It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A funny thing happend on the way to flattening the curve....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   

edit on 17-11-2021 by TrollMagnet because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2021 by TrollMagnet because:

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrollMagnet

It's like you know literally nothing on the subject, such as Brownian motion at the nanoparticle scale which results in particles smaller than 0.3 micron actually are LESS likely to get through an N95 than a 0.3 size particle..
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Or that N95 are charged in order to attract particles.

Can you show me evidence Covid is found and survives on particles 0.3micron or less?

You seem to be confusing workshop hazards with a virus. You can believe what you like, doesn't matter to me.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

It's like you know literally nothing on the subject, such as Brownian motion at the nanoparticle scale which results in particles smaller than 0.3 micron actually are LESS likely to get through an N95 than a 0.3 size particle..
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Or that N95 are charged in order to attract particles.

Can you show me evidence Covid is found and survives on particles 0.3micron or less?

You seem to be confusing workshop hazards with a virus. You can believe what you like, doesn't matter to me.

OK, assume you are right even though you are attempting to hang your argument on the weakest studies possible. Whats the capacity of a mask then? You cant have the mask filtering things, and unlimited capacity. So where do all the virons go if not out of the mask to spread? Also, why has 3M specifically always pointed out that these disposable masks, which N95 are, are not designed for the prevention of airborne disease?

Do you not understand the difference between bacteria and viruses? Bacteria hang out on dirty stuff. That's why N95 are great if you are sweeping an old building with rat crap mixed with dust on the floor. For airborne virons, you need cartridge respirators with multi stage filtering.

If you can smell a fart or smoke, your mask is NOT going to protect you against any viruses. If you get all up in the faces of people you talk to, it would stop you from getting them sick if you spit when you talk. But if we are social distancing it does not matter. If you are indoors with sick people and its airborne, you will get it no matter how many N95 masks you have. Thats why nurses working this whole time shouldn't need to be vaxxed

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 10:26 PM
link   
POST REMOVED BY STAFF
edit on Wed Nov 17 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 08:53 AM
link   
POST REMOVED BY STAFF
edit on 18-11-2021 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TrollMagnet

Every post you make you are 100% wrong every time, 3M does not say that, it's just wrong. They have an entire line dedicated to protecting healthcare workers.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Thats a real solid argument you got there.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   
How is Covid like heroin addiction?
Both spread through needles.
Australia must be having a huge wave of new heroin addicts.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   
went for takeaway yesterday. Guy is stood at counter raving on about covid and the fact all the folk he knew who got the jab are dead or have disappeared.
Just sums it up really.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Thats a real solid argument you got there.

Yes, them having an entire line dedicated to protecting against airborne pathogens while you claim they say they can't do it.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Data wordblock lies opposition.

Wordblock lies data opposition.

more wordblocks. opposition.

Current ATS users experience.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

haven't you heard? Flatting the Curve Till 2076!
edit on 19-11-2021 by HawkEyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 12:48 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Just dropping in to say I've not forgotten about the thread. Just something came up and I'm not able to be online long enough to read replies and respond. Shall get back to it when I am able to.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Then you'd be wrong, first case was diagnosed in middle of June, and is a perfect timeline to start to see the spike exactly when we see it.

Your post seems to be about the vaccine, not lockdowns or mandates, so I will not muddy the waters by addressing those.

Your data and graphs show exactly what I said, the vaccine was amazing with the original strain, but with Delta it only helps a little with the spread of infection, where it really shines is protection against serious illness/death.

In early MAY, a man and his wife in Sydney’s eastern suburbs tested positive for the variant, but despite the man visiting a number of venues, including a cinema and barbecue shops, there was no community spread of the virus detected.

W here did Australia’s first cases of the Covid Delta variant come from and how infectious is it?

And just in case you need another source to reassure you:

The country’s Chief Medical Officer Paul Kelly, meanwhile, says the cases of the Delta variant in Melbourne aren’t the first the country has seen. He said on Friday two local cases in New South Wales last month had the same variant of the virus - but NSW Health’s genomic sequencing says they aren’t connected.

Delta variant of coronavirus present in Sydney couple in May - as NSW Health works to rule out further transmission

LAST MONTH meaning "MAY", because they're talking about the month before JUNE, you know that month before it "MAY" Heck, it's even in the articles title.....

MAY is not June, July, September or any other month of the year. So you were saying?

Not confusing the 'NEW STRAIN' of delta with the originals arrival on my nations shores are you?

Any way, what is the point, no matter what is said you'll just counter it with something, something being words and whatever suits you. Because two seconds on even a biased search engine like google would have shown you I was correct.

From my OP

I am genuinely interested in the science. So please provide some.

How about something to back up what you say?

Yep, you're a frontline worker. I'll take your word for it, just like I'll take your word on everything else simply because you say so and no other reason. I mean you're clearly very correct on which month things happened...

What kind of frontline worker? You don't happen to be a virologist do you?

Any way, clearly a waste of time discussing anything further with you when you cannot even get dates right and will shut someone down because you're too lazy to take 1 second to ensure what you're saying is correct.

edit on 22-11-2021 by AtomicKangaroo because: typos, probably more in there.

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

there was no community spread of the virus detected.

So there was 1 case in May, which was investigated and there was no spread. A driver in June is linked to the rest of the outbreak. I'm not Australian and didn't know about the 1 earlier case which had no spread, and it changes nothing since it led to no spread and was contained.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join