It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get ready folks, its coming your way soon, better buy beer now

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

A lot of people dont realize how fragile things really are. When you are a manufacturer and you cant get parts for a machine because of shortages, now whatever you were making with that machine cant be made, and possibly that widget will keep other things from being made, its a cascade effect. If you have enough shortages of key elements to manufacturing, it can be a chain reaction that really causes a crisis. I dont think we are quite there yet, but we HAVE to stop relying on foreign supply chains and start manufacturing things here ASAP.

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   
My family doesn't drink beer. If everything went belly up, it would make a good trade/barter item.

I keep hearing about shortages coming. Well I live in the NE on a hill with no back alley. Winter is right around the corner. I had my husband pick up five 20 pound bags rock salt so everyone can safely get up and down the cement steps that lead up to our house. I don't know how long that will last, since this will be our first year in our new home.

I figure better get it now rather than when you actually need it. By then the stores will be out of stock from people buying it, because a lot of people forget about it until the snow really hits. If there is a supply shortage, then there might not be any later on.

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mystery_Lady
My family doesn't drink beer. If everything went belly up, it would make a good trade/barter item.

I keep hearing about shortages coming. Well I live in the NE on a hill with no back alley. Winter is right around the corner. I had my husband pick up five 20 pound bags rock salt so everyone can safely get up and down the cement steps that lead up to our house. I don't know how long that will last, since this will be our first year in our new home.

I figure better get it now rather than when you actually need it. By then the stores will be out of stock from people buying it, because a lot of people forget about it until the snow really hits. If there is a supply shortage, then there might not be any later on.

A good stock up item would be cans of tuna and flour to make bread.

Seems in this country they are talking about a heavy increase of wholesale prices in the flour industry.

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 10:10 PM
link   
POST REMOVED BY STAFF
edit on Sun Nov 14 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

How will you pay for things with your gold? Where will you hide it? What will be the point of its cash value when cash has no more value?

edit on 15/11/21 by Astyanax because: /

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I built a small house in the country about 5 years ago as a place to get away from it all and relax and unwind.

Since January I've been fortifying it and adding all the "comforts" of home. Extra bathroom, larger hot water heater, air conditioning, a very large generator, downstairs room to stock up on canned goods, extremely heavy duty doors both front & back, etc.

Not sure how to fortify the windows without blocking the natural light I love so much. I'll figure something out.

If the sh#t hits the fan and any of you are in or near Sullivan County, NY and you need to place to ride it out - let me know. I'm a generous person by nature and if there's room, you're welcome to come.

ETA - Don't show up uninvited. I also have a pretty good collection of rifles, shotguns and pistols. I also have friends who know how to use them as well as I do. And I can't vouch for their patience...

edit on 11/15/2021 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Thank fook for that. All work and no beer makes this freek unhappy.

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Thank fook for that. All work and no beer makes this freek unhappy.

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 04:31 AM
link   

edit on 11/17/2021 by TheRedneck because: REMOVED FOR SPAM

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join