It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube Removing Dislike Button

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: 19Bones79

That sick little video (lol)... .

Hahahahaha!

I would apologize but it would be insincere

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I found one that has 129K dislikes lol.

edit on 11-11-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I always leaned left too but there is only so far you can lean before you fall over.

Libertarian left is my natural stance but that was hijacked years ago.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Do you guys think youtube is some national public service ? It’s a private company , it can do whatever it likes. It can replace the thumbs down with gifs of pandas clapping if it wanted. Same with Facebook, Twitter etc etc, don’t like it? Use something else, simples.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Do what the dimocrats do and make the “like” button the “dislike” button, let’s see how long it takes them to figure it out. Beat them at their own stupid game.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I always leaned left too but there is only so far you can lean before you fall over.

I'm somewhat there myself. Things have gotten ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: doorhandle

Do you guys think youtube is some national public service ? It’s a private company , it can do whatever it likes. It can replace the thumbs down with gifs of pandas clapping if it wanted. Same with Facebook, Twitter etc etc, don’t like it? Use something else, simples.

Fair point. A few questions if I may.

If tax money was dedicated to the development, infrastructure, maintenance, expansion or monitoring of above mentioned platforms, would that change your stance on "private company?"

If not, is there a threshold for allowable tax dollars to funnel through a business to determine if it is?

Lastly, if a business shares a tax status that is meant to provide public use and transparency, but they do not, should they still have all the benefits of that tax status?

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: doorhandle

Fair point. A few questions if I may.

If tax money was dedicated to the development, infrastructure, maintenance, expansion or monitoring of above mentioned platforms, would that change your stance on "private company?"

If not, is there a threshold for allowable tax dollars to funnel through a business to determine if it is?

Lastly, if a business shares a tax status that is meant to provide public use and transparency, but they do not, should they still have all the benefits of that tax status?

To all questions, no, and no its doesn't matter. They are a private company end of. How they get funded is irrelevant, their primary aim is to make money as long as they do that legally they can do whatever they like.

I remember when IMDB closed its message boards, I was pretty upset by this as I found it a fantastic resource. Were there ulterior motives at play other than 'hey, we don't think they provide a useful experience anymore'. Nonsense they closed them due to them not helping IMDB make money, bit like how ATS isn't a huge cash cow and proved a tricky sell, plus and also likely there was some nudging from movie studios not wanting people dish crap on their movies and actors. But anyway ultimately IMDB can do this, because hey its their site they can whatever they like. Same with YT. Not really a conspiracy against the public, just a business changing something.

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Not surprising when they won't even let you thumb down comments under any of the videos. They only allow the thumbs up to be counted while the thumbs down just sits there useless because they don't want anybody's feelings hurt.

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   
NWO-controlled ATS should follow suite and get rid of their down vote button.

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: doorhandle

Youtube is an interesting thing, because its rapid expansion from its humble roots was not foreseen by many people, and it quickly became a 'public square' of sorts, even though it is technically a private corporation. This dual existence gives it a lot of power - on one hand, it's so popular, that there isn't and can't be a meaningful competition - everyone always goes to 'youtube' instead of 'video and streaming services of all kinds and types'.

This means what this, technically private corporation, decides to do when it comes to freedom of expression becomes pretty important globally.

It's a really weird situation that hasn't existed in history before - a private corporation being a platform for millions and millions of people for all kinds of expressive purposes, whether creative or entertaining, whether informative or educational, and so on. Constitutions weren't prepared for something like this.

Youtube is a monopoly in practice, as well as a 'public square' for people all over the world - and yet it's technically true, taht it IS a private corporation, so it 'can do whatever it wants'.

However, the problems arise when it tries to be both a publisher and a platform simultaneously, so it can have everyone doing their thing on their platform, and then it can start censoring and controlling what can and what cannot be said, shown or expressed. It's like a 'free place for everyone to gather', that's controlled by a handful of people arbitrarily deciding what people are allowed to express.

It's a hideous situation in many ways, especially since there are no viable alternatives.

It is SO big that there are valid and legitimate reasons for considering OTHER things about it than just the fact that it is a private corporation - millions of people basically depend on it.

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina

Yup, this is exactly the problem.

They have market dominance and can suppress information at will.

It is interesting because the left keeps trying to hide behind "it is a private business". While that is technically true, they ignore the control they have due to their dominance. There really aren't any alternative platforms with any meaningful penetration.

I suspect the left would have a different tune if they were the ones who were obviously being censored.

Some of you may not recall, but in the 80s, the left tried to get legislation passed I believe called the Fairness Doctrine. Reagan vetoed it. Basically, they wanted conservative talk radio to provide equal time to liberals. Everyone knows, liberals suck at talk radio and have consistently failed which is why they don't have any presence in a free market.

Youtube situation is the opposite where they are actively suppressing opposing views. With talk radio (and now TV with FoxNews dominating), it is clear liberal positions are not favorable in an uncontested free market.

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
This is about one account and one account only. They’ll do anything to hide what people really think about the Brandon administration. Turning comments off just wasn’t enough.

Or……righties saying biden is a traitor for passing the infrastructure bill
Even after trump tried to pull a coup by actively calling state officials to cheat on the count…and let’s not forget calling ANYONE Left of center a traitor. Biden spending time trying to get all the thug hires out of the government

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 03:09 AM
link   

It's happened today.

No more dislikes on any video. This will be the beginning of the end for YouTube.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Yeah. I noticed it yesterday. It really messes up the viewing experience. I used to look at like dislike count to get an idea of the video quality. Now you dont know as you cant see the like dislike ratio.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Does it really matter?

ATS only has like buttons.....

Comments like 'the story about torturing beagles is getting out'....got 1.5 thousand likes on yt...but no dislikes lol.

edit on 19-11-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Come on, give me a break! So lame!

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Yeah. I noticed it yesterday. It really messes up the viewing experience. I used to look at like dislike count to get an idea of the video quality. Now you dont know as you cant see the like dislike ratio.

It was bad enough when they removed the star ratings and that was long before the heavy monetization shenanigans.

Now I have to give Ad revenue to creators to find out if their content is garbage or not.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Does it really matter? 

ATS only has like buttons..... 

Yes it matters.

We don't have to waste hours of our lives to read ATS threads. (No ads...)

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I'm somewhat there myself.

I've known that for a long time. I star a hella lot of your posts because you echo my thoughts on a fair few issues.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join