It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space station astronauts take shelter to avoid new orbital debris cloud

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Did Sandra get to the Soyuz capsule in time...?

a reply to: Riffrafter

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   
D. All The Above

I wouldn't count on whatever the "debris" is necessarily being Russian however, because, you know, RUSSIA!!

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

Space is fully weaponized and has been for many years, despite ridiculous opinions (based on no facts) voiced by gov't lackey's or those who choose to remain willfully blind.

Someone in the governments spouting ridiculous opinion?? When the hell did that start. I simply cannot accept that a government lackey could get anything wrong or incorrect or even tell an actual lie.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

The distance between and length of the rows of corn are variable. This goes back to my previous statement of an uncontrolled environment.

You can easily set up experiments for space based equipment on the salt flats. It's already regularly, and publicly done, by various space agencies and educational institutions.

The incredibly smooth, barren, highly reflective surface, and typically remote locations of salt flats is exactly what makes them so exceptional for these types of things. Not so much arbitrarily chosen corn fields.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Since a space based weapon would go against the 1967 Outer Space Treaty ban of weapons of mass destruction, I doubt they would test it on US soil.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Space commerce will become increasingly important but to have to run the gauntlet of bullet speed shrapnel all the time pushes that commercial access further and further away.

We need some orbital garbage men.

Sadly, it's not a joke.

That was the original impetus for and goals of Space Force - to clean up all the junk and debris floating around in orbit. And it's an *awful* lot of junk.

Now they're high-falutin' and their own co-equal branch of the military.

Woot!

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

originally posted by: VierEyes

Yeah, we've known for a while now that Russia has a satellite or satellites that can be maneuvered around in space. Space is definitely weaponized.

Call it anti satellite weapons. No doubt Space Force is plotting and planning.

Well, we actually already have that - somewhat.

And it makes perfect sense if you think about it.

Would you launch a $billion dollar piece of hardware into orbit and not give it any way to defend itself from all the "bad actor" sats up there?

That wouldn't just be short sighted - it would be criminally stupid.

So, I think it's safe to assume at least some of our satellites have the means to defend themselves. And it wouldn't take much - they only have to defend against other satellites for the most part.

Although I suppose, a country could launch a missile targeting one of our satellites. But if that were to happen, WW3 will follow right behind it. Make no mistake.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 07:08 AM
link   
We better have a few rods of god up there already... if not somebody else will.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Russian anti satellite missile ftw. no more do we fear the manic miner skylab future. yay for Russia.
edit on 16-11-2021 by infiniteMeow because: skylab

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   

You'll see in my first post on this thread I said there are no known space based weapons. Personally, I don't believe that there are any out there at all, again for reasons previously addressed.

However, testing on another nation's territory would be about the dumbest idea possible. Worse than testing on private corn fields even. If you're trying to keep a secret, you don't bring in other people/nations. If you tested on foreign soil without consent, that could easily be seen as an act of war and would also blow any cover you had.

There are plenty of salt flats within the US that would work perfectly for any sort of space based testing.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Dumbest idea to make others believe it’s aliens or men with boards?
πŸ˜‚

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I kinda figured that the creation of the space force is one of the reasons he was installed as president.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Dumbest idea to test an exotic weapon on a private corn field. Too many uncontrolled variables, as I've explained.

If you choose to ignore why it's a bad idea, while presenting no argument for why it would be a good idea, that's on you. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

top topics

<< 1   >>

join