It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do Women Want, it's not Money!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
OK, time for some truth. I'm not trying to be sexist or misogynistic, but here we go.
(These are facts, by the way.)
Women will moan endlessly about how men are shallow. "Men are pigs!" "There aren't any nice guys out there!"
Yet studies and surveys have proven conclusively that women are turned on and attracted to "bad boy" types.
They don't even want one of these elusive "nice guys". Apparently, in reality, they want "a pig". Hypocrisy?

It's also common knowledge in psychology that men discuss things, while women discuss people. One example is music.
Surveys have shown overwhelmingly that men will like a musical group for the music. Women will like a group because "the singer is hot", or "the band members are sexy".

I think men are misunderstanding "bad boy".

It is ALPHA MALE....not bad boy. We want a tough manly man....and it seems beta boys interpret that as a bad boy when it is merely just being a manly man alpha male. I loathe beta boys. I love alpha men...who are tough and manly and love guns and trucks and yes, are financially sound and not lazy. Alpha men also have soft sides, but they are not on full display like beta boys - they have control of their emotions when out in public....they dont need to always show their soft side to the world. That does not make them pigs. That whole rant sounds like jealousy of alpha men....it really does. That is the rant coming from a beta male...a millennial beta male. lol

I am not sure what surveys you are looking at.....I am a GenXer....so maybe you are looking at an entirely different generation than I am part of. I dont know any woman of my generation...or my circle of friends who listens to music based on what a singer looks like. lol That sounds like millennials or GenZ

As far as Bezos and Leo....I think they are cut from the same cloth. Leo may look a bit nicer than Beto...but Beto's wife has had so much work on her face, she is close to becoming the infamous plastic surgery nightmare catoman
edit on 2021 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 08:55 PM
link   
How did Oscar Wild put it, they want to be loved, not understood, which is why men are stupid.
edit on 12-11-2021 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Proto88
How did Oscar Wild put it, they want to be loved, not understood, which is why men are stupid.

Women want the same respect that men show to other men.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Men only show respect to other men out of fear or insecurity.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 06:24 PM
link   
A girlfriend who doesn't have a dick or desire to have one sewn on would be nice.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

You are either living in the dark ages or you are talking about the teenage demographic with a lot of this, especially the music comments.

I'm fully aware of the day and age I'm living in, and I'm not talking about only teenage women. Women overwhelmingly will favor a man based on his looks, versus talent or 'substance', be it an actor, a musician, a politician, or a plumber. Name the occupation or discipline, they'll go with the men they find physically attractive, over 80% of the time. It's not debatable. I could link pages of studies.

These "women" you quote... your "facts" sound like your personal, bitter experience and represents just a tiny fraction of women as a group.

I'm not talking from 'bitter experience' at all. Your assumptions are unfounded.

You may not be "trying" to be sexist or misogynist but you are "being" sexist and misogynist.

No, I'm telling the truth.

edit on 13-11-2021 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: HilterDayon

I respect someone until they give me a reason not to. That's not out of fear, it just makes everything easier. Maybe the latter could be perceived as insecurity, but I'd argue walking around with a chip on one's shoulder is insecure.

Admiration on the other hand has to be earned, and it's rare. That doesn't mean I agree with someone on everything (often times the opposition). But I know their intentions for the most part are good, and they adhere to some form of code even when it doesn't fit their immediate self interest.

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: HilterDayon

This is completely true in my experience. It's taken me 5yrs to earn the respect, yet it only takes a day or two to intimidate a male into thinking twice about crossing me. It is in fact a running joke from Men I work with. because compassion is still perceived as weakness, it's best that it's judiciously applied.
Granted I work in Neanderthal Central, where the men will eat their own for lunch "just because".

All that out of the way, being Female, while everyone has their own definition of "Hot" speaking for myself it's a guy who demonstrates absolute mastery over a skill. Doesn't even matter what that skill is. Whether it's mechanical or Coding or Gardening. Someone who enjoys something to the degree that they go balls to the wall up to their butts in it is just the most engaging thing!

edit on 14-11-2021 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

What do women wont? Apparently, SHOES.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join