It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

thinking about ufos again

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Kreeate

Looking forward to reading a synoptic point of smell (view) from your readings if possible…..how it may compare to your experience as you remembered it……… no pressure!

👽🛸🤓🍹

edit on 13-11-2021 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The paper is well written and contains a lot of technical information. Unfortunately the study was based on a very limited number of reported cases.

The presence of a distinct smell during UFO experiences seem to be rare, or rather, underreported.
My particular case involved the smell of, what I later discovered to be, ozone.
The case study only had one reported incident of this particular odor.
This paper has started me on a whole new avenue of research.
Thanks to Ophiuchus1 for the link and for putting me on this new path.

While lightning researchers say that a foul sulfury smell is detected after a lightning strike,
they don’t explain the chemical mechanism leading to the production of the sulfidic odorants.
All we can say is that if the UFO generates a corona discharge around its surface, then it could
cause reactions in the air leading to known pungent odors like ozone
, NO, and NO2.
Generation of surplus ozone (due to a corona discharge or ultraviolet ray emissions) could
also produce other odorants like formaldehyde. Methane is present in air at high enough levels
(1.0 ppm) to potentially react and create formaldehyde at the required odor threshold level of 0.5
ppm. Ozone could act as the catalyst for these reactions.

While the predominant descriptors were sulfidic, pungent and foul,
other descriptors included metallic, chemical, embalming fluid, camphor, tannic acid, ether,
ozone and ammonia like.

Source (thanks to Ophiuchus1)

edit on 13-11-2021 by Kreeate because: format

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: saskwatch

the subject of ufos is hard to talk about,

Capital letters seem even harder.

You start sentences with UPPERCASE letter, you write acronyms with completely uppercase letters, as in 'UFOs', not 'ufos'.

Even your own name is not capitalized? Are you some kind of rebel against proper grammar or good english? Are you an enemy to clear communication and good writing?

I can't take seriously someone, who can't even use one single capital letter in their whole post.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina

some kind of rebel against proper grammar or good english?

Excuse me, the word English in your sentence should be capitalized.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 03:40 PM
link   

edit on 14-1-2022 by saturnsghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I have a personal experience with a ufo. or what I believe to be a ufo. It was high in the sky and very large moving fast with no contrail and I watched it go over the mountain then seconds later came back over the tree line moving very fast. there is no way an ordinary plane could turn around that fast and that quick. and there was also no noise coming from this object. I've always wondered what this object was. I should also note this object had no wings or anything.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 05:40 PM
link   
It seems to be more about the journey then the destination with them.

If we ever came close to knowing or having a clue on anything accurate or factual on the Ws. It might cause problems, even though said unknown seems pretty keen on trolling the human race...gently too.

<< 1   >>

join