It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minnesota Covid data vaccinated vs unvaccinated

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot
It trumps it for me!

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

This post is about data, not delusion. It prevents infection/transmission in most covid strains, not Delta though.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 04:22 AM
link   

I'm an RN, I work with patients daily, you're wrong. You don't care about data, not the thread for you.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
I suppose its all about which article you read.

The analysis further suggests that whether an infected individual is themselves fully vaccinated or unvaccinated makes little or no difference to how infectious they are to their household contacts.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I know of 16 fully vaxxed people who passed it around friends and family.....in the real world.

Just because you state that you are a RN, does not make what I know, untrue.

edit on 13-11-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 04:39 AM
link   

That article is Oct 2021, which is after Delta. The vaccine does not prevent infection/transmission of Delta, like I already said.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

That article is Oct 2021, which is after Delta. The vaccine does not prevent infection/transmission of Delta, like I already said.

You better take it with scepticscot who posted an even later article here:

It looks like being vaccinated dramatically reduces transmission.

www.newscientist.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 04:54 AM
link   

I'm an RN, I work with patients daily, you're wrong. You don't care about data, not the thread for you.

So what am I wrong about?

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

So what am I wrong about?

So far everything. You think logical fallacies make good arguments. Your experience does not trump actual data.

You better take it with scepticscot who posted an even later article here:

Why would I? The article doesn't say the vaccine prevents infection/transmission, only lowers the risk, which is accurate. Prior to Delta the vaccine greatly reduced infection, and then was 50% more effective than it currently is at preventing transmission for the few who got infected. The vaccine still helps, just not nearly as effectively as it once did at stopping infection/transmission.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 05:06 AM
link   
You replied to my post (which was a reply to scepticscot btw) which said that I know of 16 fully vaxxed people who passed it around friends and family.

You said that I am wrong.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 05:10 AM
link   

You are wrong in thinking your personal experience is more important than the overall picture of what is going on. You don't get that, this is not the thread for you. There are plenty of other threads that already prefer to ignore data and lie about what the numbers say. Unless you can get back on topic, which is the data, and either give an analysis of the numbers presented or present your own with sources there won't be another reply.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 05:11 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Personally I chose to get vaxxed because it originally prevented illness/transmission.

You didn't choose to get vaxxed because it 'originally prevented transmission'.

You were told a lot of things that were not true.......it never did prevent transmission.

That's why some people are waiting......for the trial results......because no one knows what the vaccine is capable of.

I just love the way you push these vaxs......and then say 'I don't believe in mandates' and 'I won't have a booster'.

I just read about Dr. Sohrab Lutchmedial.

www.newscientist.com...

Yea not gonna lie I take anything for established UK media with a grain of salt. AS has been mentioned perhaps there is something else that drives cases on a local and even a state level. Again how does unvaxxed Georgia with 13% fewer vaccinated persons have significantly fewer cases? Georgia's population is double Minnesota's. It's a logical conclusion that natural immunity is at least playing some part, cause Georgia has been opened up with no restrictions for a while. Just highlights ANOTHER reason why national mandates and restrictions are BS.

To me, it just goes through waves, and sooner or later everybody takes the hit, and then it goes away.

Secondly, the question at least for me if the difference between vaxxed and unvaxxed is so small, its insignificant statistically

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Personally I chose to get vaxxed because it originally prevented illness/transmission.

You were told a lot of things that were not true.......it never did prevent transmission.

That's why some people are waiting......for the trial results......because no one knows what the vaccine is capable of.

I just love the way you push these vaxs......and then say 'I don't believe in mandates' and 'I won't have a booster'.

www.newscientist.com...

Yea not gonna lie I take anything for established UK media with a grain of salt. AS has been mentioned perhaps there is something else that drives cases on a local and even a state level. Again how does unvaxxed Georgia with 13% fewer vaccinated persons have significantly fewer cases? Georgia's population is double Minnesota's. It's a logical conclusion that natural immunity is at least playing some part, cause Georgia has been opened up with no restrictions for a while. Just highlights ANOTHER reason why national mandates and restrictions are BS.

To me, it just goes through waves, and sooner or later everybody takes the hit, and then it goes away.

Secondly, the question at least for me if the difference between vaxxed and unvaxxed is so small, its insignificant statistically

I think there are a huge number of variables that affect covid cases & outcomes between locations and naturally immunity absolutely plays a major part.

The numbers just show that the number of cases and serious outcomes are dramatically reduced amongst the vaccinated.

ETA and I would agree that in most cases local more targeted measures are better than a national one size fits all strategy.

edit on 13-11-2021 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   

www.newscientist.com...

I think there are a huge number of variables that affect covid cases & outcomes between locations and naturally immunity absolutely plays a major part.

The numbers just show that the number of cases and serious outcomes are dramatically reduced amongst the vaccinated.

ETA and I would agree that in most cases local more targeted measures are better than a national one size fits all strategy.

well again the difference in. The high in cases before vaccines 7 day average nationally was 250,468 on January 8th,

The high of170,590 cases on a 7-day average nationally post vaccines on September 13th. 80,000 case difference that said in Alabama for instance cases peaked higher after vaccinations than the previous high. To me this is the point we have enough data points now to see what may of may not work at a state or city level.

Working on the state-to-state differences I'm already seeing states that post-vaccine high is actually higher than the pre-vaccine high. Like with the national picture of hotpots for cases per 100,000 generally the southeast least vaccinated show lighter fewer cases than the northeast or midwest and both those areas again generally have much higher vaccination rates. SO when I hear the blanket statement vaccine lessen cases while it may be correct on a national level YMMV at the state, county, and city level.

usafacts.org...

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   

www.newscientist.com...

well again the difference in. The high in cases before vaccines 7 day average nationally was 250,468 on January 8th,

The high of170,590 cases on a 7-day average nationally post vaccines on September 13th. 80,000 case difference that said in Alabama for instance cases peaked higher after vaccinations than the previous high. To me this is the point we have enough data points now to see what may of may not work at a state or city level.

Working on the state-to-state differences I'm already seeing states that post-vaccine high is actually higher than the pre-vaccine high. Like with the national picture of hotpots for cases per 100,000 generally the southeast least vaccinated show lighter fewer cases than the northeast or midwest and both those areas again generally have much higher vaccination rates. SO when I hear the blanket statement vaccine lessen cases while it may be correct on a national level YMMV at the state, county, and city level.

usafacts.org...

Problem is if you are looking a comparing one location to another, or one time period to another you are ignoring all those other variables.

What restrictions were in place, were they enforced, what variant of covid, what was base level of infections at start of the period, what was happening on neighboring areas etc.

High level look at overall cases doesnt really answer how effectivective a vaccine is or isn't.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   

a reply to: tanstaafl

I don't need 'belief', it's my actual life.

It is hilarious that you believe that your one anecdotal experience ass-u-me-s that it is the same everywhere - especially when you know or damn well should know that it isn't.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 11:57 AM
link   

The vaccine does not prevent infection/transmission of Delta, like I already said.

Or any other variants to come... while natural immunity protects you far better, and from all of them...

Long before I'll take any of these experimental jabs, I'll just expose myself to the real thing and acquire natural immunity - like my Mom did for me for Chicken Pox and Measles when I was a kid...

Thanks Mom!

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   

www.newscientist.com...

usafacts.org...

Problem is if you are looking a comparing one location to another, or one time period to another you are ignoring all those other variables.

What restrictions were in place, were they enforced, what variant of covid, what was base level of infections at start of the period, what was happening on neighboring areas etc.

High level look at overall cases doesnt really answer how effectivective a vaccine is or isn't.

Funny how you omitted that I said I'm working on the same thing state to state I've already seen 4 I'm through the I's BTW $ states where post-vaccination case totals are higher than the state's previous peak(s) others are equal or just below those totals. I can even go down the county level.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   

www.newscientist.com...

usafacts.org...

Funny how you omitted that I said I'm working on the same thing state to state I've already seen 4 I'm through the I's BTW $ states where post-vaccination case totals are higher than the state's previous peak(s) others are equal or just below those totals. I can even go down the county level.

I didn't omit it, I posted out comparing overall cases location to location doesn't give you an answer. You can do 2 locations you can do 200 it still doesn't give you an answer.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join