It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'U.S. Finished Dead Last Amongst 46 Countries In Media Trust'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Why would they come for journalists? They are bought and paid for purveyors of propaganda and whatever other bullsh!t the government/corporations want to push. I hear suicide by jab is the new push. The journalists wouldn't tell you "who" they came for anyway. I just refer to these zero credibility scumbags as "presstitutes."

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Why would they come for journalists?

Think it might be referring to honest (or at least objective) journalists being corrupted back in the day.

In addition ,the history of the U.S. media shows unsettling developments,not least of which is penetration by the intelligence community. 

By the early 1950s,the CIA had cosy relationships with most major media executives in America. 
The most significant of these were with the New York Times, Washington Post, Christian Science Monitor, New York Herald Tribune, Saturday Evening Post, Miami Herald, Time-Life, CBS News, Scripps-Howard Newspapers, Hearst Newspapers, The Associated Press, United Press International, The Mutual Broadcasting System and Reuters. 
In addition ,the CIA had major ownership over many proprietary publications throughtout Europe,Asia and the Americas. 

By the early 1970s the agency admitted to having working relationships with over four hundred American journalists. 

Consider the possiblities with four hundred strategically placed people throughout the mainstream media. 

There is evidence that this relationship continues.

This CFR list also makes for some pretty depressing listening when it comes to wholly corrupted journalism.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 12:18 AM
link   
These 6 Corporations Control 90% Of The Media In America

Mika Brzezinski said it best...
"... to “Control Exactly What People Think”, “That is Our Job”

Propaganda (Ministry of Truth) (5min compilation clip)

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow

Propaganda (Ministry of Truth) (5min compilation clip)

Hey great vid and do love me a bit of Howard Beale (best newsreader of all time) - also some extremely relevant footage there from the Church Committee which sits quite well with this article from Watergate journalist Carl Bernstein (published in Rolling Stone magazine - 1977).

The CIA And Media

Excerpts:

The CIA even ran a formal training program in the 1950s to teach its agents to be journalists. Intelligence officers were "taught to make noises like reporters," explained a high CIA official, and were then placed in major news organizations with help from management.

'These were the guys who went through the ranks and were told, "You're going to be a journalist," the CIA official said. Relatively few of the 400-some relationships described in Agency files followed that pattern, however; most involved persons who were already bona fide journalists when they began undertaking tasks for the Agency.

Looks like this author exposing NCOs (Non-official cover) in the news media didn't last long and also thought the vid below was an important one as Richard Dolan brings up quite a few uncomfortable facts for the Norman Normals of this world.

Media Control & Mockingbird Today.

Even after all these years, Operation Mockingbird, the CIA program to infiltrate and control U.S. journalism, is still not well known. Officially, Mockingbird ended in the 1970s after it was exposed. In reality, control over our establishment media is deeper and more insidious than ever before. 

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

It becomes better when you turn off all the news channel.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: HawkEyi

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 09:14 AM
link   

a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

A good friend of mine told me that if I wanted to get the best real news possible, that I should watch Al Jezeera.

So I did.

And he's right.

How pathetic is that?

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 11:49 PM
link   
And the U.S. News Media will lie to all of us when paid money to do so. When Pharmaceutical companies were attempting to get everyone vaccinated, they paid many news outlets and influential individuals to LIE. Now that almost everyone who will allow themselves to be vaccinated has been injected with the experimental drugs, the News Media is becoming more honest.

EXAMPLE:
image courtesy of "CrankyOldMan".

I hope the media pays dearly for what they've done to Americans. They have much blood on their hands, just like China and Fauci.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

And the U.S. News Media will lie to all of us when paid money to do so.

Yes, you're not wrong about that.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

I kind of find it hard to believe that even 29% believe anything they say. I really miss the days of guys like Walter Kronkite. Not once did I ever feel he had lied to me.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 08:41 PM
link   
River of Deceit
Mad Season

My pain is self-chosen
At least, so the prophet says
I could either burn
Or cut off my pride and buy some time
A head full of lies is the weight, tied to my waist
The river of deceit pulls down, oh oh
The only direction we flow is down
Down, oh down
Down, oh down
Down, oh down
Down, oh down
My pain is self-chosen
At least I believe it to be
I could either drown
Or pull off my skin and swim to shore
Now I can grow a beautiful shell for all to see
The river of deceit pulls…

too many lies and too many believers. i think this is broad enough.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

I really miss the days of guys like Walter Kronkite.

Not once did I ever feel he had lied to me.

It's about CIA 'pseudo- environments' (and UFOs) but did think Journalist Terry Hansen raised some important points below about Walter Cronkite's 'UFOs: Friend, Foe or Fantasy?' UFO debunking TV programme.

Turns out that TV programme was a classic piece of CIA precision propaganda and Michael Swords did some great work uncovering the relevant documentation.

Also seem to remember claims about Walter being the voice on the microphone at this freaky gathering in the woods - would you say it sounds like him?

4:40

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

U.S. has finished dead last in voter intelligence too, if its true that a man with Dementia was voted into the Presidency...in a landslide, no less.

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Unthinkable a few decades ago (but not really a shocker these days) it looks like a large majority of U.S. citizens now feel their corporate media is 'the least trustworthy in the world'.. according to a new Reuters Institute survey encompassing 46 countries. 

US just finished dead last among 46 countries in media trust — here's why

Why doesn't this surprise me in the least?

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 09:00 AM
link   

MSNBC Reporter in Ukraine educating others on the weapons of war.

Quick Video: twitter.com...

What is the "fast mover" he's referencing? A weapon? Ammo? Tank?

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 11:49 PM
link   

July 5, 2022

Stunning but not surprising.

Approval and Trust of U.S. Mainstream Media is down to 11%.

Only 11% of Americans feel good about the job our Established media is doing.

Gallop Survey Results: www.breitbart.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Gallop Survey Results:

www.breitbart.com...

Thanks for the updated poll mate and thought this quote from the article just about summed things up.

Americans’ confidence in the establishment media comes as many narratives have been debunked.

If you can find a copy then thought this book was a truly excellent one and should be required reading for everybody (also maybe worth looking into the author's untimely death).

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 01:16 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join