It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We going to War with China or What?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I wouldnt recommend America go to war ever again.

After the Afghanistan debacle, the search for Bin Laden debacle, the Iraq "weapons of mass destruction" debacle, and the Vietnam war debacle.

America replaced the Taliban with, err, the Taliban.

I think America should look after itself and let the rest of the World get on with it.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 11:35 PM
link   
If I could put the tin foil hat on for a second it makes you wonder if all the ports and roads that have been built by china's belt and road program aren't beach heads.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I really don’t think it would just be China, Russia and North Korea would for sure take advantage and I think China and North Korea have a military pact of some kind.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Eventually war with China is inevitable.
A cold war first which we already are in, and if (much like the USSR) we go hot, it is unavoidable, due to opposing positions on things such as human rights.
Simple but strong ideals that identify us on an global scale.
Unless China changes it's policies on how human beings are treated, and viewed, the USA will oppose them right up to the point of war. And we will fight for the common Chinese civilian, to the point of destroying us all, because human rights is going to be an all or nothing battle....it has to be eventually.
Human rights will win, or we will all die trying.

IMO

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
And China could invade Taiwan tomorrow and we all know Biden would do nothing .

With Russia bearing down on Ukraine, it would be a cheeky move if both China and Russia invade their intended targets at the same time.🤔

edit on 11/16/2021 by EternalShadow because: edit

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Exactly why would a government tell people to stock-up?

I understand why individuals would want to but why would a government give that advice?

If there's enough for 10 bags of rice for each person from November to Jan., there will not be more if they buy them all in November as opposed to over the next three months.

The only benefit to have them stock-up now is the expect an external supply to be cutoff - like trade with the US.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

That's a point but they get a lot of food from Africa these days as well, but if the winter is dark, they might not get much from the States.
There is always the possibility that you have been weakened to the point where you are stuffed every action taken by the present government is breaking the system down. How this is going to play out has too many variables to be that accurate. It is definitely a planned event, and if the order is not returned by someone. It looks pretty bleak. As far as the Politicians the gig seems to be up, too much info has been; leaked, they will do anything to evade the noose. The people are the enemy now so they will kill as many off as possible. That's the way of desperate criminals. The Pervs in the Australian government will do what they have to keep themselves safe. America and Britain are the same. The Judiciary is compromised and the top generals in the Army are as well. It isn't really looking that great is it?
edit on 16-11-2021 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Australia is double dog daring the US and China to go at it.

Please explain your thinking behind this.

We’re just holding our ground against a bully with the presumption America has our back.

After what we’ve seen in Afghanistan I don’t believe for a second that we’d be supported by any US forces other than those stationed here unless it is of direct benefit to the elite class of establishment in the US.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
a reply to: JinMI

Weird that we allow non citizens to own property within our borders.

Whats even funnier is that we can take it back at no cost by claiming imminent domain,and the Super deeds.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I've heard the tensions are far higher than our broken MSM is indicating.

You are correct that resources for an economy will be a significant driver (as with every war).

But what will "war" look like this time? Will it be old-style conventional or a series of small battles to determine who out-techs the other?

I've mentioned this in several other threads, but it bears repeating. People are focused too much on big ticket items like ships. Any naval conflict will be hugely impacted by electronic warfare and a largely forgotten weapon, the naval mine.

The recent style of warfare in the Middle East and between Russia and Ukraine may be more indicative of what is to come than something like the six months between Pearl Harbor and the Battle of Midway.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Weird that we allow non citizens to own property within our borders.

It's a big problem where I live.

Outside wealthy investors purchase property on the island I live on, that they call 'buy to let'.

This pushes up property prices, to the point that I accepted years ago that I'll never be a homeowner.

We live in a £700,000+ house, and I can struggle for bread and milk some days.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 03:14 AM
link   
A war with China?. The war to end all wars.

Life on this planet is slowly dying with almost 150 species of Animal or insects becoming extinct every day.

We need these animals and insects for us to thrive. If humans go. Not one of those Animals or insects will miss us.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 04:43 AM
link   

War? Biden can't do that, who will pay his bills?

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 05:06 AM
link   

During my brief stint in college several years ago my Geology professor, Dr. Hill, diacuss the water crisis. He said it was perhaps the most important thing "they" don't talk about. He said, "Future wars will be fought over blue gold."

He mentioned something about how much water Nestlé pumps out of the Great lakes and hiw much of that goes to China. It is interesting to note that Brazil sits on top one of the biggest fresh water reserves in the world. They'll become a leading world super power when the water shortage comes full throttle.

If China wanted to war with someone to get a major supply of water, then Brazil would be the most lucrative. They can't put up the same fight we can.

Of course the world stage is set against us in the United States, and we do have another of the world's largest fresh water reserves. Might as well follow through on the propaganda and fight the "evil Americans".

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 05:31 AM
link   
The Aged Old question of should we?

Remember, Japan went to war when its resources were depleting.
I see the same in China. Either be very aggressive or pour a ton of Money.
However, their economy isn't Hot and their investments yield too little on the Global Stage, not enough to sway serious policy to their benefit, unlike the US who's monetary institutions are rock firm.

A number of things can happen, will it be a direct conflict? Probably not, we'll probably fight each other via proxy.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 05:40 AM
link   

However...

By the start of 2020, Chinese owners controlled about 192,000 agricultural acres in the U.S., worth $1.9 billion, including land used for farming, ranching and forestry, according to the Agriculture Department.

If war were to happen between the US & China - those 192,000 acres would immediately be repatriated back to the U.S.

And China knows it.

Hence - there will be no war. Among a thousand other reasons...

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

China's situation is not unlike Japans situation during WW2 , America had a throttle hold on Japans access to oil so in many ways Japan had no choice but to attack . Not that I'm condoning the Pearl Harbor attacks I'm just saying it is similar.

Spot on!

And so few people know this. It's actually scary how little real history is known by the average Joe or Jane...

And yet they remain confidently ignorant. That will bite them in the ass big time at some point. And then they'll turn to those that do know and plead for help citing the fact that they are ignorant because no one taught them the facts.

What a load of crap...

Watch...

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

During my brief stint in college several years ago my Geology professor, Dr. Hill, diacuss the water crisis. He said it was perhaps the most important thing "they" don't talk about. He said, "Future wars will be fought over blue gold."

I've told my kids a few times that if there is ever another (and probably final) world war, it will be fought over access to clean water.

People can without a lot of things.

Water is NOT one of those things.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 05:55 AM
link   

How could they initiate a war with the U.S. and expect to win? They are much better off picking on weaker countries that aren't allies with the U.S. such as African countries which, by the way they have been eyeing.

China even being able to go to war, on US soil is rather unlikely. from stuff i have read over the years, China doesn't even have the logistics capability to invade Taiwan a tiny country, across a narrow straight, forget about moving the troops, weapons and materials across the pacific to a large country, that would require so much more.

no, a war with China and the US would likely be a tactical replay of Japan/Pearl harbor. a sneak attack, while yet again the US is unprepared. to hopefully neutralize the US's ability to wage war in the Pacific. and Just like Japan, solely to keep the US at bay, while they scoop up the Asian Pacific nations. and prepare to defend those stolen territories. and if they are lucky (and with idiots like biden and the democrats in charge, could work), get the US to bow down to their demands and sign a peace agreement, which would keep them out of "Chinese territory" (ie the entire Pacific).

and yet again just like Japan, it would be all about stealing all the resources of the Asian Pacific, for themselves. China really is the 21st century Imperial Japan, of the 20th century.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 06:00 AM
link   

The United States currently owes China around $1.1 trillion as of 2021.

No need to go to war.

As to new water sources and supplies, that is indeed a dilemma, but one that the world faces and not just China.

Desalination technologies taken to there logical conclusion might help remedy the situation.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join