It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This new Mercedes concept car is amazing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

I like it , it has a Tron vibe about it.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767
I never got my hands on one to work, doubt it will ever happen, but I saw and inspected her at car meetings and was so fascinated by the features it had, for that time.

Renault also makes good reliable cars, I can't say anything negative about them.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   
All the times I imagined ramming into people out of rage. Hard pass on that one.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe
It's my job to know this stuff

About testosterone, I did not look but I guess it's a EV. Personally I can't speak from experience with testosterone, but there won't be much production in an EV. Yes it's brutal in acceleration, yes it handles like a dream but there is one thing missing:

Emotions: Hissing turbo, transmission noises & smoke, fuel smell, rattling of teeth and sweat and heat and feeling the force in the stick while shifting, how the tires grab....

EV: Foot down, lightspeed acceleration but it's basically an oversized, computerized RC toy with torque vectoring. I could read a poem while accelerating through corners with one hand on the steering and make it sound good even.

ICE: ROAAAAAAAAAR

Both are fun but if you look for testosterone, it's ICEs.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
And it still can't go further than a rusted Datsun truck from 1983.

That made me chuckle, if you want a car that won't break and can find a mint condition one (not saying its economical to run) a 1980's Toyota Hilux.
they did unimaginably damaging things to one on the UK show Top Gear and could not kill it, at least not completely they drove the wreck into the studio at the end of the show and it still drove even after being burned out.

edit on 17-11-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Not a lot of privacy?

Maybe it somehow legally tents the glass?

If not then no thanks.
Cars with a lot of see through material just aren't practical when on the road. No privacy. The sun beating down.

Now lets talk about the real amazing part. The tech. This car is semi-mind operated? And was that a real person using their mind to move it in the demo??
Because holy #! I've been reading about this kind of tech for at least 10 years but the only thing I ever saw it used for was this kids game www.youtube.com...
As you can see it's cute but nothing world changing.

But being able to move a car using your mind!

So, what else do you guys think this could be used for? I see physically impaired people being able to get around on their own. Wheelchairs controlled by thought.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   
originally posted by: tamusan

It seems to me that the trend is to make cars look uglier with each new generation. Especially the electric cars. Trying to make them look futuristic just results in an ugly vehicle.

There are a few reasons for that. Besides the new Mercedes ICE models being ugly at the front, the thing with EVs is this:

You don't need that much of cooling from the front, so the face of the car has more closed surfaces. It's not what we connect with a car, we think big grill, air has to go through to support cooling and ingesting of air.

In an EV, you don't need that much of air streams, so you have different options to design the car. EV wheels are generally bigger, like 19-21". No exhaust, so much less heat. No engine in the front or back, you can go so much lower down with the hood, but need to think about safety of humans too.

If you look closely, you can see how many manufacturers have already started the same process on ICE, to get us used to it. There is a concept behind each design, even different iterations, you will see shapes changes slightly over generations. That's all planned to a degree. The same lines and shapes in these models are what makes us notice "oh that's a mercedes coming towards me".

It's a whole different world. I didn't know this in that detail either until I got a tour in a museum.
edit on 17.11.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: quote tag.... fixed

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 10:28 PM
link   
POST REMOVED BY STAFF
edit on Wed Nov 17 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 02:44 AM
link   
That’s why I stick with the w210.

E240 baby.

a reply to: tamusan

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I didn't know any of that about electric vehicles. Thanks for the info!

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

My E55 was a W210. I loved it and drove it as a commuter for 20 years. It never had any mechanical issues. I only got the E63 because I wanted a nav system. I do miss the higher torque of the E55 at lower speeds, but my tires are lasting longer on the E63.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   
All my cars have been stick. A couple of Civic hatchbacks. I'm driving a 2013 Madza 3 right now. Great car. Before that was the best, an 2001 Accord. Even after 11 years, valet parkers would remark how spicy it was. I'm tough on the outside of the car. I had it painted twice but those colors never look right. For all the cars, I wonder if their bodies held up.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BelleEpoque

I drove stick and seq dog for years and I love it. Rev match heal toe - brake - down shifts into corners like there was no morning. But. My ICE car, a family wagon that I drove before I got the EV as a daily car, has DSG transmission.

It's soooo comfortable and relaxing to drive and I tell you, no one shifts that fast. I tried this with a customer that has the same model, same engine and software but 6 gang speed. It's a car length for every shift this adds up very quickly. In a DSG transmission car, acceleration never stops you can't feel the shifts it's that fast. You only notice by sound of engine or if you look at the speedo and see the gears.

You kickdown and it drops four gears. Two at a time because the next gear is already engaged and just needs to be coupled in. It's not as much fun as stick but it gives you opportunity to focus more on shift points and not worry, because you never have to take off the hand from the wheel. That's a huge pro, because I can set the shift points exactly where I want them.

edit on 18.11.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I'd like to try it. I'll keep my eyes open for the chance.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

This is all cool and all but what about when you get an itch somewhere that you just need to scratch?
And at the same time a car full of folks drives past, that just happen to be recording...at the exact moment you are firing into that itch?
Scratching away with your whole hand and an innocent look of satisfactory relief appears on your face for a moment when you did not think anyone was watching...

It's all over for you the minute that hits social media

Actually after thinking, it would probably make you a celebrity these days.
Could rent this car out to the instagram crowd for a few hundred per sack scratch

edit on 19-11-2021 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BelleEpoque

They are getting cheaper, both the ICE DSG cars and EV.

Many car manufacturers stop producing stick transmissions all together. They focus more on automatic / DSG transmissions and EV. Because many manufacturers, too, have already announced canceling combustion engines in favor of EV.

In an EV you will have 1 gear, 2 maximum.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Side impact fail.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join