It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The prehistoric relationship between man and dog.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Do you think the long relationship between man and wolf started when each failed to kill each other?

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

My guess would be a wolf or version of an early dog was starving and came up to the human asking for help... still happens all over the world... very sad

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 07:51 PM
link   
That's a friggin cool idea.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 08:05 PM
link   
It all started after they saw we had fireplaces and memory foam beds

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

My guess would be a wolf or version of an early dog was starving and came up to the human asking for help... still happens all over the world... very sad

Yeah. I suspect a wolf came up to a fire and the human didn't freak out. Tossed him a scrap. The wolf starts to follow and hang around human. A symbiotic relationship is born.

There is nothing like a bond with a dog.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The earth is only thousands of years of old, so is this known universe, some language came by humans mimicking, animals, ancient Hebrew sounds like rams talking, and thru The Holy Spirit who loves language in all its forms. InShAlla. Alla Ackbar. Amen.

Who corrected man from sounding like sheep to sounding angelic,amen.

edit on 10-11-2021 by Randomname2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Randomname2
The earth is only thousands of years of old, so is this known universe, some language came by humans mimicking, animals, ancient Hebrew sounds like rams talking, and thru The Holy Spirit who loves language in all its forms. InShAlla. Alla Ackbar. Amen.

Wrong.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Randomname2

lolwut?

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I'd believe that wolves fed on the scraps left behind by early humans, and followed them as they knew they were a source of food. After time, the early humans realised that giving food to the wolves, gave them an advantage over other predators who would just snack on them.

They became domesticated, and now we have rats that nip at the heels of people and big farty beasts that slobber all over you without care. As long as you rub their tummy.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 12:15 AM
link   
We had a really cold winter one year. I was worried that a familly of foxes with two kits might starve or freeze, so every time dear wife cooked a whole ham, I put all the scraps, bone and fat on some paper towels and set them by their den.

Later, I found out that foxes bond with people by smell, before their eyes open. For years, they would follow me around the yard when I was working, leave newspapers and dog toys on the doorstep, and one (the female) loved to sit and watch me while I was working in the garden.

The female had many kits over the years, and when they were tiny, I would just see her picking up squirrels I shot in the orchard. But when she didnt have kits, Foxy was always excited to see me outside, and had to hang out about 10ft from me. Always made me nervous, but she has a sweet temperment.

Eventually, she dissapeared. Probably hit by a car. No other fox has EVER been that physically close to me. I really think she thought I shot all the squirrels for her.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 12:44 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

You've got my vote

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I believe it started when a man, or a woman saw the fierce power of a wolf and stole a pup. Any wild animal if raised from new born can be domesticated. Every animal we have has been domesticated this way. Horses, pigs, goats, cattle, sheep etc. they were all wild at one time.

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I believe it started when a man, or a woman saw the fierce power of a wolf and stole a pup. Any wild animal if raised from new born can be domesticated. Every animal we have has been domesticated this way. Horses, pigs, goats, cattle, sheep etc. they were all wild at one time.

Yes all domesticated animals were whild at one time; But the Dog was the first known animal to be domesticated.

And humans carried out this domestication when they were still completely hunter gathers.

And it was a fierce carnivore; even when raised up from a pup I'd imagine a wild dog might easily pose a threat to humans.

Dr Pontus Skoglund, co-author of the study and group leader of the Ancient Genomics laboratory at London's Crick Institute, told BBC News: "Dogs are really unique in being this quite strange thing if you think about it, when all people were still hunter gatherers, they domesticate what is really a wild carnivore - wolves are pretty frightening in many parts of the world.

Under what circumstances do these first humans decide to take a chance and bring a dangerous animal into their camp?

Snatching a pup because you think its "powerful" doesn't sound like a good idea for a nomadic tribe who have no use for stationary structures like a cage. Why cart this animal around that wants to eat you, but you don't really want to eat it, just to see if it might be useful.

I think the bond had to occur quickly geologically speaking. Humans saw quickly some how that the relationship with the dog was much more beneficial than the risks. Later the practice proliferated by humans snatching up pupa.

Dogs are humans' oldest companions, DNA shows

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

And it was cemented when the humans realized the "friendly" wolf served as an early warning system that something is out there.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I don't think cages were involved. More like a pup would be treated as part of the family running free among the family. You can see this regularly with Guinea pigs, in South America where they are bred as a food source, they run free.
As for fierce animals have you not seen videos of lions being raised from cubs, chimps, bears, elephants, gorillas etc., all dangerous but raised as part of the family. Yes odd times one will revert to the wild, but the majority are peaceful.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   
A pack of wolves discovered that humans left scraps. They followed the humans at a distance. Eventually, both wolves and humans got comfortable with each others presence and discovered mutual benefits. The wolves probably started acting as early wanring security. Humans pribably figures out the qolvea could assist with hunting.

As the pack breed the pups with right temperment did better under this arrangement. Eventually, dogs become domesticated to depend on humans for food and shelter. In return they provude labor and companionship.

top topics

join