregards them. Think about it.

They teach their sons the same. It's a never ending cycle, fed and nurtured, by the victims itself. Are all Arabic Muslims adhering to this? I have never met one that does not. During my teenage years I got the opportunity to travel with my foster dad to Egypt, staying on a research vessel for weeks at a time. There, we learned a lot of Egyptians to know. Friendly people. We got invitations into their home and all that.

We adhered to their cultural preferences, meaning that I as a teenage girl, didn't run around in bikini on the decks, but had my hair and skin covered, from the start. Naturally, I was pretty bored for the times I was not allowed to dive with the researchers. So I read a lot of books, learned knots from crew members but I was NOT allowed to work any meaningful thing.

The captain and crew were visibly uncomfortable, almost angered and upset when I started to help out with duties on the vessel. Things like checking and refilling divers bottles, measuring gas mixtures, chopping vegetables in kitchen. Washing down decks.

Actually chopping vegetables was the only thing I was allowed to do at the end. This has two reasons, one, I am a woman and it's discriminating to still many of the Egyptian Muslims when a woman does the same work. Two, their mindset saw us as guests and therfore, we got to experience their hospitality.

And Egyptian hospitality is a great thing. If it's not about trying to tie me up in a marriage with a ten year older man. Because that's what it all was about. Only one of these "friends" we made, came clear and finally spoke the truth, basically violating their own religion by doing this. We were told how we, as Christians (I don't practice, I was just baptized, I pursue different spirituality) were to be lied at, deceived and manipulated, as long as it furthers the agenda of their religion.

They really tried to convert us slowly, with the goal to marry me to one of their sons. No #. And that was the last time I was allowed to be down there.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 06:54 AM
link   

The irony is, kids don't focus on race until the adults OPEN THEIR BIG MOUTHS AND POINT DIFFERENCES OUT.

This is like deliberately setting the forest fire, trying to call it a burn control line, and then dumping NASA's fuel stores on it saying, "No problemo, it'll fix itself! YAY, we won!"

Idiots, I swear. Generations of grandmothers' back of hands weep for the lack of current use.
edit on 11/19/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

It wasn't brought up thecsame way, but our discussion with our kiddo went similarly when the inevitable occurred as it will.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah I mean what else to say?
From a sane kind of viewpoint.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

On SM i saw parents complaining on how some white children are now asking questions what have they done wrong? or that they are hating themselves.

This is what this nonsense has led up to.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   

It's what they want; this isn't about creating true lack of racism and equal treatment. It's about vengeance.

top topics

join