It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaffe Machine Brandon Turns Racist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   
www.newsweek.com...

Comments made by President Joe Biden about Satchel Paige during a Veterans Day speech Thursday caused an immediate debate on social media about whether he referred to the baseball legend as "the great negro" or had simply misspoken.

Paige, a Black pitcher in baseball's Negro Leagues before breaking into Major League Baseball late into his career, is considered by many to be one of the greatest to ever play his position.

During his speech at Arlington National Cemetery, Biden said he had "adopted the attitude of the great Negro—at the time—pitcher in the Negro leagues, went on to become a great pitcher in the pros in Major League Baseball after Jackie Robinson, his name was Satchel Paige. And Satchel Paige on his 47th birthday pitched a win against Chicago."

So what should happen here and what will happen here? I think folks on both sides of the aisle will acknowledge that such a comment made by virtually any white Conservative would yield massive backlash and outrage amidst claims of blunt racism had they said something like this. It strikes me that the so-called "American Racial Reckoning" of 2020 seems to have missed the mark and somehow bypassed close examination of those belonging to the party which spawned the KKK and fought tooth and nail against the Civil Rights Act 60 years ago: that of course being the Democratic Party of the United States. Perhaps it is time for that reckoning to resume, this time centered on the actual problem children in this country? Considering Biden is among the members of that party who routinely disparage African Americans and other minorities by pushing programs that clearly don't believe minorities can succeed straight up against Whites and constantly reinforce that message by endorsing programs that degrade the minorities into a "we will care for you" status. In other words, Biden needs to find a mirror before he talks about the impacts of racism in this country again because he is clearly leading racists by example at this point.

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I think the answer to that can be found within another question....

Why doesn't Joe Biden sniff black children??

🤷🏻‍♂️

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Satch didn't vote for Joey, so he ain't black.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   
There has to be an Obama facepalm photo out there that would suit the memes for this one.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Cause he likes white meat

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 03:43 PM
link   
If Trump would have said that it would be all over the 6 O'clock news and there would be riots.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I've spent a few minutes talking with people who think Rittenhouse should rot in jail, and that he brazenly murdered 3 people and has a crooked judge trying to get him off scott free.

Based on that, i'd say the people you want to respond to this will never even hear of it.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Why is it okay to say "black" in English but not "negro" in Spanish?

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Racist Biden flying his true "colors" again and again 😃

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Why would you think it is ? 🦇

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   

If Trump would have said that it would be all over the 6 O'clock news and there would be riots.
a reply to: ColoradoTemplar

And nobody here would have posted it. If it was posted, you all would claim among other things...Nothing better to do? Not what he said, not what he meant, he was just trolling the dems, and I agree with him so good for him...

Do you think the noise from windmills causes cancer?

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 04:12 PM
link   
...and Obama is the "Clean African American".

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Hell and that's Joey trying to be nice, presidential, and respectful, imagine what he says about Kamala or Barack? or more importantly what he really really thinks...

Hell people I knew not to say that when I was 6 years old...

edit on 11-11-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Nothing will happen because Biden is a democrat.

Biden should just be glad he didn't bring lack unemployment to record lows like Donald Trump did, because the democrats hated Trump for it and called him a racist.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Turns? As in present tense?

I think it's pretty well established that train left the underground railroad station long ago.
edit on 11-11-2021 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Why would you think it is ? 🦇

I asked first.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   

a reply to: TzarChasm

Who said it isnt? I have seen paint or stains maybe labeled negro. Who says it is not ok to say? I think sometimes you guys make up problems where none exist.

I think that since Trump took over the republican party, you have no platform. It is only whatever Trump wants. Trump likes divisiveness, so you have republicans rallying about CRT, which is not taught in schools. Parents being in control of schools curriculum, was not an issue ever. Josh Hawley railing about the demasculinity of men? ted cruz crying about Big Bird lol
I think this might be thread drift or lead too it, so delete if necessary.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FunshineCD

To be fair, I didn't upload the topic and I am just as confused as you are. Negro is a pigment word just like cuckold is a bird but the internet turned it into a pejorative term. It's obvious he was using it in historical context.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Because he lets them rub his leg hair instead?

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 04:38 PM
link   

a reply to: FunshineCD

To be fair, I didn't upload the topic and I am just as confused as you are. Negro is a pigment word just like cuckold is a bird but the internet turned it into a pejorative term. It's obvious he was using it in historical context.

What part of his speech convinces you he was using it in historical context? 💡

And what's the difference between today's use and historical use? 💡

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join