It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Doctor is the GOAT - Valentino Rossi Retires

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I remember the young upstart Rossi as he battled hard with Max Biaggi in the early days , no love lost there.
I remember the battles the young racer Rossi had with Sete Gibernau and that overtake in 05.
I remember the established MOTOGP Champ Rossi as he dealt with the new upstart Jorge Lorenzo and the battles they had.
I remember Valentino Rossi through his nearly 20 years at the pinnacle of top class motorcycle racing.

Today the GOAT has retired , the Doctor has left his office and I remember the entertainment he has provided to me and the many Valentino Rossi fans around the world over the last 20 years , there will only ever be one 46 , Valentino Rossi.

Thanks for the memories Champ.

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Grazie Vale!

I'm still finding it hard to believe. He's a tribute to the sport and to the memory of all the brave racers of the past, the future and those that left us too young...

I'm finding it hard to convey all the mixed emotions I'm feeling. I'm sure we'll see him around, but it will be hard not seeing his name & 46 on track.
edit on 14/11/2021 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

(post by TrueSaviorFromCyber removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

I'm sure we will see him race again but in cars rather than on bikes.

Grazie Vale! 🐐

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I share those feelings mate but all good things come to an end , Valentino has had an incredible MotoGP career and become a legend in the sport , now other , perhaps safer . challenges await the GOAT and I think we all look forward to seeing what he does next.

Tribute video narrated by Colin Edwards.

Grazie Vale!

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yep, I know, it just makes me feel old. I followed Vale's career from his first 125cc Championship and it just feels like a bit of me is retiring along with him.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I know he's flirted with cars before. It would be awesome to see him try his hand in some GT races.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I followed Vale's career from his first 125cc Championship

Me too.

I was bored one weekend and saw some bike racing on TV so I checked it out. There was this kid thrashing this 125 rocket looking over his shoulder wondering where the rest of the pack were.

That was the day I saw the artist, the Doctor perform his unique craft.

Our newer champs would probably struggle on those older bikes.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I know he's flirted with cars before. It would be awesome to see him try his hand in some GT races.

I was also thinking GT. I reckon Rossi would be an excellent endurance driver.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I followed Vale's career from his first 125cc Championship

Our newer champs would probably struggle on those older bikes.

Absolutely! I remember the 250cc and 500cc two-strokes were beasts to control. The power was all or nothing... no feathering the throttle. The high-sides were spectacular.

top topics

join