It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bonds We Are Being Forced to Wear

page: 1

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 03:53 AM
link   

The Bonds

The bonds we're being forced to wear are made from the chains that keep the Scale of Justice balanced. The balance of these scales have been tipped because we've removed the blindfold that covers the eyes of our court systems...just like it covers the eyes of Lady Justice herself.

That blindfold represents the impartiality of the court system and in modern day court rooms its meaning is very clear: 

Since the 16th century, Lady Justice has often been depicted wearing a blindfold. The blindfold represents without regard to wealth, power, or other status.

The chains are metaphorical. They represent the unconstitutional and intrusive rules that the government have imposed on each one of us. But the blindfold is very real. And unfortunately I think that what once represented impartiality (Lady Justice's blindfold), now represents the blinders that our elected officials have grown accustomed to wearing. 

* They are listening to corporations who have monopolized the industries and taken away the ability for small businesses to flourish.

* They are listening to lobbyists who are paid millions of dollars in order to get laws amended, removed, and enacted for the sole benefit of profit

* They are listening to scientists that have sacrificed science for funding.

* They are listening to foreign entities that have nothing to gain from seeing our country prosper and everything to gain by aiding in our demise.

* They are listening to media that does not represent the nation as a whole, but represents the corporations that have a clear cut agenda of profit and also represent countries that would gain power once America falls. 

* And they are listening to the pharmaceutical industry which has proven time and time again that the only interest it has in "helping" people is the interest of it's own pocketbook. 

It has been a long time since the Government has actually listened to its people. Although we are the majority,  we no longer are the priority.

And this is why I say that the blindfold Lady justice wears no longer represents the ideal way that justice should be applied. It represents the biases and greed of the individuals running it.

Divided-nation

The nation sits divided over several issues currently. Many times in history we've overcome the conflicts that have driven us to draw lines without sacrificing freedom and prosperity. This is because We, The People all want the same thing: to protect, provide, and prosper. 

Protecting our families, providing for our families, and prospering while we do is not a lot to ask. But they are very important to every person in any country. They are the reason that we've been able to come to a compromise in the past. 

Not compromising would result in losing these 3 basic desires as a whole (when a country's economy collapses, the majority of people living in that country will lose these 3 basic needs/wants). 

The Government and judicial system have lost sight of these 3 basic wants/needs for the country as a whole and are only concerned with the welfare of each of their individual estates, choosing to sacrifice the needs of the many for the needs of a few.

And now we are all at a crossroads because of it. If we decide to take one of the paths set before us, we all lose. But if we gather in the middle in mass, then at least the 3 basic wants/needs will remain in tact (prosper, protect, provide) which will allow us the chance to become a great nation again.

Many if us will never agree on the issues that have impacted our lives recently.  But there is one thing all of us can agree on: 

The way we're living now is not going to get any better if we continue to draw lines in the sand.  After almost 2 years of unbending resolve, many if us have deep battle scars in our personal and professional lives that will take a lifetime to heal.

When they write about this moment in America's history there is still the option of two very different headlines:

The Year That Turned America Into a Third World Country

or

How America Prospered Through a World Crisis. 

There is still time to come out on top and change things for the better. If the officials would listen to the people,  if Americans would see the value in compromise, if we stood together at the crossroads instead of going our own way...that second headline is very much still within our reach. I guess it all starts and ends with us.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by. I normally would hand out cookies but, well, I really can't afford to buy them anymore.

blend

edit on 14-11-2021 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 05:49 AM
link   
This was not a Rant , but the effort to get the truth out .

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

I have been tempted to write up a post like this in the last few days, what put me in the writing mood is the breaking up of families over this virus.

The media and world governments have manipulated the data and information to such a point that it is literally dividing families.

This is all just insanely wrong and needs to stop.

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: blend57

There is still time to come out on top and change things for the better. If the officials would listen to the people,  if Americans would see the value in compromise, if we stood together at the crossroads instead of going our own way...that second headline is very much still within our reach. I guess it all starts and ends with us.

I'll be honest, I think we are nowhere close to that yet. I feel like we are in the second act of this horror show, and the final act has yet to be played.

Even though we are bathed in constant information, I personally feel like I'm on a deserted island in the middle of the Pacific. I find it impossible to discern the numbers of people who see and oppose the insanity we are headed towards. Are there a few? Are there many? I simply do not know.

But I remain optimistic, because that is my nature. But I also worry whether I've converted such optimism into delusion.

If you run it by the numbers, history is against us. What the US achieved was exceptional. But as one founding father famously said...we might not be able to keep it.

So I'm preparing for the worst, while hoping for the best. That's the best I can do.

Good luck to us all. We are going to need it.

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Unfortunately the People are now a large part of the problem.

My Daughter convinced me to go to a restaurant yesterday without mask which I have not been out in years now. We saw a huge sign on the door about the required mask but went in, the waitress was really nice said nothing and seated us. She
seemed glad tp have customers who did not come in masked as she was forced to be.

Some of the customers though glared daggers at us! Many did not but some did.
Now think about it, the wearing of a mask for a few feet from the door to the table the STUPIDITY of this!
The fact that some of these people are disgusted by someone not wearing the fruitless scrap amazes and saddens me!

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

I live in rural Florida. We have been without masks so long, that almost no one wears a mask in the area where I live.

I went into a store the other day, in an area that would be considered inner city, and I saw the most number of people wearing masks than I have seen in over 8 months.

It looked weird, though no one seemed to care either way.

I wear a mask at work, which is often a hospital setting, and wearing one is required. I have no problem with that.

Since a portion of my job requires collecting of potential evidence, wearing a mask, gown, and gloves, has always been required in my job.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
This was not a Rant , but the effort to get the truth out .

Whether its the truth or not is up to the reader. I just wrote how I saw things from my perspective and what I felt about it.

Reading through the countless threads on this subject (I may not participate much, but I do read almost every thread on ATS) what is apparent to me is that depending on where you live, you may see a lot of covid cases or none at all. You may see people dying from the shot or dying from the virus, you may see a lot of restrictions or none at all. Just like with the virus, your experience may very.

But there is one truth that we all can agree on hopefully. We need to accept that this life we're currently living is not a happy one and it needs to change.

The only way that can happen and we all can get back to normal is through compromising on the things that will allow us to get back to normal.

These are the truths as I see them.

Thanks you!
blend

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

I have been tempted to write up a post like this in the last few days, what put me in the writing mood is the breaking up of families over this virus.

The media and world governments have manipulated the data and information to such a point that it is literally dividing families.

This is all just insanely wrong and needs to stop.

Write one up! I'll be interested in hearing you POV on how this pandemic has divided families and I have some thoughts I can contribute to that conversation as well.

Looking forward to reading it!
blend

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

I'll be honest, I think we are nowhere close to that yet. I feel like we are in the second act of this horror show, and the final act has yet to be played.

Even though we are bathed in constant information, I personally feel like I'm on a deserted island in the middle of the Pacific. I find it impossible to discern the numbers of people who see and oppose the insanity we are headed towards. Are there a few? Are there many? I simply do not know.

But I remain optimistic, because that is my nature.

Keep being optimistic. Just as the tide ebbs and flows, so does life itself. Just make sure you don't fall off the surfboard while you're riding the waves in.

Keep your head up. It'll get better.

blend

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 12:10 AM
link   

The nation is most definitely divided and it's kept this way by instigators in key places on the Internet and in the media. Good post.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

There are also instigators in key places in government.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 09:17 PM
link   

The Bonds We Are Being Forced to Wear

Your use of capital letters made me think this thread was about James Bond T-shirts or something.

Disappointed.

top topics

join