It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How society is crumbling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Ever heard of death by a thousand cuts? I think this is exactly what is happening to America right now.

We all know Covid was the catalyst, but there is so much more.
So how does the cookie crumble?

Pillars of Society are being attacked at every angle, some already crumbling. I think we all know it is happening but when you gather everything up, it is so profound..

-Doctors/Nurses/hospital systems, overworked, strikes, burnout all over.

-All forms of security like the Police, laws not being enforced. Folks, we like to laugh at San Francisco but this is happening ALL over the US. Don’t believe it, just talk to someone that works in a store. Many of these place WILL NOT prosecute so People Shoplift, The police can’t do anything if the stores don’t prosecute, and we all pay higher prices. Shoplifting is light, but with defunding the police we are talking about all crimes like murder going up.

-Teachers and schools are throwing in the towel

coloradosun.com...

Some Denver-area schools are closing, going remote this week due to staff shortages

Many schools are going back to remote learning because teachers are “stretched too thin” Again, if you don’t believe it, talk to a teacher. When you talk to a teacher have a talk about the mental health of the nations kids. You know what they say, children are our future. Have we given up on our children? What is freaking happening?

Goods and services. There have been disruption and delays, but in my eyes this has not YET collapsed. This is the one, when it goes, and I mean really goes, people are going to go LOCO. I have never in all my years seen as a collective people telling other people to start growing food. It is downright scary. I’ve gardened a long time. There is nothing more scary than to think that people have to grow their own food for survival. Many people will not be able to do it. My only suggestion, if all the stores closed down around you tomorrow, what would you need the most. Think of what people in the old days needed most. Good boots/shoes, warm clothing, warm bedding.

Logistics - I put this between goods and services because they are so connected. Talk to anyone in the trucking industry. There are scary things happening, things none of us have seen in our lifetime.

Transportation. So many things are hitting this one. Lack of chips for new vehicles. The skyrocketing cost of cars and gas. Infrastructure that is going to be “fixed”. A cynical part of me wonders if this is just to actually rip up good roads to shut them down and “control” things.
Public transportation that is getting worse, not better.

Sorry folks, I know this is deep for a Friday. We need to wake up, to prepare, to protect our family. I really feel like life as we know it in America has changed and is changing for the worse. There is this nagging thought I can’t shake no matter how hard I try. I feel like we are going to be living how our grandparents had to. It will be more about survival than anything.

edit on 12-11-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 08:36 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Ever heard of death by a thousand cuts? I think this is exactly what is happening to America right now.

Yes. You are at war without any side having openly declared it mainly because your government and big tech and msm and Hollywood and sports institutions and intelligence agencies and your education system from top to bottom and your justice system are compromised and rotten to the core.

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The population is being splintered by ideological factions. If we can't work together, everything goes to hell. All worthwhile institutions thrive in a cooperative environment. You need look no further than ATS to see the future. You can feel the hatred!
edit on 12-11-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The only way America can be saved is a coup d'état but the military is compromised too.
The US navy have just named a ship after some homosexual guy who groomed a 16 year old boy, who then later killed himself.
You really couldn't make this up.

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Yes. You are at war without any side having openly declared it mainly because your government and big tech and msm and Hollywood and sports institutions and intelligence agencies and your education system from top to bottom and your justice system are compromised and rotten to the core.

Actually, it's not just that they are rotten to the core and corrupt as hell. They are cowards. Rather than declare their intentions openly they have become traitors and terrorists. They work through manufactured fear/terror and extortion while using the hidden war of attrition to obtain their goals. If you approach them straight up, all you get is lies and denial, because they can't face you head on.

If they have the balls, they can openly declare war on any of us that fought and killed in overseas misadventures and find out what it's like inviting us to their doorsteps. We have seen things that can't be unseen, done things that can't be undone... and we can do them again.

They are cowards, nothing but pissant little cowards.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

You're right UncleB.

And if you look at politicians worldwide they all espouse this same trait of spineless conniving.

All the asslickers got promoted at the expense of tradition, culture and values.

It's prevalent in the workplace too.

Meanwhile, secret society types are pleading ignorance or are complicit.

Look at a group like the masons. Apparently we have some higher level ones on this site.

They can't tell you what is going on and who is doing what.

Some believe the election wasn't rigged.

In times like these, then what is the purpose of a secret society I ask you?

The western world is merely collapsing, no big deal.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
The population is being splintered by ideological factions. If we can't work together, everything goes to hell. All worthwhile institutions thrive in a cooperative environment. You need look no further than ATS to see the future. You can feel the hatred!

Here's the problem with that, who "owns" the umbrella under which we should come together? It is proven that we cant trust our "leaders" who are in positions past generations universally handed their trust to... the "leaders" squandered and abused that trust to the point where only a damn fool would trust them now. What is now called "science" has become so politicized and monetized that it is no longer trustworthy. The office of celebrity in the US used to carry a weight of leading by example in times of crisis to encourage society to follow suit... well, that's now a joke considering celebrities today are among the most divisive and hateful individuals out there.

Again I have to say I think the most sensible solution here is a relatively amicable divorce.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Again I have to say I think the most sensible solution here is a relatively amicable divorce.

Granted, you take the house and kids, I'll take the car and dog.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 05:08 PM
link   
We know the police have been enormously hampered, handcuffed, defunded and demoralized because of isolated incidents involving a few bad apples.

Many many MANY people failed to grasp the big picture with the "defund the police" idiocy, and now we see the consequences with reduced response times and major spikes in violent crime across the country (I believe where I live near NYC the rise in homicides in '21 has been something like 30% YOY). The attempted demolition of a robust law enforcement apparatus in this country should have been very strongly resisted by all of us. This was preventable, but feelz and woke-ness got in the way of rationale thinking and understanding the big picture.

The supply chain issue deal has been a building, intensifying problem for years now. AGAIN totally predictable that offshoring virtually all production of goods, and this "Just In Time!" idiotic logistics strategy, was a bomb waiting to go off. COVID lit the fuse. So basically profit seeking for top echelons of business dictated policy (choose cheap foreign labor and shift manufacturing overseas) in a way that has put, really, the safety and security of this country at risk. Again, I say this in every one of these posts, nobody seemed to be paying attention at how China eventually acquired agreements to manufacture 90% of antibiotics (and this is just one example) that is used by US citizens. Just imagine what happens if China and the US start trading shots. People in the US that rely on medication for long-term health issues will be casualties of that conflict, without even being on the battlefield. This is just one example, whether you want to bring up computer chips, clothing, electronics, parts for vehicles, there are almost no consumer niches not impacted by this.

The incessant, unstoppable tsunami of "Gloablization!" has lead us to where were at.

We had a closed-loop, self-dependent Shangri-La of a nation, that could produce and distribute virtually every good that people could need, with a few exceptions. Now look at us. We are getting all of our medicine from our biggest geopolitical rival.

But more "Russia! Russia! Russia!" that ought to take the pols minds off of reality for a short while.

What we have is a mixture of self-inflicted wounds (offshoaring), long-term social engineering schemes by the WEF/Davos/Rockefeller/Rothschild crowd, and of course some measure of strategic help at destabilization from China. Not to mention the political rhetoric and escalating intra-national squabbling that is building to a crescendo.

If we manage to dig ourselves out, it will a long long time, and eggs will be cracked to make the new omelette of restoring the old status-quo, you best believe it.

top topics

join