It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thought I could relax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 07:47 PM
link   
But no! In my sorry state, I thought I could rest my injured bones and innards, but it was not to be.

Last week we must have had a herd of wild elephants take out our hot wire fences in our high pasture. They were strung out into the neighbor's pasture for 200' feet or more in some cases. Broken in 6-7 places, just a complete mess. I went up there thinking I was going to fix a single break, hobbling as I was...not even going to happen.

Then, today, Jack (our herd Bull) got out. I didn't need that. We didn't need that.

Fences, life and livestock can sometimes wear on you...especially when you're hurt.

I guess you can't ride a horse if you're afraid to fall off. You have to get back on.

Today was one of those days.

**Sigh**

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

No rest for the weary .
None at all......

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I can't claim my current job is physically demanding, but I do have days with it. So in a sense, I get where you're coming from.

Thursday was one of *those* days. The printer spent all day breaking and jamming. My Karen proofer kept getting her knickers in a twist about everything whether she needed to or not, and once she has an issue, she's like a dog that won't let go of a bone. "No" doesn't always do it because she'll escalate right over your head if you don't give her the answer she wants even though that won't get her the answer she wants either which is always really annoying because you're waiting for that day when something goes wrong ...

And we were busy on top of it.

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Can you not hire a local college kid looking to make some money to help out pal? Just until you're up to it.

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 09:12 PM
link   
What's rest?

Is that what the old people are doing with all the money i make them?

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 10:12 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

join