It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Automakers, Countries, Cities Agree To Ban ICE Vehicles By 2040

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Have India, Russia, China agreed to do this yet? why are mostly western democratic countries banning oil/gas Vehicles By 2040? how many of EVs/Electric Vehicles being tested for winter climate?

What happens when there is a blackout that lasts for weeks or a month? wouldn't Electric Vehicle be useless? something about this push to have only Electric Vehicles by 2040/2050. While elitists and rich still fly in ICE based private jets. Seems nothing but hogwash.

For something like a EV which would cost more than 80k to 120k and for an EV charger which might be useless if there is a blackout.
Automakers, Countries, Cities Agree To Ban ICE Vehicles By 2040

hile many European nations had previously decided to ban the sale of internal combustion-engined vehicles by 2030 or 2035 in most cases, now some 30 countries, as well as automakers, agreed to stop permitting the sale of ICE vehicles after the year 2040. The agreement was reached during the United Nations’ COP26 conference on climate change, that is taking place in Glasgow, Scotland, but many important names did not take the pledge.

edit on 11-11-2021 by HawkEyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkEyi
Can’t keep the serfs chained to their feudal Lords land, if they have the freedom to leave.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Just give it a few more years. Not enough material for the batteries. Not easy to recycle the batteries. Not enough electrical power to charge the batteries.

Just another failed idea. See prohadition for an example.

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Getting real tiresome of those #'s telling me what I can or can't own.

edit on 12-11-2021 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Can't wait to watch liberals mow the grass

edit on 12-11-2021 by sraven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: sraven

Can't wait to watch liberals mow the grass

There's not a EV made that can handle what farmers put their machinery through.

Millions are gonna starve.

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   

2040?

Lol

I’ll either be dead or # posting from a nursing home.

edit on 12-11-2021 by DBCowboy because: Day drinking

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Kind of makes our decision for us -- the future second vehicle will be an Oldie, and the kids will more than likely be getting old beaters for their sweet 16's. And I don't mean a 12 year old post-tech infusion one. Think 70's, 80's models.

Hey, hubs and I are already talking about getting each of them a classic of their choice -- to rebuild entirely. And if my 12 year old REALLY wants her Porsche 911 for her big Transitional Teen Big Responsibility gift, that's how she's getting it and she knows it. If they decide they don't want to put in restoration elbow grease, they get an '84 Trans Am or something.

Progress is great & all, but once you force it, I reject the products outright. Nice job, modern E.L.F degenerates.
edit on 11/12/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

2040?

Lol

I’ll either be dead or # posting from a nursing home.

Yeah, but in 20 years, the Classic Car clubs will be VERY popular. I seriously guarantee that, people won't shift over like they want, they'll hide in auto clubs, lol.

And if my kids do start the driving era with restored gas-chugging one(s), it can also be considered an investment piece toward retirement

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Is not going to happen, green is nothing but a scam a grab for people moneys soo a few can fill their pockets, is not green in greeny and never will as we do not have the proper technology to do soo.

Then this will as usual affect the poor and needy the most, unless governments will handle free electric cars for the population this is will never work.

Then people forget the word electric on the cars, is such a joke,

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The elephant in the room.

Summary
The time it takes to charge an electric car can be as little as 30 minutes or more than 12 hours. This depends on the size of the battery and the speed of the charging point.

A typical electric car (60kWh battery) takes just under 8 hours to charge from empty-to-full with a 7kW charging point.
Most drivers top up charge rather than waiting for their battery to recharge from empty-to-full.
For many electric cars, you can add up to 100 miles of range in ~35 minutes with a 50kW rapid charger.
The bigger your car’s battery and the slower the charging point, the longer it takes to charge from empty to full.

It takes a fraction of that to put gas in a car.

And where does that power come from ?

If your lucky if the sun is out.

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   
And.

What happens to farmers that produce corn for ethanol ?

That market gets totally annihilated.

Ethanol plants sucks being them. Stick a fork in them they're done.

At least all the ethanol subsidies will end.

And Biodiesel is dead too.

Oh well.

What are peoples livelyhood in the face of saving the planet when other countries like China will just flip the west off, saying, 'Eff you very much'.

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Kind of makes our decision for us -- the future second vehicle will be an Oldie, and the kids will more than likely be getting old beaters for their sweet 16's. And I don't mean a 12 year old post-tech infusion one. Think 70's, 80's models.

Hey, hubs and I are already talking about getting each of them a classic of their choice -- to rebuild entirely. And if my 12 year old REALLY wants her Porsche 911 for her big Transitional Teen Big Responsibility gift, that's how she's getting it and she knows it. If they decide they don't want to put in restoration elbow grease, they get an '84 Trans Am or something.

Progress is great & all, but once you force it, I reject the products outright. Nice job, modern E.L.F degenerates.

My parents bought a 1976 Jeep CJ-5 for that very reason (we'll need something good for off-road). My dad and I have replaced everything now except the wiring. We bought a complete wiring harness, but the 130 page installation guide is great de-motivator. However, if/when shart hits the fan, if it's a grid takedown or "failure" then we'll be unaffected in travel. Now we're on the lookout for a 70's Bronco 4x4.

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Kind of makes our decision for us -- the future second vehicle will be an Oldie...

I'm going with real horsepower as in an actual horse. Let's see you out old school that...

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Not to mention, how long does a battery last? They can be overcharged even with overcharge protection which weakens over time, and batteries big enough to power an EV will be almost like replacing an engine. Gee, can't wait.

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Depends on the battery type.

Iron Edisons batteries for solar can last thousands of cycles- 20-30 years.

But then again certain batteries tend to explode.

Here comes the Kaboom. Ready or Not.

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Kind of makes our decision for us -- the future second vehicle will be an Oldie...

I'm going with real horsepower as in an actual horse. Let's see you out old school that...

*boom*

Pimp my ride. . . .

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Just needs some hydraulics and a kick ass bass box in the back

Remote start and gPs optional.

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   
No more classic auto shows? Oh wait they will have special permits to drive classic cars at a steep price. Just another way to tax us.

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   
What do you think gas prices in 2040 will look like?

Hell, there isn't going to be any ICE left on the planet by 2040.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join