It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glen de Vries, co-founder of Medidata dies in small plane crash.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: ColoradoTemplar

That’s because it will be months before they know anything. These planes aren’t required to carry recorders so they’re going to have to go by ADS-B and radar data, and carefully scrutinizing the wreckage, including tearing apart the engine and checking all the control cables.

Could an EMP gun take down a cessna or are they grounded in a way like a faraday cage?

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   

It could, but general aviation has a pretty sketchy maintenance history. I follow a group that tracks accidents and there are four or five posts a day from various areas.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

It is quite ironic this happened or just a case of bad luck being in the wrong place at the wrong time or like you said poor maintenance, but he was with a flight instructor and you would think they checked everything?

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Student pilots have been known to get aircraft into trouble before. It could have been something that happened while low and slow, which means very little time to react. Or something that they couldn’t really check without it going through maintenance.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I wonder if there was a mayday call for help? In your circles have you heard anything?

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I don't think a instructor would let a student take over an airplane if they are in a vulnerable position.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: graysquirrel

The student does most of the flying, and can misjudge and get them into the bad position. It’s happened a lot. It’s not the instructor letting them take over in a bad position, it’s the student getting them into a bad position he can’t get them out of.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Not yet. I follow a couple channels that may have something in a day or two.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 06:54 PM
link   

What I meant was that an instructor will, with the exceptions of landings and takeoffs, always keep the plane at a nice safe high altitude. Giving him a nice cushion to recover from mistakes.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: graysquirrel

There’s been more than one that got into trouble and couldn’t recover. It’s not common, but can and does occasionally happen. But we don’t know anything yet, other than they crashed.

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 12:31 AM
link   

I do agree that if the instructor lets the plane get to low and/or was not paying attention to the dynamics of the situation you can have an unrecoverable situation and a crash.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Wonder if he was vaxxed or not?

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It was a 25 mile flight, that they climbed to 6,000 feet for. Right at the end of the flight, the altitude is showing steady, but the ground speed cut in half or so. There was no post crash fire, and the aircraft appeared intact.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The last reported ADS-B data showed them descending from 4700 feet to just over 4300 feet, with a ground speed of 18-19 knots, which could indicate a steep descent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join