It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muhammad Aziz, Khalil Islam To Be Exonerated In 1965 Murder Of Malcolm X

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — After more than half a century, two men are set to be cleared in the assassination of Malcolm X... There is now word that after a nearly two-year investigation the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office is saying the wrongful convictions of two men will be vacated on Thursday.

Just ANOTHER example of my rage against a corrupt system. Specifically, the corrupt thugs known as the FBI. All of them - including both leadership AND the rank and file who continue to participate under the guise of "just following orders".

Political thugs all. Despicable!

It’s believed the FBI and NYPD withheld key evidence in this case that would likely have led to an acquittal against two men who served 20 years in prison. That evidence apparently pointed to other possible killers.

newyork.cbslocal.com...

So why are they finally being exonerated now? The Manhattan DA’s office started a preliminary review on the heels of the 2020 Netflix documentary “Who Killed Malcolm X?”

“You can see very clearly that there was no real desire to solve this murder… Even the rostrum with the bullet holes in it was just flung into the basement, where it remained for another 20 years or so,” said historian Abdur-Rahman Muhammad, whose years-long investigation of the murder was the center of the documentary.

Producer and director Phil Bertelsen said the FBI had plenty of eyes and ears in the ballroom during the shooting, but the testimony was never heard. Lawyers for the men said the nearly two-year investigation found authorities withheld evidence favorable to the defense during the trial.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Damn, if I was put in prison for 20 years for something I didn't do, there isn't much that would stop me from putting a third eye in those involved. For their sake, I hoped they already died.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Good now Netflix needs to do a doc on Oswald.
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Damn, if I was put in prison for 20 years for something I didn't do, there isn't much that would stop me from putting a third eye in those involved. For their sake, I hoped they already died.

It's been 55 years!

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

Covering up it was a govt sanctioned hit.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: bluesman462002

Yeah, why the heck are these cases only being seriously looked at, when Netflix does a show about it?

So, the people working for Netflix are better at investigating, than the Police, or FBI?
Not that that is a stretch.... but come on!

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I thought everyone knew the CIA killed him.

There were people that didn’t know that?

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   
From what I've read, I gather there was a pretty major split within the Nation of Islam. And supposedly the crowd identified these two guys as being responsible, even thought the third guy said they weren't. (And apparently the FBI knew otherwise as well, but just sat on this information.)

I have to wonder if the crowd's own prejudices played a role here. Were these two guys on the "wrong" side of the split, and for that reason some members of the crowd (presumably pro-Malcomn X) pegged them as involved?
edit on 18-11-2021 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamonlyhuman

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — After more than half a century, two men are set to be cleared in the assassination of Malcolm X... There is now word that after a nearly two-year investigation the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office is saying the wrongful convictions of two men will be vacated on Thursday.

Just ANOTHER example of my rage against a corrupt system. Specifically, the corrupt thugs known as the FBI. All of them - including both leadership AND the rank and file who continue to participate under the guise of "just following orders".

Political thugs all. Despicable!

It’s believed the FBI and NYPD withheld key evidence in this case that would likely have led to an acquittal against two men who served 20 years in prison. That evidence apparently pointed to other possible killers.

newyork.cbslocal.com...

So why are they finally being exonerated now? The Manhattan DA’s office started a preliminary review on the heels of the 2020 Netflix documentary “Who Killed Malcolm X?”

“You can see very clearly that there was no real desire to solve this murder… Even the rostrum with the bullet holes in it was just flung into the basement, where it remained for another 20 years or so,” said historian Abdur-Rahman Muhammad, whose years-long investigation of the murder was the center of the documentary.

Producer and director Phil Bertelsen said the FBI had plenty of eyes and ears in the ballroom during the shooting, but the testimony was never heard. Lawyers for the men said the nearly two-year investigation found authorities withheld evidence favorable to the defense during the trial.

Sadly, this sort of thing goes all the way back to the beginnings of the FBI. I remember a few years ago, they discovered that J. Edgar Hoover knowingly allowed an innocent man to die in prison, because the guy who really committed that murder was a Mob informant that they wanted to protect.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
From what I've read, I gather there was a pretty major split within the Nation of Islam. And supposedly the crowd identified these two guys as being responsible, even thought the third guy said they weren't. (And apparently the FBI knew otherwise as well, but just sat on this information.)

I have to wonder if the crowd's own prejudices played a role here. Were these two guys on the "wrong" side of the split, and for that reason some members of the crowd (presumably pro-Malcomn X) pegged them as involved?

The NOI split because Malcolm discovered Elijah Muhammad was a pedo impregnating teen secretaries. Louis Farrakhan who was loyal to Eliljah and rumored to have been involved / directed Malcolm's hit.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

It's like Netflix shines a spotlight, then TPTB decide they'd better get up off their asses and do something for PR's sake.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: iwanttobelieve70

Malcom X's family have long maintained that Louis Farrakhan (yes, the current leader of the Nation of Islam) ordered the hit. According to his widow, it isn't even any kind of secret among the NoI community.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   
A different case, but it's surprisingly very quiet about campaigns to free Native American activist Leonard Peltier (now aged 77).
Also the only disputed case I've ever heard of where FBI agents are described as "activists" who lobbied against his release under President Obama, as well as against a statue being erected in Peltier's honor at the American University in Washington DC.
en.wikipedia.org...

Common President Biden, this could be your one big chance at doing something truly historical that's re-conciliatory and not ruinous to most US citizens.
Please free Leonard Peltier!
I won't hold my breath however.
edit on 18-11-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Other messed up things involving this case and the FBI:

The FBI had an informant in the Nation of Islam who at one point was the third highest ranking member of the organization. He was one of the main proponents in the NOI that X needed to be killed following his separation from them.

Earlier this year a letter purported to have been written by NYPD undercover officer Raymond Wood was released by X's family. In it he details how he was instructed to coerce some of X's security detail into committing a crime mere days before the assassination so they would be in prison at the time of the Audubon Ballroom speech. This led to the Ballroom not being properly secured.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Other messed up things involving this case and the FBI:

The FBI had an informant in the Nation of Islam who at one point was the third highest ranking member of the organization. He was one of the main proponents in the NOI that X needed to be killed following his separation from them.

Earlier this year a letter purported to have been written by NYPD undercover officer Raymond Wood was released by X's family. In it he details how he was instructed to coerce some of X's security detail into committing a crime mere days before the assassination so they would be in prison at the time of the Audubon Ballroom speech. This led to the Ballroom not being properly secured.

That sounds just like the Hoover/mobster thing: The FBI protected their informant, even though he should be in jail.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: iwanttobelieve70

I always thought it was Louis Farrakhan and his gang. I don't know why...

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The full story of this sordid tale is on a Netflix documentary where the doc maker went around Newark NJ where Malcolm's killers from Mosque 25 came from. The orders to murder Malcolm came from that mosque from higher-ups. All the nasty stuff in this doc, and shows they knew all these years what really happened. And the killer has been living in Newark for decades. The doc maker, on the day he went to confront Malcolm’s Killer, the killer died!
www.nytimes.com...
www.netflix.com...

I saw it on I think Vice TV a while back…

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This just plants more evidence into the thinking that Malcolm X, MLK were a planned hit job by the same group of people. Who next JFK? All powerful men in the fight for civil liberates.

The FBI and CIA have blood on their hands, remember the letter sent to MLK to basically tell him to kill himself?

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I completely agree with you, in politics everyone does not what the law says, or what is fair, but what is beneficial to the politicians themselves. Their power has no limits, and this is a big problem.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Woo hoo, all criminals move to NY you will not face jail for anything you do, hurry space are limited.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join