It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Kyle's own life hangs on the line - again! Jury too scared to rule. An UPDATE on Deliberations

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The amount of gross misconduct on the part of the prosecution is nothing short of breathtaking. Especially today. Any other case this would have already been dismissed with prejudice, but it isn't being because of the lying press and their terror mobs. Disgraceful.

Claire Binger and Fatty Arbuckle over here should be sent to prison, let alone disbarred. Christ.

Is this normal behaviour on the part of a prosecution? Because of it is then it's impossible to get a fair trial in America.
edit on 17112021 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
This Zero Hedge article about the case offers a very compelling theory about what the prosecutors are trying to do: They're trying to cause a mistrial, so they can re-try the case. This is why the defense is asking for a mistrial with prejudice, so they cannot. Under Wisconsin law, the judge can grant this if there is evidence of prosecutorial overreach, which I dare say is manifestly obvious at this point.

Why cause a mistrial, to go again? not likely to do better the second time, some of that shakey evidence will not get in next time. But I agree with misconduct by Binger.

Most of the legal channels figure it's not likely re-tried if a mistrial..but who knows, anything can happen.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Whats worse js that they are getting away with it, and they know it.

Not to play partisan hack but this speaks to a wider cultural problem.

One side wants to trust and work within the rules in good faith.

The other wants to play fast and loose with the rules that haven't already been broken.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Just to point out, the two prosecuting attorneys are ADAs. Assistant District Attorneys.

Which such a high profile, highly political case, why isn't the DA in the limelight?

Imo if this goes to a mistrial, they'll find it difficult to get an attorney to try it again.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

It was just reported that the file received by the defense was created 21 minutes later than the file held by the prosecution. So far the prosecution hasn't even been able to BS that one away.

It appears rather than a mistrial, the prosecution is going to make everything requested available to the defense.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

3 Constitutional violations and a Brady violation.

If anyone else is keeping track.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   
It's getting pretty frustrating watching the Defense sitting there without really speaking up very much at all today about this video quality BS.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Just to point out, the two prosecuting attorneys are ADAs. Assistant District Attorneys.

Which such a high profile, highly political case, why isn't the DA in the limelight?

Imo if this goes to a mistrial, they'll find it difficult to get an attorney to try it again.

I'm honestly not sure the role of DA, beyond paper pushing and decision making, do they run cases? or do they designate to underlings? I guess he's kept his head down, and sent his underlings to take the beating.

I agree, in any case, a mistrial would be hard for them to come back from.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

3 constitutional violations and a Brady violation and the judge is like "lol whatever". All because the press said mean things about his Asian food joke.

Press accuses him of being biased and now he is totally biased towards the prosecution to the point that this case should've been thrown out days ago. Ironic really.

Personally, I would've just turned off the TV for the duration of the trial. But then again i'm not an 80 year old Judge living in yesteryear where the media bias was not quite so overt and draconian.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Not my original opinion but I agree with it.

The judge trusts the process and the rules. Has faith in the jury.

My personal opinion is that he's old, retiring soon and likely is very well respected in his circles.

Also likely an impeccable record.

Jeopardizing that may be a concern.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Press accuses him of being biased...

Which in itself is a legal violation. The press have no business interjecting opinions until a verdict is reached. If the judge is indeed biased at that point, there are legal remedies.

This is why for so long the courts resisted allowing reporters into the courtroom. We may have to go back to that to ever get a fair trial in these high-profile cases.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skada

Well, according to this: files.catbox.moe...
An officer said that there are "bricks everywhere"
it is 31 mins long.

IM trying to listen to it now to see at what time stamp they state the bricks everywhere, but dont have time right now.

INFRASTRUCTURE !!!!! 🦇😎🦇

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 01:59 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   
They have these people on social media threatening .it's a felony to tamper w the jury. Why are these people not being arrested

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I wonder if it would be a mistrial if it was discovered today that the judge currently has Covid.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: shaemac

It was just reported that the file received by the defense was created 21 minutes later than the file held by the prosecution. So far the prosecution hasn't even been able to BS that one away.

It appears rather than a mistrial, the prosecution is going to make everything requested available to the defense.

TheRedneck

Please, no mistrial.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

The judge just proved my point

Defense motioned again for a mistrial for the Brady violation.

Judge kicked the can until after the jury makes their decision.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles
I wonder if it would be a mistrial if it was discovered today that the judge currently has Covid.

You noticed that too eh?

"Definitely not allergies anymore."

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The defense is dropping the ball. Playing way too nice with these corrupt prosecutors.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
This Zero Hedge article about the case offers a very compelling theory about what the prosecutors are trying to do: They're trying to cause a mistrial, so they can re-try the case. This is why the defense is asking for a mistrial with prejudice, so they cannot. Under Wisconsin law, the judge can grant this if there is evidence of prosecutorial overreach, which I dare say is manifestly obvious at this point.

Why cause a mistrial, to go again? not likely to do better the second time, some of that shakey evidence will not get in next time. But I agree with misconduct by Binger.

Most of the legal channels figure it's not likely re-tried if a mistrial..but who knows, anything can happen.

do they even really have a "choice" about retrying the case if it is a mistrial? and i am talking about political choice. the radical left lynch mob is howling for their version of "justice". and main stream media (including outside of the US), as well as the President, Vice President, and democrat politicians are just so heavily invested in "Rittenhouse is guilty of murder", it just can't be brushed under the rug.

how much do you want to bet federal charges are already invented and ready to be laid? in fact with just how bad the prosecution, and case has been, you really have to wonder if the case is being thrown just for that reason. what better way for biden and the democrats to come riding to the rescue. perhaps even get some new federal gun control laws placed, as well as federal laws to stop people from being able to defend themselves. and that is not at all far fetched as it sounds. after all other countries have laws in place where killing, or harming in self defense is pretty much illegal. unless quite literally there is no escape. and if you use a "weapon", it had better be smaller/less powerful, than a weapon being actively used by the criminal (and if they say drop their weapon, you better drop yours at the same time). and where going to the aid of others to defend them at all is completely illegal. as is defending any property. such as in Canada.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join