It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From REDDIT....Hollywood Preparing Us For Alien Refugees

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: putnam6

I hope it’s like District 9
I’d drink that black goo and turn into one of those shrimp looking dudes.

Careful what you wish for….

👽🍽🍺

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Just think....the Gender Nonbinany Crowd might be a wave of genderless beings incarnated into human form for the first time trying to comprtehend the Human Experience. Previously a generation of genderless and sexless drones, they struggle with the concept of "self identification" in a binary realm.

Explains the push for "xe/xir" pronouns.

Sounds alien to me.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Look like a Prawn, eat fried Chicken from Gunther's and cat food.

edit on 19-11-2021 by TomCollin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 08:13 AM
link   
'Alien Refugees'

SO MUCH WRONG with that, I can't even begin to unload it..

..I am going to try anyway.

1) The word 'ALIEN' is hostile, alienating, separating term to use. It's not very INCLUSIVE. How about we call otherplanetarians HUMANS? They are way more human than people of this planet, and yet people here call THEM 'aliens'? The irony couldn't be greater. THEY are not the ones warring with each other, killing people remotely with drones, mercilessly murdering animals for 'food' (that then causes them health problems, naturally), and pollute their planet as if there's no tomorrow! And yet the primitive apeling half-demons call otherplanetarians ALIENS!

2) Refugees??

How would people from good, normal and much higher worlds than this ever need this garbage dump planet for any kind of 'refugee' stuff? Why would they ever BECOME refugees? Refugees from WHAT? Some intergalactic war?

Come on!

I have never heard anything as stupid! It's as if we would go to some gorilla pack and try to become refugees there. HOW WOULD THAT WORK, exactly? Can you become a refugee on an ant hill?

A higher culture won't, don't need to and can't become 'refugees' for lower non-culture. It just doesn't happen that way.

I could see it another way - seeking asylum from better worlds so the reasonable people that still exist in this horrible world could find escape, but holy cow would it be stupid the other way around.

To use a more materialistic example; how would a rich, wealthy, powerful king become refugee amids the peasants of that country? It just doesn't happen! The ones with resources and power don't need to become refugees!

Why would civilizations of good worlds that have developed spacefaring capability need to come to some lowly, primitive prison-planet to be refugees there? When they can FREELY TRAVEL in space, they would limit themeselves not only to ONE planet for who knows how long, but also to _THIS_ exact planet?!

Who comes up with this stuff? Is there a competition of who can think of the most ridiculous, banal, stupid and ego-bloated thing, and this is the winner? I mean, could it BE more egotistical to imagine that Terra is good enough to even RECEIVE any refugees even from a relatively bad world? Let alone any normal world?!

I have to stop reading this site, it's not good for my blood pressure.. the sheer stupidity is just too soul-crushing.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I believe Hollywood is preparing us for...
Wait for it... Wait for it.

Entertainment

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dutchowl

They tell us what will happen and make it look like fantasy but we now have been exposed to it. Somebody says something that could very well be true but says it in a crazy way or acts crazy and we then dismiss it as crazy. And ignore evidence of it that maybe isn't so crazy. I keep wondering about that watching the Alex Jones trial. He says thing that sound crazy. he acts like an ass. But then you look at what he said and actually check it out and what others have said and some of it makes you wonder.
All those cities in China that are ghost towns. maybe they're to introduce newcomers here to how life on earth works and how cities and towns function. And the uber rich are buying up vast tracts of farmland and wilderness. maybe they're going to build towns and suburbs there. For newcomers.

That's a cool theory Ive always thought considering how old and established the Chinese are there is the potential they were visited early on I'm sure if they were they would have kept it a secret.

Let's face it if some alien civilization promised to help a country if they did a, b or c. I'm pretty sure our human leaders would try and devise a way to profit from it.

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Even Superman fits the bill on this one.

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: vance
I believe Hollywood is preparing us for...
Wait for it... Wait for it.

Entertainment

If that's all they are doing it's pretty crappy entertainment.

But then why do they do social engineering?

Damn, they made the Stand mini-series Stephen King's most revered story, into a mostly unrecognizable mishmash of politically correct characters totally different from an extremely entertaining and thought-provoking book. Changing characters' sex and nationalities and culture to fit what Hollyweird deemed not to enhance the story but to make it a social commentary.

Thas just one instance .... do other countries face pressure if they don't have a certain demographic group represented in every movie. I don't even mind when it's a contemporary show, but when it's a period piece and they introduce tropes that were not prevalent.

Hollyweird is being passed by KOREA and other nations because they don't feel a need to pander to the special interest groups like Hollywood does

Why even Hollywood knows it isn't all about "Tha's Entertainment" anymore

brobible.com...

During his recent appearance on the Conan Needs A Friend podcast, two-time Academy Award-winning actor Sean Penn and Conan O’Brien were discussing whether or not Sean Penn would be allowed to play Harvey Milk, or his Daniel Day-Lewis would be allowed to star in a film such as My Left Foot if those movies were made today, which prompted Penn to remark that political correctness is getting to a point where he wonders if “only Danish princes” will be allowed to play Hamlet.

Here are some more links

www.dailymail.co.uk... correctness.html

Monty Python legend Terry Gilliam blasts ‘ridiculous’ Hollywood political correctness as ‘superficial nonsense’

Will political correctness kill classic movies? | TheHill
Search domain thehill.comthehill.com... › opinion › technology › 443282-will-political-correctness-kill-classic-movies
The rise of political correctness can be seen across movie screens this weekend. "The Hustle," a gender-swap remake of 1988's "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels," rails against the patriarchy ...
Is diversity and woke political correctness ruining ...
Search domain quora.comwww.quora.com... › Is-diversity-and-woke-political-correctness-ruining-Hollywood-movies?share=1
Answer (1 of 11): Hollywood certainly needs to take a more firm stand against the "woke movement", who are undoubtedly ruining movies, comedy, television and etc… People of all walks of life are so tired of seeing these fake worlds in which there is only good or evil, no in between. If you don't...
Is Political Correctness Destroying the Oscars? | The ...
Search domain nationalinterest.orgnationalinterest.org... › feature › political-correctness-destroying-oscars-168674
Academy following academia is a trend. The quotas are not just in Oscars. A 2013 study, for example, found that without affirmative action, Harvard would end up being 43 percent Asian, 38 percent ...
Clint Eastwood to Produce Film in Georgia, Despite ...
Search domain theepochtimes.comwww.theepochtimes.com... › clint-eastwood-to-produce-film-in-georgia-despite-hollywood-abortion-boycott_2979219.html
Clint Eastwood will be starting production of a new film in Atlanta, Georgia, standing against the tide of Hollywood stars and studios that threatened to boycott the state's burgeoning film ...
Oliver Stone: Hollywood is "Politically Correct (Expletive ...
Search domain frontpagemag.comwww.frontpagemag.com... › point › 2020 › 07 › oliver-stone-hollywood-politically-correct-daniel-greenfield
After Noam Chomsky came under attack for signing on to a letter against cancel culture, here's Oliver Stone blasting Hollywood political correctness." The Academy changes its mind every five, 10, two months about what it's trying to keep up with. It's politically correct [expletive], and it's not a world I'm anxious to run out into.

edit on 23-11-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Thanks, I loved the TV mini series, especially the opening bit with Don't Fear the Reaper playing (lifelong fan of BOC) so must now read the book. And the Shining, too.

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   
As highly unlikely as I think that actually is, it's not a terrible theory. There's far more ridiculous theories from bungholes floating around (computerized universe ones, for example)

If & when our new alien refugee overlords get here, I know someone they can promptly eat.

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Thanks, I loved the TV mini series, especially the opening bit with Don't Fear the Reaper playing (lifelong fan of BOC) so must now read the book. And the Shining, too.

We got common ground, my friend

Just get the complete uncut book, but yea it's iconic.

Who doesn't love BOC damn they were huge... don't know how popular HEAVY METAL the movie was in the late '70s in the UK, but it was big in the 14-year-old male audience in the southeast US in 79 we had midnight movies, where all the kids would go see a double feature and stay out all night drinking and partying... that was back when you would listen to the whole album I was partial to Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll and Godzilla hell I still am.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join